Author Topic: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.  (Read 299579 times)

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Re: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.
« Reply #725 on: October 31, 2015, 01:35:18 PM »
This is getting out of hand.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 31, 2015, 01:40:21 PM »
Just ugly again today.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 31, 2015, 01:42:27 PM »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 31, 2015, 01:44:07 PM »
Purdue's only other win this year is Indiana State.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 31, 2015, 01:46:13 PM »
Twitter is being really, really mean to Nebraska right now.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 31, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »

Mike Riley strikes me as the "I don't like social media" type

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 31, 2015, 01:50:48 PM »

Post all of it. Also, this calls for some dlew game threading.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 31, 2015, 01:58:10 PM »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 31, 2015, 02:03:17 PM »
Time for a comeback!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 31, 2015, 02:03:42 PM »
All of CFB twitter is really enjoying this, but no one seems happier than Steve Dave.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 31, 2015, 02:07:18 PM »
GBR!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 31, 2015, 02:28:06 PM »

Post all of it. Also, this calls for some dlew game threading.
they're all just very despondent.  i might get around to it tomorrow.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 31, 2015, 03:29:57 PM »
Huge props to the management of the Big 10. They assimilated a unique property in Nebraska into a sh*tty mid level Big 10 team in less than 5 years while reaping the profits off their name brand 90s success for their network.

Old powers Ohio State and Michigan than use the money to hire big name coaches and insure they have very little issue rolling through that mediocre conference every year so that one of them gets in the playoff (most years) for the foreseeable future.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 31, 2015, 05:12:21 PM »
(Also, @caseystacopizza is a tremendous handle)

The Big Train

« Reply #741 on: October 31, 2015, 05:17:32 PM »
SD you did some great work on Twitter today

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 31, 2015, 10:04:32 PM »
Hey Dlew, it's your old pal SB here again with some good news. I went through the Nebraska/Purdue game thread....so you didn't have to!
http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/77186-official-purdue-game-discussion-thread/

Thread starts with this lil twitvid thingy. Can you feel it? I CAN!!! https://twitter.com/Huskers/status/660305210938630144 So pumped for our Huskers as they head into an 11 am battle with the 1-6 Boilermakers! :tscnubbs:

I truly think we win handily. No pressure, low expectations. Were gonna get to 6-6. Start in the right direction today boys! GBR     

NU in bottom 5 in country giving up big plays. Should do much better today because...Purdue.     

Smallest Husker crowd Davison has ever seen.     
(Davison must be their Stanbot or something? :dunno: )

https://twitter.com/HuskerFBNation/status/660478086908112896     

That's nice, that should show a glimpse of where Husker nation is as a whole to the rest of the country. Could hurt us if we don't get bowl eligible this season on where we go.     

Newby missed a hole there big enough to drive a truck through.     

That was a terribly executed play...........     

Yep, a field goal is pretty good for a drive starting on our own 6. Now let's play some more D!     

(...i got some terrible news...don't know what happened next, but...)

wow     

Lol we suck     

56 yard touchdown run by a slow true freshman Purdue qb. This team is so hard to watch     

Two offsides on special teams. Why are we paying that fu&*#r 500k. We never had offsides problems on special teams     

Our LB's are slow and have no fluidity in their hips.  Watch how long it takes them to break down and change direction.  They can't open their hips.     
Say hips again.

If nebraska was even 5-3 that stadium would be filled with a ton of red.     
And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle and would probably have a weird HUSKR vanity plate

Purdue didn't get a TD until a busted last play of the game when BO was at west Lafayette.     

Our O line can't even push around Purdue.     
:frown:

Purdue: hope you're glad with your only Big Ten win this year.     
Is Indiana State in the Big Ten? Because Purdue beat them too.

Brace ourselves boys. Purdue is about to beat us.     

It's thoughts like this that make me wonder how many people actually paid attention to this program in the years before. Dr. Tom would be face palming right now if he bothered to read people saying the team is "unlucky".

You make your "luck" in the 59 minutes before the end by making smart decisions, executing, and not giving opportunities to the other team for them to come back or for officials to take it out of your hands with bad calls--something that our current staff has yet to figure out.

This was the philosophy behind how Dr. Tom coached...but I guess folks don't care about winning ways anymore...     

Purdue is leading us after one quarter. Is this real life?     

Well you guys, Eichorst was correct: we are definitely not Iowa. Not. Even. Close.     

