Author Topic: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops  (Read 178310 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #1650 on: October 15, 2019, 01:52:25 PM »
I think 10 years is probably enough for most murders, honestly.

i agree, but as long as we're giving civilians longer sentences, i don't want cops getting relatively shorter sentences.

I'd agree if we actually had a rehabilitation system, but we don't. With recidivism rates what they are we can't be letting murders out of jail in a decade.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: October 15, 2019, 01:59:21 PM »
Recidivism rates for murderers to commit another murder are somewhere between 1-3%.

https://www.academia.edu/25838194/Homicide_offender_recidivism_A_review_of_the_literature (Section 3.1)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: October 15, 2019, 02:11:55 PM »
Make sure you're all checking what the actual crimes are state to state and what the sentencing guidelines are in each state.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: October 15, 2019, 02:14:39 PM »
Recidivism rates for murderers to commit another murder are somewhere between 1-3%.

https://www.academia.edu/25838194/Homicide_offender_recidivism_A_review_of_the_literature (Section 3.1)

What about other serious crimes though? Of course it's tough to kill people, even if you're a sociopath, you still need opportunity to murder someone. Recidivism is much more about how we treat prisoners in jail and when they're released.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: October 15, 2019, 02:22:10 PM »
Same section says recidivism of murderers to commit a violent crime is 2-16% depending on the type of homicide.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: October 15, 2019, 02:23:25 PM »
I am actually kind of torn, as I stated earlier I don't think we need cops but I also want murderers to go to prison for life,  the problem is since we don't have cops we don't really need a judicial system either so I guess I can't have it both ways.   :curse:

I also want my cousin to get off in 10 years if he kills someone cuz is he really going to learn any more of a lesson than he did in the first 10 years?
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: October 15, 2019, 02:24:05 PM »
And I agree our system should be much more focused on rehabilitation, but the vast majority of “recidivism” is parole violations and non-violent drug offenses, so it has just as much to do with policy on the back end.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: October 15, 2019, 02:54:27 PM »
I am actually kind of torn, as I stated earlier I don't think we need cops but I also want murderers to go to prison for life,  the problem is since we don't have cops we don't really need a judicial system either so I guess I can't have it both ways.   :curse:

I also want my cousin to get off in 10 years if he kills someone cuz is he really going to learn any more of a lesson than he did in the first 10 years?

Obviously you need police or some entity to serve in that role. They don't need guns and tanks. You can have a judicial system without police.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: October 15, 2019, 03:03:53 PM »

Obviously you need police or some entity to serve in that role. They don't need guns and tanks. You can have a judicial system without police.
Regarding your last sentence, how? Judges just do everything?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: October 15, 2019, 06:01:28 PM »

What I meant by that is police how they are currently constituted in most of the western world. There would need to be some mechanism in place round up perceived law breakers. In this pipe dream the actual police as a body aren't the real issue but the latitude in which the criminal justice system gives them.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: October 15, 2019, 06:28:46 PM »

What I meant by that is police how they are currently constituted in most of the western world. There would need to be some mechanism in place round up perceived law breakers. In this pipe dream the actual police as a body aren't the real issue but the latitude in which the criminal justice system gives them.

yep

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: October 15, 2019, 08:34:35 PM »
Ironically, it is the judges who have crafted and refined concepts such as qualified immunity that effectively insulate most cops from liability for their actions. Congress could act to supercede the courts, however, so there's still hope. But, will they? Unlikely. That's a discrete and sizable voting bloc

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: October 15, 2019, 09:42:37 PM »
Mir, kick this dudes ass that is trying to make it look like we don't know wtf we're talking about....

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: October 31, 2019, 10:34:53 AM »
At least they got the shoplifter
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: October 31, 2019, 11:03:06 AM »
That shoplifter probably got away with tens of dollars worth of stuff so destroying a $580k house seems like a totally appropriate and measured response.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: December 06, 2019, 09:04:45 AM »
Did the cops not realize the UPS driver was in the truck?

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: December 06, 2019, 10:40:23 AM »
Even if they didn't, they're using random people's cars as cover, while the cars are still occupied. The only people they're protecting in that scenario is themselves.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: December 06, 2019, 04:54:56 PM »
https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1202961963137093632

This tweet, although a reply to what SD posted, has little else to do with the topic at hand. I just love the display name and the subject matter of the tweet

https://twitter.com/FlyThaiMMA/status/1202964903943950338

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #1670 on: December 22, 2019, 02:20:48 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: December 22, 2019, 08:37:28 PM »
I thought this was bumped because of the cops killing a disabled man with a choke hold because he couldn't get out of his car fast enough. Now I gotta go find that link.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: December 22, 2019, 08:58:32 PM »
Ugh
:adios:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile