Author Topic: Does Anyone Still Care Enough To Force The AD To Fire oscar?  (Read 13750 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Does Anyone Still Care Enough To Force The AD To Fire oscar?
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2014, 01:30:16 AM »
how many people cared enough to go the game on a nice Sunday evening yesterday?  were there 3k there?
Exactly. No one at the games, and the people there don't seem to care.

I heard louder cheers for the cowboy dancers at half time a few games back than I have for the team all season.

A 5PM Sunday tipoff against Savannah State is a joke, no idea why basketball ops did that. We've had games on graduation weekend every single year, I never remember having a 5PM Sunday tipoff.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2014, 01:35:31 AM »
I do not see how any sane person could watch this team to this point and conclude, "well, maybe he'll get it together, this is just like the last two years."

It's not. This team is soft, out of shape, and leaderless for the most part.

Just wait until our boy ADJC gets to make a football hire....eff.

FWIW I think we will be fine.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2014, 01:36:52 AM »
If we don't make the NCAA this year, I want him fired.  His kids, his scheme, his fault.

However, I don't think any majority will care unless we miss the NCAA and don't get an NIT invite.  Even then, tucks will want to give him one more shot and Juniors Wes, Marcus, and DJamer will win his job back.

No matter how well this season goes there is literally no way we won't have 2 or 3 significant transfers.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2014, 02:05:22 AM »
If we don't make the NCAA this year, I want him fired.  His kids, his scheme, his fault.

However, I don't think any majority will care unless we miss the NCAA and don't get an NIT invite.  Even then, tucks will want to give him one more shot and Juniors Wes, Marcus, and DJamer will win his job back.

No matter how well this season goes there is literally no way we won't have 2 or 3 significant transfers.

Burned Redshirts:
DJamer
Bolden
Edwards
Hurt

Low probability:
Marcus
Wes (Unless he doesn't get it turned around)
Malek

Medium probability
Tre

Highest Probability (Would be a one or the other situation):
Jevon
Nigel

Bolden could be a Brucing. I still think he is interesting. How Nigel role is handle is very key to how things shake out. I get the logic turnover, roster just has a weird build to it. I would say 1-2.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2014, 06:03:04 AM »
what's interesting about bolden?  sucked with the Hoyas, sucks with us.  very typical mid-90's k-state big eating up a scholarship with no hope of ever contributing anything.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2014, 06:05:15 AM »
how many people cared enough to go the game on a nice Sunday evening yesterday?  were there 3k there?
I heard louder cheers for the cowboy dancers at half time a few games back than I have for the team all season.

They were far more entertaining and in-sync than any other Kansas State team on the floor that evening.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2014, 06:12:30 AM »
what's interesting about bolden?  sucked with the Hoyas, sucks with us.  very typical mid-90's k-state big eating up a scholarship with no hope of ever contributing anything.

A real S&C coach (Greenawalt) could turn him into a serviceable spell for Gip, Hurt and Nino. The young man needs to eat a rough ridin' sandwich and spend some time in a weight room.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2014, 06:24:09 AM »
Personally, I have less enthusiasm for both goEMAW and twitter than I've had in previous years.

Basketball in years past: I'll watch if it's on TV, don't really care if it's not.
Basketball now: Exact same.

goEMAW in years past: Read every thread.
goEMAW now: God, is there even a single thread title that looks appealing enough to click on?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2014, 06:48:36 AM »

A real S&C coach (Greenawalt) could turn him into a serviceable spell for Gip, Hurt and Nino. The young man needs to eat a rough ridin' sandwich and spend some time in a weight room.
i disagree.  he's just not good at basketball.
has nothing to do with strength or conditioning.
talent in big men is pretty easy to recognize and this dude is lost out there.  this is my impression after not seeing much ksu hoops this season though so maybe he is just a few reps on the incline away from cat fame and fortune

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2014, 07:11:23 AM »

i disagree.  he's just not good at basketball.
has nothing to do with strength or conditioning.
talent in big men is pretty easy to recognize and this dude is lost out there.  this is my impression after not seeing much ksu hoops this season though so maybe he is just a few reps on the incline away from cat fame and fortune

No, he'll never good, but he's absolutely worthless in the physical condition that he is in currently.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2014, 09:06:56 AM »
The announcer(s) last year that said that the team still had a "residue of toughness" or whatever were right.  Instead of it being ingrained, it got washed off with some Axe body wash and a pouf.   

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2014, 09:29:56 AM »
I dvr every game and end up fastforwarding through 85% of it.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2014, 09:41:24 AM »
I don't have DVR. I have had to miss nearly half the games because of conflicts, but I've still done stats and watched highlights. The stats are generally pretty informative on how ugly the games have been.

I'm fine with people getting as pissed as they want, but I think its silly to think that a small segment of fans is going to do anything to force Currie's hand at this point on oscar. At the end of the day Currie is a bottom line guy and if the bottom line drops for basketball because oscar fails he'll be gone. I have zero fear of a Wooly type scenario happening.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2014, 09:43:33 AM »
I'm not sure I'll even bother to watch them play UT at the drum. Under Frank I would've made that and the Baylor game, easily. I'll tune in if I stumble onto them while flipping channels, but really my level of engagement is limiting to reading Peggy Pos/Nancy negs and _FAN stats.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2014, 09:50:21 AM »
Good (I guess) news: I have some pretty tuckish family members, who are huge oscar supporters, that have already moved to wait and see mode and will be in the firing camp if things don't improve. Point being, the tucks are slowly turning on oscar too.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:56:57 AM by yoman »
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2014, 09:52:21 AM »
I am actually more intrigued to see how oscar reacts if it doesn't go well.  His track record is to lay the blame on everyone else, make AWFUL excuses and generally poison his team from the inside while trying to look like a nice guy. 

I mean, he blamed jet lag for 2 weeks.  rough ridin' Buzz Aldrin never had that much jet lag.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2014, 09:53:18 AM »
And I think the Tucks will turn on oscar because of awful defense, turnovers, FT% and excuses.  Not necessarily in that order.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2014, 09:54:15 AM »
_FAN is right, and that sucks, because that means, unless foster and crew ask for a transfer this season and scare Currie regarding providing a crap product next yr, we will have at least one more year of oscar due to when the ticket sales are processed for next season.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2014, 09:58:30 AM »
Tucks have had a taste of sustained success and they like it.  Most of that has been more competitive against their rivals to the east. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2014, 10:08:36 AM »
I don't have DVR. I have had to miss nearly half the games because of conflicts, but I've still done stats and watched highlights. The stats are generally pretty informative on how ugly the games have been.

I'm fine with people getting as pissed as they want, but I think its silly to think that a small segment of fans is going to do anything to force Currie's hand at this point on oscar. At the end of the day Currie is a bottom line guy and if the bottom line drops for basketball because oscar fails he'll be gone. I have zero fear of a Wooly type scenario happening.

dude DVR rules.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2014, 10:27:15 AM »
I am actually more intrigued to see how oscar reacts if it doesn't go well.  His track record is to lay the blame on everyone else, make AWFUL excuses and generally poison his team from the inside while trying to look like a nice guy. 

I mean, he blamed jet lag for 2 weeks.  rough ridin' Buzz Aldrin never had that much jet lag.

Power outage in manhattan last night.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2014, 10:31:54 AM »

Power outage in manhattan last night.

Oh man, can't wait.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2014, 10:50:21 AM »

wait, when did he blame jet lag???

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2014, 10:55:58 AM »

Pretty sure it was after the close call against Bradley.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2014, 10:57:21 AM »

He has basically fit it into every single interview he has had since he set foot back on the mainland.