Author Topic: Frank  (Read 34784 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Frank
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2014, 11:13:53 PM »
WGAF?  oscar was handed a lambo.  Frank was paid to get an old Cavalier running and able to go to the store and back.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2014, 11:25:15 PM »
Igaf  because the answer will determine which of these two crap coaches will win more games this year, its the most excitement  a cat bball fan will have.
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2014, 11:29:57 PM »
is the metric as simple as  games won?

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2014, 11:34:51 PM »
WGAF?  oscar was handed a lambo.  Frank was paid to get an old Cavalier running and able to go to the store and back.

This is true.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2014, 11:40:20 PM »
I'm #bid but I'm not sure that's accurate

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2014, 12:01:53 AM »
Maybe not a lambo, but Def a really nice BMW.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2014, 12:27:21 AM »
is the metric as simple as  games won?

Yup
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2014, 10:10:53 AM »
I can't tell if this is one of those times where we are taking wacky too seriously or not. I would guess that he is jk and he actually agrees with us about frank

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2014, 10:13:25 AM »

Maybe a BMW that couldn't roll down its rear passenger window and had its check engine light on.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2014, 11:48:07 AM »
I don't buy that.  1.no EMAW would be associated with a crap ride like that, 2.oscar mows his own lawn so there is no way he doesn't pay attention  to gauges.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 20, 2014, 12:03:05 PM »

Maybe a BMW that couldn't roll down its rear passenger window and had its check engine light on.

This was a great post.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2014, 12:11:13 PM »

This was a great post.

too obvious, imo

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2014, 12:16:28 PM »

This was a great post.

too obvious, imo

Let wetwillie have his moment.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2014, 01:08:58 PM »
No Upshaw home games while Gooch is in town next month.  We could've worn Frank shirts and waved a pak head.  :frown:

Hec Ed is a dump for the record, but it's our dump and I love seeing games there. We should go see the UW/UA game - or as I call it - the battle for pvegs' alumni donations.

I'm in.  FWIW, I have my own and an extra Frank shirt, along w/a pak head.  Kemp's kid (insert lifted joke here) is dunking for them too, right?

Awesome, I'll coordinate this. And yup, Kemp Jr plays and is finally a legit contributor.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2014, 01:57:43 PM »
I can't tell if this is one of those times where we are taking wacky too seriously or not. I would guess that he is jk and he actually agrees with us about frank

I don't think anyone is taking him seriously at all, I don't see many replies to his batshit crazy posts ITT.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2014, 02:00:59 PM »
I'm still stunned at cRusty's Robert Upshaw nail and hanging Frank's recruiting coat on it.

How many schools backed off because they knew they'd never get him in?

none

:lol:

Never stop FrankitecRusty

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »

Frank was handed a Lambo at K-State and lost 12 games and got beat by Ginger land in the 2nd round.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 20, 2014, 02:06:33 PM »

Frank was handed a Lambo at K-State and lost 12 games and got beat by Ginger land in the 2nd round.

Yeah, a lambo that hadn't been to the NCAA tournament in a decade

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2014, 02:08:38 PM »

When you sit down in the coaches chair for the first time and your predecessor left Mike Beasley and Bill Walker you've got it pretty good.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2014, 02:44:54 PM »
No Upshaw home games while Gooch is in town next month.  We could've worn Frank shirts and waved a pak head.  :frown:

Hec Ed is a dump for the record, but it's our dump and I love seeing games there. We should go see the UW/UA game - or as I call it - the battle for pvegs' alumni donations.

I'm in.  FWIW, I have my own and an extra Frank shirt, along w/a pak head.  Kemp's kid (insert lifted joke here) is dunking for them too, right?

Awesome, I'll coordinate this. And yup, Kemp Jr plays and is finally a legit contributor.

Cool.  I'd go to a non-'zona game too anytime it works.  Gonna invite JMart too to make it an OGPNWPAK.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2014, 03:42:28 PM »

When you sit down in the coaches chair for the first time and your predecessor left Mike Beasley and Bill Walker you've got it pretty good.

No doubt. That was a fun season but we absolutely underachieved.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2014, 07:13:43 PM »

Plus Team Ginger was pretty damn experienced, good, and coached by a great.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2014, 07:16:32 PM »
Hating on oscar for what this team is doing now is warranted and deserved, but discounting a league title for your own school because you don't like the coach seems really dumb.
That might be the saddest thing about all of this.  The best two years in 'modern' KSU BBall are downplayed from either side.  The ones who dislike Frank crap on the elite 8 run, and those who bemoan the hiring of oscar run down the league title.

Yeah, its strange. I guess I'm one of the few that count the Elite 8 and the Big 12 title as the best 2 K-State basketball seasons I've experienced. To me K-State basketball has always been bigger than the coach whether I like him or not. I really liked Frank a lot and the brand he meant for K-State while he was here and it was a lot of fun, but he's never coming back. Granted, I'll pay more attention to what he does than some other SEC basketball coach, but I'm not going to care that much either way about his successes or failures.

I don't think we should downplay either of those two years, we should just understand them for what they are. The E8 run was the best year of Kansas State basketball since 1988 even though we may have not won the conf. title. Weber's conf. title year was awesome, but it was Frank's talent, which is why it is tough to swallow as we now experience the decline of the Weber controlled program.

We all know Frank is not coming back, but that is not the point. The point is that our AD mumped this up.

Frank's ceiling at KSU was higher than oscar's is. I just don't see how that can be argued any other way, at least if you have a decent understanding of what is necessary to win in Manhattan. Some of you are just damn fools and I've accepted that - obviously, _fan and chingon not included in this category.
I really don't disagree with much of that. I think Frank deserves at least a portion of the blame for not being able to work with Currie though.

You're probably right about this, I am working with imperfect information, and Currie had no reason but to play his cards close to his vest.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 21, 2014, 09:56:53 PM »
Wait are some people saying Angel didn't want to play for Frank and would have left if he stayed? I thought he left because Frank wasn't there anymore

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2014, 09:58:53 PM »
Wait are some people saying Angel didn't want to play for Frank and would have left if he stayed? I thought he left because Frank wasn't there anymore
Nobody is saying that about Angel. Closer than my peeps he was to Frank.