Author Topic: Long John Silver's  (Read 15932 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Long John Silver's
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2014, 02:30:24 PM »
:thumbs:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2014, 07:32:59 PM »
I could eat an entire bucket of their fried clams. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2014, 08:26:14 PM »
I love LJS but only eat it once every 6 months to a year. I get the fish/chicken combo, it's heaven while I'm eating it but when I'm done I am immediately filled with regret. I feel like I could be minutes from a heart attack. Also a sign to just how bad LJS is that I absolutely cannot stand fish or seafood of any kind. I frequently vacation in New Orleans, I lived in Massachusetts and Maine, but all food out of the water taste the same. Catfish, alligator, salmon, lobster; I really taste very little difference. LJS though is not fish, it's deep fat fried goodness wrapped in regret.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 21, 2014, 08:35:29 PM »
Nothing like fast food seafood in the middle of the midwest.  :Ugh: :Yuck:

There is one in the Boston area that was 30 minutes away from my house and my office, still grubbed twice while I lived there.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 21, 2014, 08:37:32 PM »
I wonder if eating at long john silvers actually makes you whiter

NOPE! Closer to death though.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 21, 2014, 08:53:51 PM »
I love LJS but only eat it once every 6 months to a year. I get the fish/chicken combo, it's heaven while I'm eating it but when I'm done I am immediately filled with regret. I feel like I could be minutes from a heart attack. Also a sign to just how bad LJS is that I absolutely cannot stand fish or seafood of any kind. I frequently vacation in New Orleans, I lived in Massachusetts and Maine, but all food out of the water taste the same. Catfish, alligator, salmon, lobster; I really taste very little difference. LJS though is not fish, it's deep fat fried goodness wrapped in regret.

I completely agree.  I don't like "fishy" tasting things, but I love LJS fried fish.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 21, 2014, 08:55:09 PM »
There is one in the Boston area that was 30 minutes away from my house and my office, still grubbed twice while I lived there.

The closest one here is 30 minutes away.

The 4th closest one is in Lacey, WA. :surprised:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 21, 2014, 08:55:28 PM »
Sorry about your shitty taste buds mir.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 21, 2014, 08:56:36 PM »

Don't waste your time, you are now adjacent to fabulous chowder.  We may need a separate chowder thread.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 21, 2014, 08:57:57 PM »

Don't waste your time, you are now adjacent to fabulous chowder.  We may need a separate chowder thread.

That pike place chowder is right outside my new barber's place.  We can talk about it next hoops chat.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 21, 2014, 08:58:31 PM »

Me too. I'm so jealous of people that enjoy fish and vegetables. My diet is filled with regret and make up workouts.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 21, 2014, 08:59:59 PM »

:D I'll tell you what, that long john silvers is some real shitty fish, boy

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 21, 2014, 09:01:37 PM »

Me too. I'm so jealous of people that enjoy fish and vegetables. My diet is filled with regret and make up workouts.
I can enjoy pretty much any type of food. It's a shame that catfish tastes the same as swordfish to you.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 21, 2014, 09:07:29 PM »

This is the key. I hear this all the time, but have never experienced and I eat a lot of trash food. LJS seems to do it to me every time.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 21, 2014, 09:13:31 PM »

That pike place chowder is right outside my new barber's place.  We can talk about it next hoops chat.

God I love that place.  I use approximately 400 oyster crackers in my chowder.  And, I just get the regular style.  None of that kind with salmon or cheese or whatever.  Old school white clam chowder.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2014, 09:24:42 PM »

God I love that place.  I use approximately 400 oyster crackers in my chowder.  And, I just get the regular style.  None of that kind with salmon or cheese or whatever.  Old school white clam chowder.

Pro tip: If you don't want to wait on the tourist line at the one at the market, they have a satellite shop in Pacific Place, the mall about 6 blocks east.  Nobody's ever there.  They also have a happy hour.

The Big Train

« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2014, 09:26:58 PM »
I'm gonna have to go eat LJS this week just because of this thread. I think the last time I ate there was the old one before they tore it down. I went to school with some of the guys that worked there and they used to give us free food and make the worlds largest hush puppies and not charge. Someone even got fired and would still go in and cook his own food then leave, after he was no longer employed there. Probably why the old one closed.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2014, 09:30:10 PM »

Probably why the old one closed.

Heh yeah. They actually put  typed  signs up that said they closed because shitty employees were out of control and they were losing too much money.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2014, 10:06:16 PM »
The mhk LJS is seriously the best one in the world.
could this be what is keeping mhk from fulfilling its Red Lobster manifest destiny?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 22, 2014, 12:56:43 AM »

Heh yeah. They actually put  typed  signs up that said they closed because shitty employees were out of control and they were losing too much money.

I've asked for my money back once after waiting 20+ minutes for my order and not getting it.  It was at the old mkh ljs.  I was the only one in the store. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

The Big Train

« Reply #170 on: December 22, 2014, 12:59:41 AM »

I've asked for my money back once after waiting 20+ minutes for my order and not getting it.  It was at the old mkh ljs.  I was the only one in the store.

they ran a pretty non-efficient ship

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 22, 2014, 01:00:01 AM »
I love LJS but only eat it once every 6 months to a year. I get the fish/chicken combo, it's heaven while I'm eating it but when I'm done I am immediately filled with regret. I feel like I could be minutes from a heart attack.

The LJS/A&W combos are the worst.  I can't help but get the fish/chicken combo with A&W cheddar bites for my side.  The addition of fried cheese makes it worse.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 22, 2014, 07:48:00 AM »
I love LJS but only eat it once every 6 months to a year. I get the fish/chicken combo, it's heaven while I'm eating it but when I'm done I am immediately filled with regret. I feel like I could be minutes from a heart attack.

The LJS/A&W combos are the worst.  I can't help but get the fish/chicken combo with A&W cheddar bites for my side.  The addition of fried cheese makes it worse.

Holy crap

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2015, 03:51:25 PM »
 :peek:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker