Author Topic: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.  (Read 128798 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.
« Reply #1250 on: December 09, 2019, 05:10:46 PM »
What a great day for Brook Berringer, in as much as he can still have great days.

He's dead.  So I guess a great day for him is maggot crap and dust.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "Tacky" -Kietz
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 21, 2020, 12:12:35 AM »
Glory days returning?

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/29504754/lawsuits-allege-nebraska-mishandled-reports-sexual-assault-harassment

Cross post. Good/bad to see my point about sexual and racial harassment actually applied in one fell swoop.

When she appealed the finding, she said then-Nebraska Title IX Coordinator Tamiko Strickman told her that race discrimination claims "will never be fully investigated [by IEC] because students on campus have a right to free speech."

I guess I should give up on white people actually caring about white supremacy.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: July 21, 2020, 10:22:41 AM »
That's a weird thing for the title ix director to say. I'm curious what the racial discrimination was then because the article makes it seem like it was specifically and repeatedly directed at the student and I can't think of how that would not be investigated.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: July 21, 2020, 11:05:16 AM »
If there's one thing I've learned over the last month plus is that there are no white people that give a flying eff about white supremacy.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 21, 2020, 11:25:53 AM »
That's a weird thing for the title ix director to say. I'm curious what the racial discrimination was then because the article makes it seem like it was specifically and repeatedly directed at the student and I can't think of how that would not be investigated.

she never would have said that. I'm sure there were some things said about free speech on campus (turningpoint downgrades caused a shitload of issues on campus years ago that are still reverberating) and a lot of that discussion occurred. but the way it's presented never happened.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: July 21, 2020, 11:59:40 AM »

she never would have said that. I'm sure there were some things said about free speech on campus (turningpoint downgrades caused a shitload of issues on campus years ago that are still reverberating) and a lot of that discussion occurred. but the way it's presented never happened.

I think she did, but not in the context in which some are taking it. She was the title IX director, claims of potential racial discrimination are out of her perview. I took her saying that as less "I can't do anything to help you" and more "they won't do crap about that."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: July 21, 2020, 12:04:07 PM »

Because there's no defined protection for this. It's protected by the first amendment, that's what you've been saying for weeks. If this woman was walking to class and every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday this other student was in the hallway and said "hey coon" to her every damn time, that's protected and should be, that's the argument you have made. This is a university official affirming that speech is protected.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: July 21, 2020, 12:11:10 PM »
Good grief mir, that's not what I've said at all. Don't be dax.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 21, 2020, 12:27:36 PM »
Good grief mir, that's not what I've said at all. Don't be dax.

It's not? You didn't have the argument that racist speech should be offered 1st amendment protections?
I'm not daxing at all, don't ever accuse me of that.
SD feel free to move these posts to the other thread, if possible.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: July 21, 2020, 12:33:59 PM »
Harassment is harassment, regardless of if it's "hey coon", "hey fattie", "hey towelhead", or whatever. Applying a racial component does not negate the harassment. I honestly have no idea how you came to think that's my belief.