Author Topic: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.  (Read 308039 times)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Re: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.
« Reply #2175 on: September 11, 2022, 02:25:10 PM »
This is all just delightful
Yes I’m enjoying it very much.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: September 11, 2022, 02:26:48 PM »
I really hope they hire Bielema.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: September 11, 2022, 02:32:08 PM »
I think Klieman is too smart to take a job like Nubb, and he doesn't seem like an attention whore.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: September 11, 2022, 02:41:40 PM »
I guess you have to understand human behavior to understand who is more embarrassed and who is more incentivized to save $7.5 million or or to earn another $7.5 million for two weeks of embarrassment.

My money is on massive ego Nebraska donor class & athletics leadership who is under immense pressure from a rabid disgruntled Fanbase who is pissed off that he wasn’t fired last year. The things they have done already to creep a ridiculous “sellout streak” going. $7.5 million is a drop in the bucket to what they will lose from fan attendance and prestige. I’m surprised people don’t understand this but maybe I take to much for granted because I am an expert on human behavior.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: September 11, 2022, 02:44:56 PM »
Ugh.  We aren’t going to have to worry about this all year, are we?  Grrrrr

nah. we're fine

Yeah, I'm not (too) overly worried right now. I get from a history standpoint desiring it but I feel if I'm Klieman, I've building what I want, under an AD who's my BFF, at a school that has rather reasonable expectations (I mean 2020 weirdness aside, 8-5, while would disappointing this year, is not getting Klieman fired, not even close), and he's more or less getting what he wants from a player/facility standpoint, I feel like needing to start over in a worse situation isn't that appealing.

But if Ferentz finally goes and Iowa came calling I'd feel more worried.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: September 11, 2022, 02:46:48 PM »
As much as I see Nubb suffering I do feel really bad for him. Imagine how it would feel to go back to your alma mater, where you had been seen as a hero, and then eff up the job this bad.

I feel that too, not like he's a bad person as far as I know, just a sucky situation. It'd be like if Klein came back (not that he's going anywhere) and flamed out, it's a tough situation for all parties.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: September 11, 2022, 03:17:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1569023718814371841?s=20&t=PmRqR7pHTRMDPuIqSzlWIw

Here we go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Aranda :rollseyes: no rough ridin' chance, the nerve. I'm guessing this isn't Nebraska but Thamel completely disrespecting Baylor.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: September 11, 2022, 03:17:46 PM »
I guess you have to understand human behavior to understand who is more embarrassed and who is more incentivized to save $7.5 million or or to earn another $7.5 million for two weeks of embarrassment.

My money is on massive ego Nebraska donor class & athletics leadership who is under immense pressure from a rabid disgruntled Fanbase who is pissed off that he wasn’t fired last year. The things they have done already to creep a ridiculous “sellout streak” going. $7.5 million is a drop in the bucket to what they will lose from fan attendance and prestige. I’m surprised people don’t understand this but maybe I take to much for granted because I am an expert on human behavior.
:ROFL: :ROFL:
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1569055131068669952?s=20&t=g9O9x4C9j5KbYLlZbIzpQQ

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: September 11, 2022, 03:18:00 PM »
What is Frost’s next move? And what was it that allowed him to flourish at UCF but fail miserably and in such an odd way at Nubb?

He’s obviously a good to great offensive mind. It will be interesting to see if he drops down as a HC or takes a big-time OC job.

Hopefully taking a year off to focus on his own mental health.  If he wasn’t a mess before he got there, he sure is now.

The word

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: September 11, 2022, 03:24:18 PM »
I thought buyout was cut in half from $15 million to $7.5 million after 10/1/22. Nebraska’s ego just couldn’t stand it, they had to prove that $7.5 million doesn’t matter when they’re being embarrassed like they were Saturday. They’re Nebraska after all
Yeah, like I posted above, there is a zero percent chance they are paying most of the $7.5m.

lol

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: September 11, 2022, 03:26:10 PM »

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1569055131068669952?s=20&t=g9O9x4C9j5KbYLlZbIzpQQ
Imagine being the coach of any other non-revenue sport and seeing that. Sorry, no raises for you, we spent it on firing the football coach 2 weeks early.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: September 11, 2022, 03:28:47 PM »
I suppose when they put together the budget last year they assumed they’d be firing Frost….and it’s a non-profit, so gotta spend it I guess.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: September 11, 2022, 04:18:00 PM »

Imagine being the coach of any other non-revenue sport and seeing that. Sorry, no raises for you, we spent it on firing the football coach 2 weeks early.

Trev Alberts is just as over his head as Frost was. The line about owing it to the players is a joke. Unless we hear about a player revolt, it's safe to say, like in almost every case, the players don't want their coach fired, especially three games into the season.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: September 11, 2022, 04:18:47 PM »
I would fire Alberts today if he was really dumb enough to piss away $7.5 million to fire a coach in September instead of October.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: September 11, 2022, 04:33:13 PM »
If they did actually spend the extra money it was covered by a donor not the AD.  It really is delightful to watch that dumpster fire burn.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: September 11, 2022, 04:41:10 PM »
As much as I see Nubb suffering I do feel really bad for him. Imagine how it would feel to go back to your alma mater, where you had been seen as a hero, and then eff up the job this bad.

I feel that too, not like he's a bad person as far as I know, just a sucky situation. It'd be like if Klein came back (not that he's going anywhere) and flamed out, it's a tough situation for all parties.

Absolutely. It’s also not out of the question that the problem wasn’t Martinez, and it wasn’t Frost, but Nubb football as a whole.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: September 11, 2022, 04:53:48 PM »
Nub needs to keep their meaty paws away from my Lance.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: September 11, 2022, 05:01:54 PM »
he’s their #1 target

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: September 11, 2022, 05:48:41 PM »
What if Lance says no to NU just like Snyder said no to UT?!?!?

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: September 11, 2022, 05:56:56 PM »
Maybe Nubbs go for Campbell and Flood Aggie goes for LL?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: September 11, 2022, 06:13:22 PM »
Maybe Nubbs go for Campbell and Flood Aggie goes for LL?
Imagine how shitty it would feel to have IOWA STATE poach your head football coach.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: September 11, 2022, 06:19:37 PM »
Lance ain't goin' nowhere. It doesn't get any better than Kansas.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: September 11, 2022, 07:09:50 PM »
I would fire Alberts today if he was really dumb enough to piss away $7.5 million to fire a coach in September instead of October.
He’s lying

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: September 11, 2022, 10:09:43 PM »
He’s lying

He's probably doing a little crafty wordplay. Like he could have called Frost into his office and said look here shitboi, you can get the eff out of here right this second and for your trouble here's 3/4 mil it's not up for negotiation now is it Scotty? Ok great GTFO.

There ya go. No negotiations