This is quickly feeling like Iowa State 2009.     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyzCw6y1yYU

Then they just kinda blamed the ESPNU film crew for a while for being bad :confused: and got back to business. Sorry you're on ESPNU at 11 am you guys. :frown:

Every time I hear Sharpe say "Pass is..." when Nebraska is on defense, I wonder how long it'll take before he says "...caught."     
That's because Greg is #1cat

Hahaha they called us blackshirts     

This is flat out embarrassing.     

Mike Riley is such a nice guy, he makes teams like illinois and purdue feel good about themselves.

Noble Peace Prize by chance?     

Looks like we're going to be Purdue's 3rd win over an FBS school in 3 years.     

Wow, 4 defenders and the guy still gets the catch.  Our secondary blows goats.  They make me want to punch babies and kick puppies.     
That is just out of control, sir.  :blindfold:

"Well at least the Huskers came out in red pants today!"
From the looks of our play I'd say it's our time of the month.     

How many penalties can we get on ST today??? Nice job by the coach....just a damn joke with no discipline!     

Fire everyone. Get rid of the football program     

Rats!     

Getting manhandled by Purdue. I've seen it all.     

By 11:42, this had happened. Not sure how far into the actual game it was.
3rd time we're offsides for a PAT     

well on the bright side we should get a really high draft pick next year     

ESPN sucks ass with what is happening...camera and then going to the Auburn game.  Nice job d-bags!     

Uh, random Auburn highlight?

I'm not sure what is worse, this game or this broadcast.     
The game.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE     

JHC--did somebody refuse entry to somebody's pet goat at Memorial Stadium?? We are cursed.     

PAT blocked. This is a damn clownshow.     

You know, since Riley was hired I was a firm believer that the Jekyll & Hyde BS was going to end and that has not been the case this season.     

This was at 11:52, not even an hour after kickoff. No idea on the score, as I didn't watch the game and no one seems to be posting that.
We need to just forfeit the rest of the season at this point. Shut it down, disconnect the batteries, and retool for next year with a new coaching staff. It wouldn't shock me if Riley & Co. just took a knee at this point and resigned. Even they know they're not getting it done.     

JHC--did somebody refuse entry to somebody's pet goat at Memorial Stadium?? We are cursed.     

The curse ends when we invite Solich back for a thank you celebration     

This needs to be put into order ASAP. Guy bled Red for years and will always be a Husker IMO.     

"What the hell did the Huskers do in years past to get bitch-slapped this hard by karma?

I don't even know what else it could be.  Just flat-out bad luck."

Firing 9-win coaches. Karma's a bitch.     

If Karma exists, we're building up enough of it this season for a nice string of national title runs sometime in the 2020 decade.     

I vote we burn this meth lab to the ground and start fresh.     

We are losing to Purdue.  It's hard to make a case for retaining these shitheads at this point.  I hate saying that but, f#*k me...     

https://twitter.com/KendallRogersD1/status/660497490412617728?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

ouch, thisthe worst we've loooked all year, and that's saying a lot     

https://twitter.com/RobinWashut/status/660498367919714304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
You've got to be f***ing kidding me!!!   

Lets take the lead going into the half.

Have the Huskers ever lost to a team with a 1-6 record?     

I used to work with this head ref. Hes a nice guy. Physical therapist.     
Thanks for posting, friend. Have a great day.

As far as I'm concerned they can put that jet sweep in the trash. Seriously, how many positive yards have we actually gotten from that play this season?     

What a comically inept series.     

Struggling. Against Purdue.   

And there's our coach, standing there with his mouth open.     

Should we just forfeit to Michigan State right now to avoid the embarrassment?     

Even Purdue looks faster than us.     

Purdue is still Purdue. Running out of tricks.

Just got to stop giving them treats.     

This is not real life !!!!!     

Loooooooooooooool   

my my my   
(Don't know what spurred those last three but I bet it was funny

Nebraska football's first season was in 1890.

In our entire history we have NEVER had 6 losses before November. It could happen today.     

You know it's good when Purdue declines a penalty that would have given them a safety in order to punch the ball in for a TD.     

This is the worst game I've ever seen us play.     

IIRC, we lose to Iowa or MSU (maybe both) and we have the first losing season at home.     

So glad I have a date with my wife and don't have to endure the rest this sh#t storm.

NU football is dead.     

I take it back.  We played better against ISU in 2009.     

