Author Topic: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops  (Read 181274 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #1225 on: September 23, 2016, 03:22:50 PM »
Riots are extremely underrated as tools for social change.

:thumbs:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: September 23, 2016, 03:37:37 PM »

Guy on the radio yesterday was listing good policy/societal changes that occurred after riots. It was pretty surprising how effective it is to bring attention and put pressure on people.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: September 23, 2016, 03:42:38 PM »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: September 23, 2016, 04:17:36 PM »
so ends justify the means re. rioting?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: September 23, 2016, 05:51:26 PM »
so ends justify the means re. rioting?

Always
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: September 23, 2016, 05:57:26 PM »
Not that it matters, but it was a black cop who shot him and these rioters are out there targeting white ppl and jumping them. Racism goes both ways. #DoYourResearch

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: September 23, 2016, 06:04:41 PM »

you seriously liked this video? good god, fanning.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: September 23, 2016, 06:26:37 PM »
i don't think content matters for ol' facebookcat08
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: September 23, 2016, 06:31:26 PM »
Since I have a lot of black friends (yeah, I said it) and a bunch of liberal media friends, my timeline is filled with #blm, Bernie sanders stuff, etc. That was just my passive aggressive way of saying it wasn't totally a "peaceful protest". I still support a movement tho. But that poor reporter and random white guy are victims.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: September 23, 2016, 06:34:21 PM »
Of..... Wait for it...... "Racism acts!"

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: September 23, 2016, 08:34:42 PM »
Wacks, why aren't you posting those in the FB threads?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: September 23, 2016, 09:00:39 PM »
Idk, pretty great find tho.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: September 23, 2016, 09:43:18 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/tulsa-cops-fatally-shoot-black-man-roadside-investigation-article-1.2796241

Arrested on 1st degree manslaughter.  Indictment said she let herself get too emotional and escalated it.  Part of this came from her taped interview.  Her original defense was she just had training on identifying people under the influence of PCP and he exhibited the signs.  One theory floating around town was part of that training was also "If you suspect it, don't just pull your gun out and start shouting demands.  If they aren't an immediate threat, wait for backup to help subdue them.  People on PCP are often irrational and are hard to subdue.  Don't be a hero."  This is where the emotional part of it comes in.  She didn't follow her training.

I know this isn't appropriate for this thread, but people always call Tulsa a racist shithole. The police department has a strong track record of engagement and trust building.  The city department is broken into 3 areas, with 1 area being North Tulsa which is a higher density of black citizens.  There is a very strong effort to get officers in this section involved and attending meetings at churches and community centers and being active with the NAACP.  There is a strong emphasis on knowing the citizens in your patrol.  When people wanted to demonstrate after the shooting, the police didn't show up in riot gear, they showed up and participated.  After the shooting happened, the police chief immediately made her interview available to the DA and provided a full, honest assessment of her conduct during the shooting.  I've lived here long enough I'm starting to associate Tulsa as home and take some civic pride.  When I moved here, this was the last place where I thought the police department itself would try to change its own culture from within.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:49:48 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: September 23, 2016, 10:07:15 PM »

Guy on the radio yesterday was listing good policy/societal changes that occurred after riots. It was pretty surprising how effective it is to bring attention and put pressure on people.

They're doing a bang up job on lowering police violence so far.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: September 24, 2016, 12:37:53 AM »
Hatchet wielding man threatens police. Not shot to death.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: September 24, 2016, 12:48:16 AM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/tulsa-cops-fatally-shoot-black-man-roadside-investigation-article-1.2796241

Arrested on 1st degree manslaughter.  Indictment said she let herself get too emotional and escalated it.  Part of this came from her taped interview.  Her original defense was she just had training on identifying people under the influence of PCP and he exhibited the signs.  One theory floating around town was part of that training was also "If you suspect it, don't just pull your gun out and start shouting demands.  If they aren't an immediate threat, wait for backup to help subdue them.  People on PCP are often irrational and are hard to subdue.  Don't be a hero."  This is where the emotional part of it comes in.  She didn't follow her training.

