Author Topic: Firing dumbass employees/ FR bitches about his job  (Read 12505 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Firing dumbass employees/ FR bitches about his job
« on: April 13, 2010, 12:18:32 PM »
Sounds easier than it is. Amirite?  :dunno:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:57:31 PM by felix rex »
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Firing dumbass employees
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 12:20:34 PM »
It just takes the right kind of person. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 12:20:59 PM »
well, you have to show cause.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 12:25:53 PM »
Sounds easier than it is. Amirite?  :dunno:

YOU RIGHT!

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 12:27:37 PM »
Just leave an empty box at their desk with a "Pack it and GTFO" note.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 12:27:58 PM »
I'm not in Kansas. Trust me. It's a huge, documenting pain in the ass just to fire someone who's borderline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and a little belligerent, yet hasn't like "touched" anyone at work. To make matters worse, the person's legally a minority three-times over and has a litigious history. HR is all over me on this.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 12:32:03 PM »
I'm not in Kansas. Trust me. It's a huge, documenting pain in the ass just to fire someone who's borderline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and a little belligerent, yet hasn't like "touched" anyone at work. To make matters worse, the person's legally a minority three-times over and has a litigious history. HR is all over me on this.

R U A TRYIN TO FIRE O-BAM-UH?  CUZ THAT WUD B AWE-SUM!

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 12:32:28 PM »

Frame him as the one who pissed in the microwave.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 12:32:59 PM »

LOL, don't worry about HR.  If you can't do anything about this dumbass, then they can't do anything to you.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 12:33:44 PM »

Frame him as the one who pissed in the microwave.

lol

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 12:36:02 PM »
The last place I worked had a guy they were trying to fire for 3 years.

They put him on an "improvement plan" the first year with the implied GTFO.  The guy was lazy though, so he kept coming to work and didn't look for any new jobs. 

Same deal on year two.  Which sucked for my team, because we all had to pick up the slack of carrying along the deadbeat.

Year three, he finally found a new job. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 12:36:56 PM »

Yeah, I'm not in KS either.  Seems like all these back country hicks on this board don't understand what us civilized folk have to go through to get someone fired, amirite!?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 12:38:10 PM »

Yeah, I'm not in KS either.  Seems like all these back country hicks on this board don't understand what us civilized folk have to go through to get someone fired, amirite!?

I'M IN KANSAS AND I CAN'T GET SOMEONE FIRED!

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 12:39:51 PM »
I'm in Kansas and have to deal with a union and all the crap that goes with it.  My advice is read the personell policy manual and find some obscure rule that everyone breaks and just hound them on it.  It takes about 3-5 documented occurences here but I've fired 2 people so far in the past 2 years.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 12:40:37 PM »

Another great option is to have "layoffs" but use them to just fire the hell out of a big group of slack asses.  

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 12:42:38 PM »

Yeah, I'm not in KS either.  Seems like all these back country hicks on this board don't understand what us civilized folk have to go through to get someone fired, amirite!?

Another great option is to have "layoffs" but use them to just fire the hell out of a big group of slack asses. 

was just going to suggest this.  My company does it all the time.

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 12:48:49 PM »
Have him "reassigned" to Siberia.  Or Lawrence.
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 12:55:44 PM »

Yeah, I'm not in KS either.  Seems like all these back country hicks on this board don't understand what us civilized folk have to go through to get someone fired, amirite!?

You'd think this would be a great excuse to cut crappy employees, but some companies fail to realize this, and end up cutting as many good emps as bad ones.

Amirite pissclams?

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 12:56:34 PM »
Just leave an empty box at their desk with a "Pack it and GTFO" note.

:cheers:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 01:04:49 PM »
I'm in Kansas and have to deal with a union and all the crap that goes with it.  My advice is read the personell policy manual and find some obscure rule that everyone breaks and just hound them on it.  It takes about 3-5 documented occurences here but I've fired 2 people so far in the past 2 years.

Like BBSing 100% of the time at work?   :dunno:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 01:05:47 PM »

This is a rough ridin' terrific idea. We have about five people company wide we'd love to sack, and we're in a recompete, so this could dovetail nicely).

Unless they're a perv or druggie, firing "for cause" is retardedly hard. I mean, the person sucks at their job. That should rough ridin' be "cause."

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 01:10:27 PM »
Shouldn't have hired them?  :dunno:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 01:21:42 PM »
Shouldn't have hired them?  :dunno:

Completely agree. "Inherited" them. Don't know how the hell they were hired in the first place. I mean, I can take someone being a dick/bitch at work, but be good at your job first. Don't' be a dick/bitch and also incompetent (<--should probably be a motto on an office calender).

Also, I (obviously) don't give a crap about BBSing at work. Just finish your damn job on time and rough ridin' do it right. GTFOOMF with this "eight hours at work" bullshit. We're not digging a ditch here. This is big boy business. Do your rough ridin' job.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2010, 01:36:46 PM »

You'd think this would be a great excuse to cut crappy employees, but some companies fail to realize this, and end up cutting as many good emps as bad ones.

Amirite pissclams?
i think it takes too long to sort through the good and the bad, they figure in job markets like these that they'll easily replace the missing good ones they let go.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2010, 01:39:22 PM »

Amirite pissclams?
i think it takes too long to sort through the good and the bad, they figure in job markets like these that they'll easily replace the missing good ones they let go.

This is true. I'd prolly fire two decent employees right now to also get rid of the belligerent Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) (BR).