Author Topic: KSU cannot win must wins  (Read 8652 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: KSU cannot win the must wins
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2014, 02:43:00 PM »
You have to win a crap load of must win games to even have the type of must win games being discussed. I guess in short every college football game is must win, and it doesn't suck to win enough to have games that are important like this week's.

very true. I want this for Snyder. We've been here so many times before. It's been well documented
-Nebraska '97, '99
-OU 2000 twice
-A&M '98
-Baylor '12

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2014, 04:31:12 PM »
You have to win a crap load of must win games to even have the type of must win games being discussed. I guess in short every college football game is must win, and it doesn't suck to win enough to have games that are important like this week's.

very true. I want this for Snyder. We've been here so many times before. It's been well documented
-Nebraska '97, '99
-OU 2000 twice
-A&M '98
-Baylor '12

Just curious why you scratched off the Nubs and Baylor?
1997- we played Nubs 4th game of year. Only game we lost all year. Coming off multiple years of coming close to beating them.
1999- We were 9-0 and #5 in the nation. Only thing standing between us and a Natty. They throttled us.
2000- Played OU and were #2 in nation. Holy crap #2. Lost to them again later in year.
2002- blew a few
2012- Baylor. We were #1 for gosh darned sakes. Ran into a buzzsaw, but still.
2014- TCU- ill prepared. Linebackers sitting out. Walk on safety bless his heart. We blew it.
elitist since 1994

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KSU cannot win must wins
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2014, 04:37:12 PM »
nicname if you continue to address this rump swab, I will punch you in the head. Don't try to rationalize with sloth from the goonies.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2014, 04:37:37 PM »

-Nebraska '97, '99
-OU 2000 twice
-A&M '98
-Baylor '12

1997- we played Nubs 4th game of year. Only game we lost all year. Coming off multiple years of coming close to beating them.
1999- We were 9-0 and #5 in the nation. Only thing standing between us and a Natty. They throttled us.
2000- Played OU and were #2 in nation. Holy crap #2. Lost to them again later in year.
2002- blew a few
2014- TCU- ill prepared. Linebackers sitting out. Walk on safety bless his heart. We blew it.

Because Nebraska was clearly better than K-State in 1997 and especially 1999. Baylor wasn't a big game, and wasn't looked at like a big game until KSU lost.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2014, 04:37:52 PM »
nicname if you continue to address this rump swab, I will punch you in the head. Don't try to rationalize with sloth from the goonies.

:lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2014, 04:49:39 PM »

-Nebraska '97, '99
-OU 2000 twice
-A&M '98
-Baylor '12

2002- blew a few

Because Nebraska was clearly better than K-State in 1997 and especially 1999. Baylor wasn't a big game, and wasn't looked at like a big game until KSU lost.

:curse: damnit man

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2014, 05:30:22 PM »
Is WV a "must win"?  We need to get these classified prior to the game so we can do some real data tracking here...actually let's go back to 89 and classify them all.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2014, 05:35:14 PM »
Narrative is mostly true. I really want to change this rather large Elephant sitting over there in the corner.

:popcorn:

edited to change title back

I don't think you understand what a must win is. Unless your goal every single year is a national title and anything less disgusts you.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2014, 05:36:33 PM »
But now I'm reading the thread and that's basically what everyone else already said.