Author Topic: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops  (Read 181124 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #825 on: July 06, 2016, 04:07:09 PM »
The cops went to that gas station knowing well in advance he had a gun. If you can watch the cell phone video and tell me with a straight face that the suspect (pinned down by two cops) deserved deadly force from point blank range instead of, say, a taser, well then I'm going to label you a horrible racist.
If you read it, they hit him with a taser to begin with, and he kept trying to fight them off afterwards.

Ahh, I didn't see that. If that's true then I stand corrected, but still, c'mon. Four shots while they've both got him pinned to the pavement? Come on. Like, aren't you trained how to disarm perps way back when you first go to police academy?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 06, 2016, 04:17:16 PM »
The cops went to that gas station knowing well in advance he had a gun. If you can watch the cell phone video and tell me with a straight face that the suspect (pinned down by two cops) deserved deadly force from point blank range instead of, say, a taser, well then I'm going to label you a horrible racist.
If you read it, they hit him with a taser to begin with, and he kept trying to fight them off afterwards.

Ahh, I didn't see that. If that's true then I stand corrected, but still, c'mon. Four shots while they've both got him pinned to the pavement? Come on. Like, aren't you trained how to disarm perps way back when you first go to police academy?
You disarm them by shooting them.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 06, 2016, 04:19:19 PM »

Oh, I totally agree. I believe the first shot you hear is the taser going off and then the struggle on the ground. I'd probably be pretty rough ridin' squirmy too, after just getting tased.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 06, 2016, 04:24:46 PM »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 06, 2016, 04:38:25 PM »
Don't you live in that area, SB? I'm surprised it's not all you've heard about in the last 24 hours.

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 06, 2016, 05:14:26 PM »
I wouldn't want that job in a million years. Why were they called there? So many questions? The owner of the shop seemed to like him a lot.

Initial reports said police received a call about a man in a red shirt waving a gun at the store, and that he was initially tazed, IIRC

http://www.chron.com/news/local/article/Graphic-second-video-of-Alton-Sterling-shooting-8344113.php

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 06, 2016, 11:38:03 PM »
Minnesota, dude gets killed in his car and it's on Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 07, 2016, 12:14:22 AM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 07, 2016, 12:18:27 AM »
Holy crap, that's crazy. A d00d from the MHS class of 200 lives on that street. :surprised:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 07, 2016, 07:20:23 AM »
Lord

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 07, 2016, 07:40:01 AM »
Holy crap, that's crazy. A d00d from the MHS class of 200 lives on that street. :surprised:

Dude must be old as crap
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 07, 2016, 08:43:46 AM »
JFC

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 07, 2016, 09:07:42 AM »
That was horrible. I made it about 45 seconds into that video. I'm certain that the concealed carry crowd will certainly jump to the defense of this man, and probably the NRA will pay for his funeral, too.

P.S. Lib7 :lol:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 07, 2016, 09:11:26 AM »
Will not watch

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 07, 2016, 09:15:08 AM »
Honestly you probably should tho. Kinda like...everyone should. HEY COPS STOP KILLING BLACK PEOPLE FOR REAL THOUGH.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: July 07, 2016, 09:20:59 AM »
little kid at the end going like "it's okay mommy" once she finally loses her crap is very :frown:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 07, 2016, 09:21:13 AM »
Honestly you probably should tho. Kinda like...everyone should. HEY COPS STOP KILLING BLACK PEOPLE FOR REAL THOUGH.
Yep. The uncensored videos should go on the six o'clock news.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 07, 2016, 09:21:51 AM »
HEY COPS STOP KILLING BLACK PEOPLE FOR REAL THOUGH.

that should be a cop rule. like...

1)wear a clean uniform
2)don't kill black people
3)show up on time

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 07, 2016, 09:28:20 AM »
Funny coming from you, RD!  :curse:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #844 on: July 07, 2016, 09:35:10 AM »
holy crap this woman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSOXA9Zc9lw&feature=youtu.be

I really don't know what to think of this video. First of all, the woman is oddly calm for having her bf shot and dying right in front of her. Maybe in shock? But with enough wits to start live streaming the thing on Facebook?

Second, the video only really shows that the guy got shot while in the car (which is bad enough). It's mainly just a narration of the event, which is incredibly mumped up if true, but I'd still wait to see if there is a second story of events before taking it as entirely true.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 07, 2016, 09:36:34 AM »

holy crap this woman

I really don't know what to think of this video. First of all, the woman is oddly calm for having her bf shot and dying right in front of her. Maybe in shock? But with enough wits to start live streaming the thing on Facebook?

Second, the video only really shows that the guy got shot while in the car (which is bad enough). It's mainly just a narration of the event, which is incredibly mumped up if true, but I'd still wait to see if there is a second story of event before taking it as entirely true.

Here's what you can think about it: it's horrifying and cops shoot too many people

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 07, 2016, 10:01:42 AM »
holy crap this woman

Second, the video only really shows that the guy got shot while in the car (which is bad enough). It's mainly just a narration of the event, which is incredibly mumped up if true, but I'd still wait to see if there is a second story of events before taking it as entirely true.

She's oddly calm because she doesn't also want to be randomly murdered by a policeman

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 07, 2016, 10:29:40 AM »
Shock too.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 07, 2016, 11:48:00 AM »

Here's what you can think about it: it's horrifying and cops shoot too many people

I mean, I kinda thought that before the video anyways.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 07, 2016, 02:56:00 PM »
Where is the instinct in these guys?   I know you have to be prepared for anything and part of that preparation I want to believe is not shoot first and ask questions later.    MOST people are by and large law abiding citizens, and law abiding citizens often  get nervous when being stopped by the police because they're simply not used to being in those situations and are nervous because they're not the kind of people who even want to look like they're intentionally doing something wrong.   

Not one damn thing about these last two incidents were even remotely close to a situation that should have resulted in anyone being harmed.   It's just cops that were IMO looking for trouble.