Author Topic: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops  (Read 180187 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #1875 on: April 14, 2021, 12:14:48 PM »
Yeah, let's all take turns telling MIR that his feelings on this topic are wrong.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: April 14, 2021, 12:22:53 PM »
He was pulled over for having an air freshener hanging from his mirror and was killed because a cop thought she was going to taze him but grabbed her pistol instead.

I think there is plenty to be angry about.

Yeah there's room to be upset about both George Floyd and Daunte Wright.

If George Floyd is the standard for outrage being allowable nothing will ever change.

That is absolutely not what I said.. I'm making a request for nuance and you two seem to be like, nah. One conversation is about policing, one conversation is about murder.

Also he wasn't pulled over because of air fresheners. He had an expired registration sticker then his warrants came up. They knew he had a warrant on a weapons charge. Despite knowing this they still didn't approached his car with their weapons drawn. They told him he was being arrested he broke free of the officers then got back in his car.

This woman shouldn't be a cop, she shouldn't be charged with murder. Masking Wright and this officer the focus of what happened here is the easy way out and completely misses the larger, more relevant point.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: April 14, 2021, 12:28:03 PM »
He was pulled over for having an air freshener hanging from his mirror and was killed because a cop thought she was going to taze him but grabbed her pistol instead.

If George Floyd is the standard for outrage being allowable nothing will ever change.

That is absolutely not what I said.. I'm making a request for nuance and you two seem to be like, nah. One conversation is about policing, one conversation is about murder.

Also he wasn't pulled over because of air fresheners. He had an expired registration sticker then his warrants came up. They knew he had a warrant on a weapons charge. Despite knowing this they still didn't approached his car with their weapons drawn. They told him he was being arrested he broke free of the officers then got back in his car.

This woman shouldn't be a cop, she shouldn't be charged with murder. Masking Wright and this officer the focus of what happened here is the easy way out and completely misses the larger, more relevant point.

Obviously they're different, I didn't realize people were saying they weren't. Honestly if this didn't happen a few miles from the Chauvin trial no one would probably be giving a crap. (Which is sad)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: April 14, 2021, 12:46:21 PM »

Good grief man, sometimes you read way too much into what people post here. I didn't compare anything to Floyd or call it murder.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: April 14, 2021, 01:08:41 PM »
Anyway, I don't even disagree with your original post. I thought they learned of the warrant after he was pulled over so if there were expired tags I'll retract that part.

My biggest takeaway from the incident is further proof that regular cops shouldn't have guns.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: April 14, 2021, 01:24:26 PM »

Good grief man, sometimes you read way too much into what people post here. I didn't compare anything to Floyd or call it murder.

I wasn't the only person that saw your post as a rebuttal, not sure why you're addressing me and not the point I made. Anyway, that wasn't the objection I had to your post. You inferred that I should be angry, about it and supported that with a false narrative about the incident.

Anyway, I don't even disagree with your original post. I thought they learned of the warrant after he was pulled over so if there were expired tags I'll retract that part.

My biggest takeaway from the incident is further proof that regular cops shouldn't have guns.

I don't think that this is a good argument for that either. He had a warrant for being charged with carrying an unlicensed hand gun. Do we want cops interacting with guns and they don't have one? What's the solution, to not arrest him but let him go until a cop with a gun can? In the meantime you hope this person doesn't commit a gun crime?

You can find several posts for me on here calling to disarm cops, but that can't happen here without disarming the populace first.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: April 14, 2021, 01:29:19 PM »
Also if you watch the full video, you can stop before the shooting, the officers are telling him that he has warrants when he asks why they are asking him to step out of the car.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/04/12/brooklyn-center-police-bodycam-footage-daunte-wright-shooting-vpx.cnn

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: April 14, 2021, 01:39:10 PM »
I also didn't infer that you should be angry, just that there are valid reasons to be angry. There are plenty of things I choose not to care about as well!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: April 14, 2021, 01:52:05 PM »
I don't think that this is a good argument for that either. He had a warrant for being charged with carrying an unlicensed hand gun. Do we want cops interacting with guns and they don't have one? What's the solution, to not arrest him but let him go until a cop with a gun can? In the meantime you hope this person doesn't commit a gun crime?