I know this isn't appropriate for this thread, but people always call Tulsa a racist shithole. The police department has a strong track record of engagement and trust building.  The city department is broken into 3 areas, with 1 area being North Tulsa which is a higher density of black citizens.  There is a very strong effort to get officers in this section involved and attending meetings at churches and community centers and being active with the NAACP.  There is a strong emphasis on knowing the citizens in your patrol.  When people wanted to demonstrate after the shooting, the police didn't show up in riot gear, they showed up and participated.  After the shooting happened, the police chief immediately made her interview available to the DA and provided a full, honest assessment of her conduct during the shooting.  I've lived here long enough I'm starting to associate Tulsa as home and take some civic pride.  When I moved here, this was the last place where I thought the police department itself would try to change its own culture from within.

I am not accepting that he had PCP in the car simply because the TPD lied about the window being down. They said he reached into the window to get something but the window had blood splatter on it.

r.e., Tulsa being a racist shithole and the police training. There were a lot of mumped up things about this shooting that makes the TPD look awful ava like they fall into the same trappings about black people that everyone else does. First of all I'm confused as to why either a disabled vehicle or a citizen high on drugs required three vehicles and a helicopter. Speaking of the helicopter, if the TPD has been receiving training on minority and community relations, those helicopter cops should take it again; one calling Crutcher a "thing" and the other "a big bad dude on something." You absolutely cannot police equally if there is a segment of the population you view as subhuman.

I know there are great people in Tulsa but the police department clearly needs help. One final Tulsa story. I worked at Wildcat Creek when they first opened the golf course. There was a guy who came in the very first day we were open to the public and somehow we got on the topic of me being born in Oklahoma City, the guy says to me in a thick drawl "Oklahoma City, dem yankees down there, Tulsa is the real South." Our conversation ended.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: September 24, 2016, 09:58:28 AM »
1. I don't think the helicopter was in the air just for him.  However, it was there to help find him if he ran. 
2. On the 3 cars thing.  She thought he was on PCP.  He wasn't responding to her verbal commands.  What I've heard from someone connected to the PD is she was trained to observe until she got backup to help subdue him. That's why you need 3 cars.  5 people physically subduing him is safer for him than 2 with guns pulled.  An overmatched person with a gun is more likely to get scared and shoot, like she did.  The exact words told to me was "Once you believe someone is on PCP, you're trained to subdue them and get them to a safe environment.  They won't respond to what you're telling them to do, so you can't expect them to.  You don't just pull out your gun and treat them like a regular, hostile suspect.  If they aren't an immediate threat on their own, you wait for backup and get them detained safely".
3.  I wouldn't be surprised if the one helicopter cop is back on Sunday morning church traffic and parking tickets.  Her husband has to go.
4.  They said she reported his window was down.  They have to come out right away with the officer's tale of events.  If they don't come out with her story, then it looks like they're covering up.  Once they got all the facts they could, they turned them over to the DA.  The department stopped trying to protect her almost immediately.  The DA didn't come up with "she let her emotions escalate it" on their own.  That came from PD management.  The victim's family thanked the chief for being transparent and honest with their assessment with the DA.  It sounds like the charges came with an endorsement of the department.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that happens within a week in most places in the south/southish.

I'm not saying their aren't racist in the PD.  I'm saying everyone is calling for police cultural change, and they are trying.  You aren't going to purge the old culture and racists quickly.  The ingrained racists aren't changing.  It takes time for them to die off.  I do give this police administration credit for trying to start that change at the top and working on turning the department with the new/younger officers.  You say the department needs help.  I agree, but I think they are actively trying to get it and help themselves. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 10:04:55 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #1242 on: September 24, 2016, 04:04:26 PM »
Black guy with a gun, black cop, black police chief, black mayor, white governor (the devil), black US Attorney General, black President. 

#bitfd

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: September 24, 2016, 04:07:44 PM »
Girl looks like a straight racist murderer

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: September 24, 2016, 06:38:19 PM »
That charlotte guy was irl murdered, wow

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 24, 2016, 09:15:33 PM »
There should be a Ron Jaworski of cops that breaks down the film on these things.  And maybe a Mike Pereira type to simultaneously point out all the violations.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 24, 2016, 11:31:33 PM »
How do they get DNA back so fast, I see it normally taking months

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent