Author Topic: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops  (Read 181735 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #750 on: November 25, 2015, 11:33:25 AM »

Good God. How is that Chicago cop not in jail already?

The one the video was just released on? He's charged with first degree murder at least
yes, that one. Just surprised it took over a year to file charges, which evidently was what finally triggered the release of the video.

Gonna win 'em all!
It's better for them to not rush the cause and get it right.  Rather it be a year and a conviction than a week and a sloppy case.

Chicago would have exploded if that video was released before the murder charges were filed.  They made the right call deciding to wait to release it.
:adios:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 25, 2015, 11:35:33 AM »
when i see a video like that, i wonder how often crap like that happens that we never hear about.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 25, 2015, 11:41:59 AM »

The one the video was just released on? He's charged with first degree murder at least
yes, that one. Just surprised it took over a year to file charges, which evidently was what finally triggered the release of the video.

Gonna win 'em all!
It's better for them to not rush the cause and get it right.  Rather it be a year and a conviction than a week and a sloppy case.

Chicago would have exploded if that video was released before the murder charges were filed.  They made the right call deciding to wait to release it.
That is a great point. I just don't understand how it takes over a year to charge that POS.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 25, 2015, 11:43:05 AM »

when i see a video like that, i wonder how often crap like that happens that we never hear about.
I have heard that thought a dozen times today. "Hmmmmm, is there any way in hell that we can justify the shooting and destroy the evidence?"

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 25, 2015, 11:43:43 AM »
I dunno, maybe some of the lawyers can co, but I think cops have really really good unions that make it hard to charge them with crimes.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 25, 2015, 11:45:59 AM »
Then screw those stupid unions. YOU HEARD ME RICK DARIS!! SCREW YOUR UNION!!!!!!!

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 25, 2015, 12:02:39 PM »
the Missouri ozarks cop that blew the whistle on the cop who drowned that Iowa kid was demoted and facing an internal complaint a while ago. well the complaint has been dropped and the cop retired instead.

“And he has retired wanting nothing else to do with this organization.”

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article41961588.html

"I want nothing to do with a bunch of people that are going to hold me accountable for negligent homicide! Get the eff off my lawn!"

no, the guy that wants nothing to do with them is the one that spoke up about how the cops helped drown the dude.  the guy that helped drown him is still happy to associate with organization that is protecting him from being prosecuted for killing people.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 25, 2015, 02:45:15 PM »

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 25, 2015, 02:51:02 PM »

Gonna win 'em all!

That's complete bullshit.    Get it right?   :lol:  The police and the city fought to keep this video from being released and tried to tie it up in red tape in hopes that it would be forgotten about.  The city also settled with the family for $5 million even before the family filed suit.  They knew damn well what was on that video, and when the mayor said this week he hasn't seen the video he's either lying or has complete apathy for what happened.  sloppy case my ass smh they should have convicted this cop a year ago.  I also loved how the DA said she made her decision weeks ago to prosecute the cop.  Bullshit, complete cover up and she only prosecuted because a judge ordered the tape released.  And as for not rushing, the fact that it took 400 days to release the video is one of the reason's people are so pissed off. 

The video made me sick, I wish I could take back watching it.

I believe there are more good cops then bad cops but it's frightening to think about how many times crap like this has happened when the cops got away with it. 

@lopakman

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 25, 2015, 04:45:32 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 25, 2015, 04:52:28 PM »
Why were the cops pulled over anyways? What was going on? Was that kid even involved?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #764 on: December 07, 2015, 01:00:28 PM »

They knew damn well what was on that video, and when the mayor said this week he hasn't seen the video he's either lying or has complete apathy for what happened.  sloppy case my ass smh they should have convicted this cop a year ago.  I also loved how the DA said she made her decision weeks ago to prosecute the cop.  Bullshit, complete cover up and she only prosecuted because a judge ordered the tape released.  And as for not rushing, the fact that it took 400 days to release the video is one of the reason's people are so pissed off. 

Well, the mayor is Obama's former chief of staff, so of course he's a liar and apathetic towards what happened.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 09, 2015, 07:05:34 AM »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/566769bae4b080eddf560fec?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067
Good god. Before we start fully vetting Syrians, maybe we should start with police officers.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 09, 2015, 12:01:34 PM »
Jesus, that sounds like a really bad cop movie.  I mean, the main act was  :surprised: enough, but hitting the pedestrian en route, then trying to frame them for that and planting guns and stuff....I mean, holy crap. 

One step needed to rectify this is to raise the penalties for such actions.  I mean, if a cop is ever caught planting evidence, that should be a really rough ridin' long sentence.  Same with absurdly false charges.   

Some of the police have grown up watching too many cop shows.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 14, 2015, 02:42:18 PM »
Worthless human
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 15, 2015, 01:30:09 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 15, 2015, 02:22:43 PM »
can we prove a case of intentional discharge of that weapon beyond a reasonable doubt? We could not," District Attorney Mike Ramsey said.

If you can't prove it when you have a video of a cop pulling a gun, pointing it, it discharging, then the cop reholstering the weapon, then when can you prove it?  I mean, if cops just refrain from saying "I am going to shoot you now" before shooting ppl, they should have the same equal chance of just saying it was an accident.

This is ridiculous.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 15, 2015, 03:02:02 PM »
that's a very restrictive attitude, cns.  maybe they should be allowed to state their intent to shoot, providing they wink at the camera?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 15, 2015, 03:12:24 PM »
'who knows what that wink meant?  We can't even be sure it was a wink and not a wince.  It is possible he winced when he accidentally shot the victim, therefore we can't press charges."

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 18, 2015, 02:09:22 PM »
Re: that MO drowning case, Cop looking at involuntary manslaughter now
http://www.ky3.com/news/local/missouri-trooper-charged-in-handcuffed-iowa-mans-drowning/21048998_37032246