Author Topic: 18 trillion  (Read 9415 times)

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: 18 trillion
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2014, 11:13:57 PM »
Also lol at blaming legacy costs on W while completely ignoring social security, medicare and the social welfare state.

LOL!! at you thinking you always know what you're talking about.

Those W legacy costs took from the safety net trust funds. Maybe it's time they got paid back.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2014, 11:21:24 PM »
I mean it sounds cool and all to cut government spending, but that is going to cause a recession, it just will, its simple economics. So are you okay with going through a depression/recession to "right the ship" you seem to believe is so important? I mean look at Britain with all their cuts, they are still struggling.

I think a balance and surplus is not a bad thing to shoot for.

As long as growth in the private sector makes an attempt to keep revenue (good paying jobs) here in the U.S. Then any pain from cuts in govt spending can be subsided. 

We don't want to get to a point where the costs to service our debt outweighs the spending we need.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2014, 06:02:46 AM »
prog-libs love a good gov't shutdown because they and the administration view it as an opportunity for some good old fashioned gov't strong arming and misery creation.    :thumbsup:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2014, 08:38:44 AM »
Also lol at blaming legacy costs on W while completely ignoring social security, medicare and the social welfare state.

LOL!! at you thinking you always know what you're talking about.

Those W legacy costs took from the safety net trust funds. Maybe it's time they got paid back.

Chuck, I'm sensing a strong partisan bent from you. Are you denying that spending has far outpaced gdp growth, tax revenues or any other reasonable measure to peg spending against?  Do you really believe the only legacy cost causing the problem is the prescription benefit?

Please further enlighten me on how "control of one's currency" makes piling up debt okay. Are you suggesting we can just hyperinflate our way out of debt? Because that's pretty stupid and would disproportionately mumps the poor (result of all liberal policy).

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2014, 04:09:06 PM »
republicans love shutting down the government

the government never shuts down, even when they say its shut down.

tell that to my eastbay catalog that doesn't get delivered