Yeah that sounds fine. In this case there were at least three officers there, they could have just slow played it until the backup gun cop arrived.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: April 14, 2021, 02:00:37 PM »
I don't think she should be charged with a crime.

The department needs to find out why 3 officers couldn't properly detain a dude with those warrants.  Not enough training?  Poor training? 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: April 14, 2021, 02:04:21 PM »

Yeah that sounds fine. In this case there were at least three officers there, they could have just slow played it until the backup gun cop arrived.
Also, expired registration is as much of a bullshit reason to pull someone over as an air freshener hanging from the rear view

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: April 14, 2021, 02:16:20 PM »

Also, expired registration is as much of a bullshit reason to pull someone over as an air freshener hanging from the rear view
The only time I’ve ever been pulled over was for expired registration stickers. And I am very white.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: April 14, 2021, 02:20:37 PM »
I've been pulled over millions of times and some of those times were for expired tags, and one of the expired tags times I even had a warrant, no insurance, and expired license and the cop let me go!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: April 14, 2021, 02:22:51 PM »

The only time I’ve ever been pulled over was for expired registration stickers. And I am very white.

It's bullshit, being forgetful and/or poor doesn't put anyone in danger.

I can actually see an argument that something hanging from the rear view impairs a field of vision and makes driving more dangerous.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: April 14, 2021, 02:23:08 PM »
I've been pulled over millions of times and some of those times were for expired tags, and one of the expired tags times I even had a warrant, no insurance, and expired license and the cop let me go!

Sounds like you should be better about renewing your tags.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: April 14, 2021, 02:26:49 PM »
I'm a lot less poor and irresponsible in my advanced age.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: April 14, 2021, 03:46:21 PM »
i got pulled over twice in the same day for expired registration  :Wha:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: April 14, 2021, 04:32:28 PM »
Expired registrations probably account for like 20% of traffic stops

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: April 15, 2021, 12:04:55 AM »

He resisted and tried to take off when they had guns. How does that turn out if they don't have them?

Why have laws at all?

It's bullshit, being forgetful and/or poor doesn't put anyone in danger.

I can actually see an argument that something hanging from the rear view impairs a field of vision and makes driving more dangerous.

He didn't forget, come on man. I'd bet any amount of money that Minnesota, like every other state in America has an enforcement date well beyond the expiration date. Do you think Wright was responsible for any of the actions that led to his being shot?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: April 15, 2021, 12:10:31 AM »

The department needs to find out why 3 officers couldn't properly detain a dude with those warrants.  Not enough training?  Poor training?

She should have absolutely been charged with something. Is she guilty of second degree manslaughter, dunno what that burden entails. Cops can't be allowed to make those mistakes without repercussion. Unions won't allow them to hold themselves accountable so the law needs to.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: April 15, 2021, 12:12:40 AM »
BTW according to the New York Times, George Floyd's girlfriend taught Daunte Wright in high school.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: April 15, 2021, 06:00:55 AM »

She should have absolutely been charged with something. Is she guilty of second degree manslaughter, dunno what that burden entails. Cops can't be allowed to make those mistakes without repercussion. Unions won't allow them to hold themselves accountable so the law needs to.
The second degree manslaughter charge fits

1) by the person's culpable negligence whereby the person creates an unreasonable risk, and consciously takes chances of causing death or great bodily harm to another;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: April 15, 2021, 08:02:41 AM »
yeah wtf

just because you are a cop you don't get to whoopsie murder someone

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: April 15, 2021, 08:43:22 AM »
yeah wtf

just because you are a cop you don't get to whoopsie murder someone
Yeah, plus even if you believe her, you can’t throw out a blueprint for actual shitty cops to shout “I’m going to taze you” before murdering.