Purdue hasn't beaten a big 10 team in 19 games if I just heard correctly.       

My father in law just compared this to watching cartoons     

MSU will put up 50 by halftime...just when I think I cannot get more embarrassed, these coaches and players make it even worse.

Maybe Riley can just retire so we do not have to buy him out??   
Seems likely

I take it back.  We played better against ISU in 2009.     

Yeah the ISU game was just a big WTF.  Didn't we have like 4 TO's inside the ten yard line?     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyzCw6y1yYU

Wow, our defense just got killed there.  Theres some shorts still on the ground.  We are getting blown out by Purdue man this is probably the worst Nebraska team we've ever seen on the field.     

That was horrible, four guys miss him. Hang up your helmets.     

I wonder what Rileys have time speech will be? Lets all get some hot cocoa burrrrr its cold out there. Shall we roast some marshmellows team?

:confused:

Lets put all freshman and sophomores in. Bye felicia to the seniors     

This is so beyond unacceptable, I can't believe what I am watching.     

Another 3 and out....Purdue about to go up 28-9. Brace yourselves     

Purdue acting like world beaters. The culture has definitely been changed this season by Riley. Juice boxes at half?     
Guys I don't think they're gonna give Riley the time he needs to flush Bo's rage culture out of Nebraska and get his own guys into the system.

There is no question Nebraska has been bit mightily by the injury bug this year...

However, there is ZERO EXCUSE for the way this team has performed as a whole this year. Simply, we are a VERY POORLY coached football team.

Again, Nebraska's first season was in 1890. In our entire history we have never had 6 losses before November.

If Riley loses today, we should let him finish out the season, but then an entire coaching change must be made for the betterment of the entire program.     

I have never been so fearful of losing the home sellout streak until today.     

https://twitter.com/danhoppen/status/660508300182614016

We keep this hullabaloo show up for 3 more years and we will never recover.  You are seeing the beginning of a truly irrelevant NU.  We are getting owned by Purdue.  Purdue.  The worse team in the West.     

OH MY GOD, BENCH EVERYONE     

Jeezus H Cripes on a Popsicle stick     
_33 can you do one of your funny videos incorporating this?

Oh my good lord. This might be the worst Nebraska team I have seen in my 26 years on this planet     

Wowwwwww     

Like I've said for two weeks. We won't till sept 2016. Now I'm not so sure that will be a win.     

Anyone who can defend Riley after this seriously needs his head examined. This is downright awful. Does the guy have any pride or integrity at all? If I performed that poorly at work I'd admit I suck and resign so that they could find someone better for the job.     
Fortunately for Huskerboard poster GOAT, that will never happen because he is the GOAT.

Remember that Purdue is the worst rushing defense in the conference. Nebraska has 48 motherfucking rushing yards at halftime.     

I feel like Nebraska is my child, and I just found out it is hooking, shocked confused angry.     

https://twitter.com/Sean_Callahan/status/660510984998514688
Purdue talking sh#t.

PURDUE.     

We are so screwed next year.  I have officially lost my optimism moving forward.  Wake me when we are looking for a new staff.     

At this point, I'd take the 2007 offense and defense over Riley's. No way we finish 5-7. We're going to get beat by at least 3-4 scores today, curb stomped at home next week, beat on the road vs. Rutgers and curb stomped at home vs. Iowa. This is the reality.     

There are HS coaches that could lead us to a win over flipping PURDUE.     

Eichorst is looking like a real jackass now. "Championships are the standard"     

https://twitter.com/SBNationCFB/status/660512858082377728

guys, if we lose today we'll be last in the Big Ten West. LAST.     

If we lose today...IF....

I guarantee you the boosters will start getting involved. This would be an absolutely historical loss for the program today.

The boosters would have no choice but to get involved, and because of this Eichorst will have no choice but to safe face and fire this coaching staff at the end of year, and start over.     

I think Riley after the last press conference where he looked like he was about to cry is finally noticing he is way in over his head.  He seems like a coach that would resign after a season if he was this bad but who knows.  I hope he does decide he's not the man and step down because it's only going to get worse for this "nice" guy here in Nebraska.  This is simply unacceptable.

I hope we dont miss the chance to get fuente or herman. Seriously     

Don't worry guys, we will make an adjustment at the half so we only lose by a few points. #closelossesbetterthanwins     

Show me one person, just ONE, who picked us to lose to Purdue before the beginning of the season. Most predicted a winning record; many predicted double-digit wins and an appearance in the CCG. This is an embarrassment, a mockery, a disgrace. There's no other way to put it.     

