Author Topic: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.  (Read 299495 times)

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.
« Reply #300 on: November 22, 2014, 02:22:28 PM »
Ought to bring Minnesota's coach back to Kansas.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 22, 2014, 02:23:39 PM »
Remember that time Nubz blew a 21-7 lead at half, at home, to a team whos coach and mascot display similar physical traits?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 22, 2014, 02:27:30 PM »
I hope this doesn't get Bo fired.

I think it does probably unfortunately

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 22, 2014, 02:30:54 PM »
Too bad on a day his nephew gets injured (and the announcers say what a great guy Bo is to play for because he's the first out to check on an injured player).

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 22, 2014, 02:43:53 PM »
To fire BO...you would think ushering Gordon to the Heisman last week would be enough.

This is the conundrum. We're just good enough for Bo to keep his seat, but will never be good enough under him to matter. We're stuck.

It's like having an ugly girlfriend that makes great money...????

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 22, 2014, 02:54:05 PM »
How was the presser?    I get it was great, explaining a loss to Minnesota at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 22, 2014, 02:54:52 PM »
How was the presser?    I get it was great, explaining a loss to Minnesota at home.

disappointing. he doesn't care anymore. I think he's accepted he's getting fired.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 22, 2014, 02:56:13 PM »

disappointing. he doesn't care anymore. I think he's accepted he's getting fired.
We should get him a cat. I bet he'd like that

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 22, 2014, 04:35:02 PM »
My favorite part was the announcers talking about Nubs ceiling being the occasional confy champ run and concluding 9-3/8-4 "might be the new reality" for them.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 22, 2014, 05:15:38 PM »

My favorite part was the announcers talking about Nubs ceiling being the occasional confy champ run and concluding 9-3/8-4 "might be the new reality" for them.
I did not watch or listen, but this is really great. I mean, wow, how will Huskers nation respond to those announcers? Fire them?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 22, 2014, 05:22:11 PM »

:lol:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #311 on: November 22, 2014, 05:32:11 PM »

I caught this as well and had a good chuckle
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 22, 2014, 10:41:47 PM »
Guys I was at this game. It was so glorious.

Offline turnbull

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 22, 2014, 10:45:00 PM »
Same here it was great not paying a penny for the tickets either. Funny listening to husker fans bitch about the refs screwing them again.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 22, 2014, 10:47:27 PM »
Same here it was great not paying a penny for the tickets either. Funny listening to husker fans bitch about the refs screwing them again.
My in-laws are husker fans so I'm obligated to go to at least one game a year. It's a lot of fun to watch the best fans in cfb tell their own players to eat crap.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 22, 2014, 10:49:20 PM »
I guess Bo will keep his job through the night. I logged on to see if he was unceremoniously let go already or not.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 22, 2014, 10:53:00 PM »
I guess Bo will keep his job through the night. I logged on to see if he was unceremoniously let go already or not.

If they lose to Iowa, he'll be gone.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 22, 2014, 11:18:18 PM »
My in-laws are husker fans so I'm obligated to go to at least one game a year. It's a lot of fun to watch the best fans in cfb tell their own players to eat crap.

Tell us more. Like, a lot more. And also....who's mining their game thread for this one and posting gems?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 22, 2014, 11:54:22 PM »
Please post their anti ref rants. TIA.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 23, 2014, 12:12:40 AM »

It was glorious, wish I had been a fly on the wall in a Nebraska living room when this happened.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 23, 2014, 01:02:38 AM »

It was glorious, wish I had been a fly on the wall in a Nebraska living room when this happened.

They destroyed their televisons (radios for the poors) and then soiled themselves.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 23, 2014, 04:22:59 AM »

They destroyed their televisons (radios for the poors) and then soiled themselves.

3:20:45 on the espn feed they start.

talking head one: People in Nebraska are always looking at things to be upset about with Bo Pelini
talking head two: lots of pressure.  you want there to be pressure.
"for Bo Pelini the struggle is this might be as good as this program can be right now.  they might be a 9-4 program, they've been a 9-4 10-4 program for the past 7 years.  and with the competitive nature and landscape of college football this might be the new reality for Nebraska and its hard for Nebraska fans to accept that. its hard for Bo Pelini to accept that.  But I'm not so sure its not accurate."  (holy crap I had to listen to that 40 times to transcribe it.)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 23, 2014, 06:37:44 AM »
Nice work ednksu

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 23, 2014, 09:25:20 AM »

Tell us more. Like, a lot more. And also....who's mining their game thread for this one and posting gems?
Not much to tell. It was fun to watch everyone file out of the stadium silently, and not make eye contact with anyone. like they were all embarrassed to be seen there. SO many of them base their own self worth off how good the football team is, it's sad to see.

They've all pretty much accepted the fact that they're doomed to 8 or 9 win seasons

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 23, 2014, 09:52:40 AM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/111488/welcome-to-the-new-normal-at-nebraska?ex_cid=espnapi_public

“You know what, you live and learn,” Pelini said. “That call isn’t why we lost the game. Trust me on that.”

Trust in Pelini is waning, a reality unchanged by the result on Saturday.

No, this game didn’t change anything for Nebraska, which is perhaps more disturbing than the alternative.