Author Topic: Fantasy roadtrip thread  (Read 5344 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy roadtrip thread
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 09:01:23 PM »
I love the fact that LSOC started a thread about a "Fantasy roadtrip" an hour before he started the thread about how to stop a baby from crying.  Things must be golden in the LSOC homestead right about now.   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

I love the fact that LSOC started a thread about a "Fantasy roadtrip" then he posts a trip that he's actually taken.  Should've titled this thread, "A cool trip I took once". 

Got me. 

So, I will amend

Vehicle:  Escalade, loaded but in an odd color, like goEMAW purple.  Or Silver cuz its G
Group:  Pete (if he can get away) SD, RD and Trim.  Slimz if he doesn't mind sitting in the luxuriouse third row seating
Bring along:  good scotch, cigars, tents, a duct taped cooler full of bundles of coke on top of bundles of $100 bills
Route:  start at the Keys, during spring training.  hit the games all over florida, head up the eastern board, over to Atlanta, dip through deep south to keep real.  head back north again through Tenn, then turn west on 70 and fly by seat.  Would hit Aspen in offseason, then down to great sand dunes, over to vegas then zion and bryce, then head north again.  Up to pugent sond then take PCH all the way to tijuana.*

*typed while drunk so save me your geography lessons.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 09:14:51 PM »
I would drive to Rome probably.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2010, 12:18:21 AM »
Vehicle:  Escalade, loaded but in an odd color, like goEMAW purple.  Or Silver cuz its G
Group:  Pete (if he can get away) SD, RD and Trim.  Slimz if he doesn't mind sitting in the luxuriouse third row seating
Bring along:  good scotch, cigars, tents, a duct taped cooler full of bundles of coke on top of bundles of $100 bills
Route:  start at the Keys, during spring training.  hit the games all over florida, head up the eastern board, over to Atlanta, dip through deep south to keep real.  head back north again through Tenn, then turn west on 70 and fly by seat.  Would hit Aspen in offseason, then down to great sand dunes, over to vegas then zion and bryce, then head north again.  Up to pugent sond then take PCH all the way to tijuana.*

*typed while drunk so save me your geography lessons.

:driving:

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2010, 01:14:26 AM »
1. Bike
2. 2 of my Best Friends that can hold their own
3. Knife, Sleeping bag, tent. one change of clothes. Some food.
4. Start in Colorado and end up at Cape Horn. Sell whatever is left of the bike and hitch-hike through South America. Fly from Peru to Home.

:users:

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 04:22:36 AM »
1. Bike
4. Start in Colorado and end up at Cape Horn. Sell whatever is left of the bike and hitch-hike through South America. Fly from Peru to Home.

Don't think you'll be making it to Cape Horn if you're riding your bike through Colombia. Would probably run into Pablo Escobar and either overdose on some great cocaine or be kidnapped, ransomed and murdered. Might want to bring a million dollars cash w/ you, just in case...

stunz

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2010, 06:16:09 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_wild

except like, through beaches  :love:

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2010, 09:11:31 AM »
1. Bike

Don't think you'll be making it to Cape Horn if you're riding your bike through Colombia. Would probably run into Pablo Escobar and either overdose on some great cocaine or be kidnapped, ransomed and murdered. Might want to bring a million dollars cash w/ you, just in case...

If i had a million dollars cash on me, i wouldnt make it past mexico city alive.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2010, 09:57:12 AM »
1. Bike

If i had a million dollars cash on me, i wouldnt make it past mexico city alive.

Plus lugging all that cash around would probably wear you out. I beg you would give up around Quito dead tired from carrying that extra Mil in cash around.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 10:02:44 AM »
Hey idiots, ever heard of a one million dollar bill?

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 01:35:57 PM »
1. Bike

Plus lugging all that cash around would probably wear you out. I beg you would give up around Quito dead tired from carrying that extra Mil in cash around.

good point. didn't even take this into account. pack weight is going to be crucial. and i'm carrying a BIG knife.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 01:57:06 PM »
I've always dreamed of trying to drive from here to the Tierra Del Fuego....though I don't think that there is a route to do this.

This intrigued me...it looks like the biggest obstacle is the Darien Gap...sounds like a fascinating place.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1881817
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:08:06 PM by michigancat »

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 02:09:47 PM »
The Moon.  Eating pie and drinking wine the whole time.  Would also probably be naked.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 02:42:46 PM »
I've always dreamed of trying to drive from here to the Tierra Del Fuego....though I don't think that there is a route to do this.

This intrigued me...it looks like the biggest obstacle is the Darien Gap...sounds like a fascinating place.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1881817

Be sure to bring some bannanas in case you run into some FARC Gorrillas  :ohno:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 03:44:29 PM »
With money as no object, no road trip can hold a candle to island (or continent) hopping in something like this

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2010, 09:03:05 PM »
With money as no object, no road trip can hold a candle to island (or continent) hopping in something like this

Arrrrrgg, that seems like an awfully small boat for a money is no object purchase.  :garr:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2010, 09:12:57 PM »
it is the best compromise between luxury and fishing.
Also would be easier than a giant mega yacht to get in and out of exotic ports of call when stopping to load up on food/booze/native girls

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2010, 11:04:54 PM »
it is the best compromise between luxury and fishing.
Also would be easier than a giant mega yacht to get in and out of exotic ports of call when stopping to load up on food/booze/native girls

Mods, please move to "I should have started a 'Fantasy Yacht Trip'" thread please.   :facepalm:

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2010, 11:13:13 PM »
i would prob. go to morocco and never leave.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2010, 11:37:55 PM »

or something like it.

how can you truly road trip in anything else?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.