Ugh hate every time they show Herbie Husker next to our icon, reminds me we arent the Corn Huskers we are the cornhuskers.     

And they begin to mount a second half comeback (kinda)

Get a 3xOut, get the ball back, score again.

We're f'ing NEBRASKA.     

So the offense is going to score and the defense is going to give it up just like that.     

Get ready for a new standard of 9 losses per season.     

Glad we don't review that 3rd and 6 QB draw that gave them the first down. He was half a yard short. Instead they shove it down our throats for a TD.     

https://twitter.com/Sean_Callahan/status/660522145043382272/photo/1

This is so f'ing pathetic. Another breakout game by a sh**ty team against us.     

Purdue just threw an 83 yard TD to make the lead 35-16 over 3-5 Nebraska.

Anyone who is okay with the above fact is friggin delusional. This is a sh#t show and has to change.     

NU got a bowl bid today!!!! yep their going into the Toilet Bowl!!!     

https://twitter.com/scottshanle/status/660515271338102784

and also Larry the Cable Guy starts getting in on the action:
https://twitter.com/GitRDoneLarry/status/660520796155068416

PUT TOMMY IN I DONT CARE IF HE HAS A BOOT AND CANT RUN     

Buckle up, boys. Purdue may put up 50+     

Riley looks defeated in the sidelines. Gotta think retirement is something he must be thinking about. I like him, but he isn't cut out for this     

All the people wanting someone else to spend millions of dollars to buy out the coaches are funny. Maybe Nebraska can add an income tax and take it out of your paychecks instead.

Socialists always want someone else to pay for the stuff they want.     

lol

Riley might as well end the sellout streak this season...he's on the bad side of about every other streak.     

Purdue is not even afraid to line up and shove it right down our throats     

This is the same Purdue team that lost to BOWING GREEN and MARSHALL     

I am no longer sure what I feel. It's this... kind of hopelessness.     
Hang in there, you guys might come back and win this one yet.

Dear God if this program was ever involved in homosexuality please forgive us!!     

And the nail is in the coffin. I'm out. This is garbage effort from a garbage team coached by garbage coaches. Eichorst should be run out of Lincoln by sun down tonight. Time for a complete purge of Husker football.   

The accessment was that we had as much talent as any team in the West Division.  I never heard anyone say we were close to National Champ talent level.  West Div, talent folks does not translate to talent.  Were talking about the  worst division in college football, we should have equal or more talent to them.

Its not all coaching people.  Coaching is some of the issue, but the players don't even have enough pride to play for themselves.  Thats just what kind of players that were recruited, same players who finished last year 4-4 and started this season 3-5/6.

No talent.  No depth.  No coaching.  No heart.  No support from the fan base right now.  Something has to be done.  Either bench entire team and play walk ons or at least Nebraska grown products with pride in the team/program.     

Getting blown out by Purdue is telling of our football state after firing winning coaches and hiring the likes of Callahan and Riley.  I don't see how our recruiting will get better after this season's debacle.  This is really depressing.     

Never felt so sick to my stomach about my team playing football     

Face the music.  We need a coach who knows the tradition.  Respects the tradition.  I am afraid that only person who can change this is Frost, but he can't do it alone.  Better bring in Turner Gill, Rathman, Fryar and ETC and rebuild the image first, then the program as a whole.

Barney Cotton at least coached this team to play with pride.  Pride is inner.  This actually bothers me more than the coaching right now.       

I would like to suggest that to put a good face on this season that we have a bowl game in Memorial Stadium against one of the other Nebraska state colleges.  Maybe we could get a win to end the season??????     

The only lack of heart I see is here in this chatroom.  Riley may not be Weeb Ewbank, but he has coached well enough to win a lot of games this year that turned into L's based on some last second fluke plays and bad luck.

When nebraska comes back to win this game today you guys should feel awfully embarrassed.     

Its humiliating to be kicked around by the worst team in the division but then wait- we are the worst team in the division!   You can't live this one down.  I cannot see that we will win another game this year.  I also don't see Purdue doing much better.       

https://twitter.com/_ZLee/status/660530711376498688

This was when Nebraska mounted what ultimately amounted to a too little too late type of comeback.

Purdue may find a way to lose.   

