Author Topic: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops  (Read 181408 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Re: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #1775 on: June 22, 2020, 03:46:41 PM »
https://twitter.com/notworldclazz/status/1274871684642803715

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked it up and the cop that got shot by his own boss (8 times with 9 different wounds) amazingly survived.  This happened in 2015.  The boss guy who did the shooting apparently retired 3 days before they voted 6-1 to fire him.  The officer never got charged, but the dude who got shot got received a $6.5m settlement. 

https://www.courthousenews.com/6-5-million-for-copshot-by-his-own-boss/
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: June 22, 2020, 04:00:10 PM »
Are you Ok?!?!?!

wtf you just shot him 8 times

the eff you think

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: June 22, 2020, 04:43:30 PM »
Are you Ok?!?!?!

wtf you just shot him 8 times

the eff you think

Was that the shot cop who responded to "Are you OK?!" with a deadpan, sarcastic, "No!" ? If so, I'm impressed by his composure.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: June 22, 2020, 05:00:35 PM »
cops shouldn't have guns

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: June 22, 2020, 07:54:39 PM »
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: June 23, 2020, 04:22:36 AM »
https://twitter.com/notworldclazz/status/1274871684642803715

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked it up and the cop that got shot by his own boss (8 times with 9 different wounds) amazingly survived.  This happened in 2015.  The boss guy who did the shooting apparently retired 3 days before they voted 6-1 to fire him.  The officer never got charged, but the dude who got shot got received a $6.5m settlement. 

https://www.courthousenews.com/6-5-million-for-copshot-by-his-own-boss/

I want to know who this [redacted] was.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: June 23, 2020, 04:25:10 AM »
cops shouldn't have guns

lmao

There are many cops in the western world without guns, dummy. You're right though, it's impractical here though because you dipshit republicans and you gun lust and nra ball juggling.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: June 23, 2020, 08:48:37 AM »

cops shouldn't have guns

lmao

There are many cops in the western world without guns, dummy. You're right though, it's impractical here though because you dipshit republicans and you gun lust and nra ball juggling.

Even with an armed public, fewer people would die during interactions with the police. People get shot because guns put people on edge.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: June 23, 2020, 08:58:45 AM »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: June 23, 2020, 09:12:12 AM »
Sick
:adios:

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: June 23, 2020, 09:41:09 AM »
Steroids are a hell of a drug.  He's so devoted to being an bad person cop that he even does it while on vacation.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1786 on: June 23, 2020, 09:52:04 AM »
On admin leave and being investigated. Will be interesting to see what comes of it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: June 23, 2020, 09:53:54 AM »
On admin leave and being investigated. Will be interesting to see what comes of it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

nothing will come of it

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: June 23, 2020, 10:57:01 AM »
cops shouldn't have guns

lmao

Why so hostile?  Please don't try and compare the U.S. to Iceland or Maldives.  And you're right, it is impractical and that was why I had the response that I did. And while I agree that there are plenty of "dipshit pub's that love their NRA" there is plenty of dipshit dem's that love them as well.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: June 23, 2020, 12:26:34 PM »
cops shouldn't have guns

lmao

Why so hostile?  Please don't try and compare the U.S. to Iceland or Maldives.  And you're right, it is impractical and that was why I had the response that I did. And while I agree that there are plenty of "dipshit pub's that love their NRA" there is plenty of dipshit dem's that love them as well.

How about England, dummy?

Even with an armed public, fewer people would die during interactions with the police. People get shot because guns put people on edge.

You are correct, no debate there, but there is no way you are going to find enough cops to work our streets without weapons. There's a constant threat of ambush. The countries like England, the UK, and Norway where the cops don't carry guns, and France where they are essentially never used, there is virtually no threat of the cops encountering someone else with a gun.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: June 23, 2020, 01:17:26 PM »
cops shouldn't have guns

lmao

You are correct, no debate there, but there is no way you are going to find enough cops to work our streets without weapons. There's a constant threat of ambush. The countries like England, the UK, and Norway where the cops don't carry guns, and France where they are essentially never used, there is virtually no threat of the cops encountering someone else with a gun.

I agree that the U.S. is a fundamentally different challenge in that regard. However, I would support a smaller and more selective police force (with guns) and then glorified meter maids (without guns) to perform most of the routine B.S. cops actually do.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: June 23, 2020, 04:08:30 PM »
cops shouldn't have guns

lmao

I agree that the U.S. is a fundamentally different challenge in that regard. However, I would support a smaller and more selective police force (with guns) and then glorified meter maids (without guns) to perform most of the routine B.S. cops actually do.

I would support this as well.  Would obviously be easier in smaller population location although I'm sure there are variables in that too.  Not sure how well it would work of populations north of 100,000?  :dunno:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: June 23, 2020, 04:14:45 PM »
cops shouldn't have guns

lmao

I would support this as well.  Would obviously be easier in smaller population location although I'm sure there are variables in that too.  Not sure how well it would work of populations north of 100,000?  :dunno:

Seems doable to me regardless of population size. Don't have armed cops pull people over for traffic violations. Don't send cops to take reports. Just chart out every routine task and put them in bucket 1 or bucket 2. Also, the meter maids don't have the authority to arrest you. I would think knowing the meter maid can't arrest or shoot you would prevent things from getting out of hand. You're free to bolt, but you know you'll probably get caught later by an actual cop with a gun.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: June 23, 2020, 04:24:02 PM »
Have all cops be in tag teams of 1 cop w/gun and stuff and the other cop being basically a social worker.  If they know what's up in advance, the unneeded one can chill in the car.  If it's unknown, they both go and suss it out real quick and the necessary one takes the lead on things.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #1794 on: June 23, 2020, 04:32:06 PM »
Have all cops be in tag teams of 1 cop w/gun and stuff and the other cop being basically a social worker.  If they know what's up in advance, the unneeded one can chill in the car.  If it's unknown, they both go and suss it out real quick and the necessary one takes the lead on things.
I think situations where that would actually be called for are just crazy small.

If you have no reason to think another person’s life is in immediate danger, the unarmed social worker is fine. Bad guys in general don’t kill cops because the consequences are so severe, not because they’re afraid of getting out gunned. You put the same kind of bad apples in a situation with a social worker they’ll just run away. And that’s fine. Slap another charge in their record and have the (few, well trained) enforcers follow up another time.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: June 23, 2020, 05:03:52 PM »
cops shouldn't have guns

lmao

Same.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: June 24, 2020, 03:01:32 PM »
Horrible.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: June 24, 2020, 04:02:17 PM »
I'm so confused
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire