Author Topic: ESPN Gameday - K-State @ TCU  (Read 14818 times)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: ESPN Gameday - K-State @ TCU
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2014, 01:43:46 AM »
waxes the cat's ass

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2014, 01:56:18 AM »
I just want to see Corso in a Willie head again before he retires.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2014, 03:52:58 AM »
As much as I think Gameday is a trash production now, it would still be fun to have.

I bet they go to tOSU and Sparty tho. But it should be either us or that game in the big 10

Almost not watchable at this juncture.   

Over produced, too many personalities, too many sappy segments etc. etc.

Offline ljmhawk2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2014, 06:45:31 AM »

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2014, 07:25:54 AM »
As much as I think Gameday is a trash production now, it would still be fun to have.

I bet they go to tOSU and Sparty tho. But it should be either us or that game in the big 10

It's not as good as it used to be but they've always had over-the-top sappy segments.  I remember one they did about Matt Leinart having to overcome wearing glasses as a kid.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2014, 07:31:01 AM »
Who cares. Gameday sucks now.  :curse:

This

Once they added Tom Rinaldi D.Scotting it up on national stories I had to stop watching. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 07:38:30 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2014, 07:33:35 AM »

It's not as good as it used to be but they've always had over-the-top sappy segments.  I remember one they did about Matt Leinart having to overcome wearing glasses as a kid.

It's Tom Rinadli.  He narrates each story like its blind 8 year old in a wheel chair that ended the Cold War himself by beating Drago.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2014, 09:55:09 AM »

It's Tom Rinadli.  He narrates each story like its blind 8 year old in a wheel chair that ended the Cold War himself by beating Drago.

What really gets me was the Gameday at the Ole Miss vs. Alabama game.

They spent probably a total of ~30 minutes talking about a person's layout for the tailgate, what they are wearing, decorations for their tailgate, how they cook their food, etc..

Not to mention, that was the weekend with the best slate of games to date this season. You turn it on to watch a preview show, instead you get a mashup of HGTV and Food Channel.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2014, 10:00:33 AM »
I understand the game was in Norman last week, but when they finally covered our game, they just soomed in on a bunch of Sooners and talked about them. They serve to the big names these days and it's not as fun anymore. They've taken 4 trips to Sec country, 1 to Stanford-michigan st., and have been to two Florida State games this year. The SEC contract mumped that show and took all the fun out of gameday.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2014, 10:06:19 AM »
While Bo Pelini is a raving lunatic... he has a point.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/10/bo_pelini_questions_espns_rela.html

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2014, 10:08:16 AM »
the amount of ESPN and SEC butthurt is making us look very small time guys. rein it in.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2014, 10:10:10 AM »
the amount of ESPN and SEC butthurt is making us look very small time guys. rein it in.
I'll own up to it. I've never really cared, but this year i've gotten super butthurty about it. Oh well, no one's perfect.

I mean, this is coming from a guy who has to remind my dad every game that "the announcers don't have it against us, Dad! Just chill out and watch the game". I'm usually level headed about this kind of stuff.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2014, 10:38:28 AM »
The idea that ESPN is biased in favor of the SEC SEC SEC because it owns the network is pretty 'tarded. ESPN, like most media, is biased in favor of big market teams, and most of those are currently in the SEC. Granted, it leads to some pretty 'tarded results, like ESPN "analysts" projecting 2-3 SEC teams making the playoffs, but whatever. It is what it is.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2014, 10:52:31 AM »
waxes the cat's ass

Jake could probably benefit from this, but I would include his back, also.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2014, 10:54:02 AM »
friend at ESPN said there are a lot of pissed off peeps within their org because this game isn't in MHK. said they'll probably go SEC because of it*, but there's still a chance.

*Especially if LSU beats Ole Miss this weekend.

I don't think TCU has enough fans to make it worthwhile for Gameday to go there. The only redeeming quality that Gameday has left are the thousands of fans that hold up all kinds of creative signs. That doesn't sound like something TCU fans would be good at.

Gameday has been to Ft. Worth since they've been to Manhattan. They were there in 2009, week 1 this year, and they will be there for the national championship game. They've been pretty vocal about how much they like doing the show from Sundance Square.

wait, the Gameday crew complimented the town that just hosted them?  Seems strange, link?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2014, 10:59:40 AM »
I still like Gameday, although I have to mute it when Lee Corso talks because I feel so badly for him.  Very hard to watch.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2014, 11:14:53 AM »
Does anyone else feel bad for lee corso?  I mean he's totally lost it and they're still parading him out there to get laughed at every week.  Half the time he says something he thinks is serious and everyone starts laughing so he starts laughing just to save face.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2014, 11:20:09 AM »
Does anyone else feel bad for lee corso?  I mean he's totally lost it and they're still parading him out there to get laughed at every week.  Half the time he says something he thinks is serious and everyone starts laughing so he starts laughing just to save face.

He morphed from someone with a decent set of skills to breakdown a game to a clown they parade around in costumes to laugh at pretty quickly.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2014, 11:23:55 AM »
I'll own up to it. I've never really cared, but this year i've gotten super butthurty about it. Oh well, no one's perfect.

I mean, this is coming from a guy who has to remind my dad every game that "the announcers don't have it against us, Dad! Just chill out and watch the game". I'm usually level headed about this kind of stuff.

I always felt like it was pretty small time-y too, but this year's A&M and LSU teams irk me a bit. Both started out top 15 and are terrible football teams. MSU went from unranked to #1 in 3 weeks because they beat a top 10 LSU team that had no business being there and a good auburn team. GMAFB.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2014, 11:24:40 AM »
I don't think TCU has enough fans to make it worthwhile for Gameday to go there. The only redeeming quality that Gameday has left are the thousands of fans that hold up all kinds of creative signs. That doesn't sound like something TCU fans would be good at.

I bet TCU waxes the cat's ass

You shouldn't bet, pissant.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2014, 11:25:06 AM »

Oh man I'd never thought about it this way.  Kinda makes me feel   :frown:

I'll have to head over to the Royals thread so I can smile again.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2014, 11:26:04 AM »
ESPN loves the crap out of us.

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2014, 11:42:55 AM »

Wasn't he the only one on stage to pick the 'cats over OU last week? Crazy pick I suppose.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2014, 11:45:17 AM »

Wasn't he the only one on stage to pick the 'cats over OU last week? Crazy pick I suppose.
Except he picked K-State over Baylor instead of saying OU. That's _33's point here.

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2014, 11:54:01 AM »
While Bo Pelini is a raving lunatic... he has a point.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/10/bo_pelini_questions_espns_rela.html

"I know how to become a top 5 team. ... Just play Texas A&M."  Luvd that line.