Author Topic: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops  (Read 181233 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #275 on: August 04, 2015, 03:09:09 PM »
Fair enough, I do even remember reading that. I was wrong to lump you in, although I disagree with you on the interrupting part being an escalation.

less interrupting and more patience are examples of something the cop could have done differently. Not necessarily "escalations". Although human interaction is complicated and tone, body language, etc. can be considered "escalations" when added all up. It's stupid to split semantic hairs here.

But as you note these are important techniques for cops to have to keep situations under control.  I mean this isn't applicable to random stops in the hood, but are also useful when dealing with people with mental health issues, particularly body language/tone.  How do you strike the balance between maintaining control over situations where the cop "dictates" the pace of the conversation and prevents the suspect from monopolizing the conversation wasting time with excuses/distractions/obstruction. <--tough convo to have
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 04, 2015, 03:17:15 PM »
ed is a cop with at least 5 scalps on his belt
mature post is mature

classic escalating warrior cop post

One of us was interested in a real discussion about how hard this situation is to sort through, the other is you.

have you even bothered to watch that one vice episode i was talking about yet?
re link it I don't see it going back a few pages
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 04, 2015, 03:17:59 PM »
mature post is mature

One of us was interested in a real discussion about how hard this situation is to sort through, the other is you.

i dont know how to link hbogo

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 04, 2015, 03:19:29 PM »
It's fun how people with completely stupid positions are always the ones "just trying to have an honest conversation"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 04, 2015, 03:22:22 PM »
It's fun how people with completely stupid positions are always the ones "just trying to have an honest conversation"
it's fun how some people act like little bitches on forums

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 04, 2015, 03:24:22 PM »
mature post is mature

http://www.hbo.com/vice/episodes/index.html
click the ep and copy the link, I'll watch it when I have time. 

Also can you quit with the bitch posts calling people out in other threads hoping they wont see?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 04, 2015, 03:25:57 PM »
mature post is mature

http://www.hbo.com/vice/episodes/index.html
click the ep and copy the link, I'll watch it when I have time. 

Also can you quit with the bitch posts calling people out in other threads hoping they wont see?

me, personally? i cant think of an example. why wouldnt i want you to see it? all things are interconnected here.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 04, 2015, 03:28:30 PM »
i reviewed my posting history, which i fully stand behind, and can find no examples of this alleged behaviour.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 04, 2015, 03:30:51 PM »
Fair enough, I do even remember reading that. I was wrong to lump you in, although I disagree with you on the interrupting part being an escalation.

less interrupting and more patience are examples of something the cop could have done differently. Not necessarily "escalations". Although human interaction is complicated and tone, body language, etc. can be considered "escalations" when added all up. It's stupid to split semantic hairs here.

But as you note these are important techniques for cops to have to keep situations under control.  I mean this isn't applicable to random stops in the hood, but are also useful when dealing with people with mental health issues, particularly body language/tone.  How do you strike the balance between maintaining control over situations where the cop "dictates" the pace of the conversation and prevents the suspect from monopolizing the conversation wasting time with excuses/distractions/obstruction. <--tough convo to have

How about don't be a dick when there is no situation to keep under control? Don't try to forcibly remove someone from their car for suspicion of driving without a license? To start.

And "waste time"? Did the cop have a dinner date or something?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 04, 2015, 03:32:10 PM »
i reviewed my posting history, which i fully stand behind, and can find no examples of this alleged behaviour.

i've worked up a pretty good counter-zapp when youre ready for it tho.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 04, 2015, 03:38:33 PM »

rough ridin' really? Even Fake has stopped with that crap.
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=26046.msg1405292#msg1405292

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 04, 2015, 03:43:19 PM »

rough ridin' really? Even Fake has stopped with that crap.
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=26046.msg1405292#msg1405292

oh lol

we are all bros having fun and debating and escalating and letting each other have it and you are a fantastic poet

this is consistent with my established posting profile and i dont think i can agree to quit it with it

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 04, 2015, 03:46:16 PM »
Just admit it was a bitch post and you thought you'd get away with it but you got caught and now you don't have a leg to stand on
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 04, 2015, 03:49:52 PM »
i did it again, pretty funny go check it out

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 04, 2015, 03:58:40 PM »

I went searching your post history and found a spot where I was called out in a thread I wasn't visiting! :excited:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 04, 2015, 03:59:14 PM »

I went searching your post history and found a spot where I was called out in a thread I wasn't visiting! :excited:

i think you used the wrong emoticon to express how pissed you are at my bitch move

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 04, 2015, 03:59:24 PM »
what is going on here

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 04, 2015, 04:05:33 PM »
what is going on here

A few posters were foolish with constructing their strawman and it fell apart on them.  Now they are running amok being uber cool.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 04, 2015, 04:06:48 PM »
ok cool have fun with that or whatever

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 04, 2015, 04:12:44 PM »
ok cool have fun with that or whatever

yeah its been a couple pages of stupidity, kinda sad since some brought up some legit points. oh well.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 05, 2015, 08:23:35 AM »
what is going on here

A few posters were foolish with constructing their strawman and it fell apart on them.  Now they are running amok being uber cool.

A straw man is when somebody makes up a position you don't have and then attacks that position. Everyone is just attacking the stuff you type, fwiw.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 05, 2015, 08:29:59 AM »

How about don't be a dick when there is no situation to keep under control? Don't try to forcibly remove someone from their car for suspicion of driving without a license? To start.

And "waste time"? Did the cop have a dinner date or something?

Yeah. I mean, when the guy tells you he doesn't have his license, that's not being uncooperative. He just doesn't have his license. You don't have to go all Sheriff Teasle on the guy because he forgot to grab his license on the way out the door.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 05, 2015, 09:06:34 AM »
http://boingboing.net/2015/08/05/sheriffs-deputy-resigns-afte.html

According to the Wooster Daily Record, Peterman was hired by Holmes County Sheriff's Department shortly after he quit. Holmes County Sheriff Timothy Zemerly says he does not "foresee any issues with him."

"What was Wayne County's loss is Holmes County's gain," Zimmerly told the Record, confirming that Peterman had been sworn in as a deputy.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 05, 2015, 10:24:55 AM »
If only she had a gun, she could dome him because she was being dragged.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 05, 2015, 10:55:35 AM »
http://boingboing.net/2015/08/05/sheriffs-deputy-resigns-afte.html

According to the Wooster Daily Record, Peterman was hired by Holmes County Sheriff's Department shortly after he quit. Holmes County Sheriff Timothy Zemerly says he does not "foresee any issues with him."

"What was Wayne County's loss is Holmes County's gain," Zimmerly told the Record, confirming that Peterman had been sworn in as a deputy.

she was a mental health patient, which as Ed alluded to is the type of situation when cops need to let them know who's boss.