Just setting people up for the ending #FAIL.     

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!

Would be an awesome comeback     

2POINTER GOOD!  COME ON HUSKERS STILL IN REACH     

Damn right! Let's do this!     

https://twitter.com/PaulMyerberg/status/660524368464842753

Nice 4th and 1 bombs away by Purdue.  Now we are in the game again.  See other schools might have worse coaches!!     

Purdue doing their best to screw it up

Haha     

triple tip pick off.

We're cursed.     

Friggin kidding me.....     

There are simply no words     

The bigger question is: When was the last time Nebraska LOST 8 games in a season? Or: When was when was the last time Nebraska lost 9 games in a season? Either one a distinct possibility.     

Go out and party tonight. The world is going to end. Purdue blows out Nebraska and scores 50 points. That is a sign of the apocalypse.

https://twitter.com/DanMurphyESPN/status/660536735349080064     

This is the worst coached team I have ever seen.   Anyone defending this coach needs to go hide in a hole.  We may not have any super stars this year, but for sh#ts sake, this coach is making damn sure there are no stars on this team.   To you people blaming depth, any time you have the threat of firing a coach like we have for the last few years it hurts recruiting, and now when you hire a coach that is short on marbles you get the crap fest we get to watch now.     

I want to see what MR has to say in the press conference. Will he cry?     

Could it be any worse than this ????  Hell YES, they just scored again after their stupid fourth down pass call.  The Huskers are no longer the Huskers.  This crappy play is not worthy of a good high school team.     

-Lost first opener in 29 seasons
-Got blown out by Miami (Lets not pretend that game was as close as the score indicated)
-Lost to interim HC Bill Cubit and Illinois
-Lost to Wisconsin at Home
-Lost to Northwestern at Home
-Losing to 1-6 Purdue on the road

On track to miss a bowl game.  On track to go win-less at home in conference play.  On track to finish dead last in our division.  On track to finish dead last in Pass Defense.  On track to have our worst season since what the 50's.

Defend this shitshow all you want, we all know what the situation is.     

One poster suggested they go after David Shaw immediately and somebody else said this:
You think a guy is going to move from Stanford to Nebraska?  Have you been to Stanford?  It's paradise on earth Alex, the weather is great, it smells like cedar in the air, it's a few miles from one of the world's great cities, near the ocean and the mountains, night life of every kind, world class restaurants, the finest golf courses, etc.  If I'm Shaw, I wouldn't even return the call.     

And we just let them score 50+     

This team is mentally done with the season and with Riley.       

That is going to do it for Mike Riley.  If he's here another year, he has to make a championship game.     
:lol:

56 points to Purdue. Let that sink in. Purdue.     

MIKE RILEY BE A MAN AND WALK AWAY, STOP STEALING FROM NEBRASKA!     

https://twitter.com/SBNationCFB/status/660541478846857217
:lol:

https://twitter.com/RobinWashut/status/660543823936888832

Another career day for their QB     

When the levee breaks, you do something about it. You don't sit around and wait and hope things will get better on their own.

And as far a Nebraska football goes, the levee has broken, on Hurricane Katrina levels.     
:dubious:

This whole farce needs to end.  Something has got to give.  I am so f'ing tired of this Husker Purgatory we are stuck in.  Somebody do something.     

Losers turn left

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 31, 2015, 11:50:32 PM »
(Also, @caseystacopizza is a tremendous handle)

:barf: so iowish

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 01, 2015, 06:11:02 AM »
Best skin Ben post ever

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 01, 2015, 08:30:38 AM »
I knew it was pretty desperate in the thread from the beginning.  But when the one poster called for a new staff that included Turner Gill to turn things around, I came to understand how desperate things are.

The Big Train

« Reply #746 on: November 01, 2015, 09:12:48 AM »
That was a great read SB

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 01, 2015, 09:19:59 AM »
Thanks SB. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 01, 2015, 09:23:13 AM »
All of this is incredibly wonderful, you guys!

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 01, 2015, 09:31:05 AM »
Huge props to the management of the Big 10. They assimilated a unique property in Nebraska into a sh*tty mid level Big 10 team in less than 5 years while reaping the profits off their name brand 90s success for their network.

Old powers Ohio State and Michigan than use the money to hire big name coaches and insure they have very little issue rolling through that mediocre conference every year so that one of them gets in the playoff (most years) for the foreseeable future.
Yeah, it was a really bad decision for them.