Author Topic: Software thread(computer related)  (Read 64029 times)

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Software thread(computer related)
« Reply #375 on: October 15, 2015, 08:45:19 PM »
I always liked the linux labs in Nichols, best place on campus to get work done and quiet enough no one notices what you have in that Big Sipp...

The Big Train

« Reply #376 on: October 15, 2015, 09:04:19 PM »

TBT, don't you use the the Linux Lab in Nichols every once in a while? Libre Office is what they have installed on those machines.

not in a while, I honestly have never used them. good old Microsoft word is my go to

my God, LMAO
the big train? more like the big caveman. lol
why not just use WordPerfect?

n00b

seems like it was pretty good before i was born, you must have enjoyed it quite a bit.  the 80's called and they want their 'clams back :lol:

PC Magazine stated in March 1983 that "WordPerfect is very impressive, a more than full-featured program with a few truly state-of-the-art goodies tucked into the package". It cited WordPerfect's inclusion of mail merge, footnotes, and macros—all missing from WordStar—as well as "virtually every ... feature that one ought to expect from a higher-priced program" including find-and-replace, bold and underline display, and automatic paragraph reflow.[52] BYTE in December 1984 noted the application's built-in print buffer, ability to show bold, underline, and centered text, and extensive math capabilities. It criticized the quality of the spell checker and difficult tab settings, but concluded that "its powerful capabilities far outweigh the problems mentioned".[53] Compute! called WordPerfect "excellent". It especially praised the clean, uncluttered screen and fast spell checker.

The Big Train

« Reply #377 on: October 15, 2015, 09:59:50 PM »
teaser: openSUSE is pretty cool so far, layout is a little weird, but holy rough ridin' updates you guys

to be continued....

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 15, 2015, 10:56:01 PM »

TBT, don't you use the the Linux Lab in Nichols every once in a while? Libre Office is what they have installed on those machines.

not in a while, I honestly have never used them. good old Microsoft word is my go to

my God, LMAO
the big train? more like the big caveman. lol
why not just use WordPerfect?

n00b

seems like it was pretty good before i was born, you must have enjoyed it quite a bit.  the 80's called and they want their 'clams back :lol:

PC Magazine stated in March 1983 that "WordPerfect is very impressive, a more than full-featured program with a few truly state-of-the-art goodies tucked into the package". It cited WordPerfect's inclusion of mail merge, footnotes, and macros—all missing from WordStar—as well as "virtually every ... feature that one ought to expect from a higher-priced program" including find-and-replace, bold and underline display, and automatic paragraph reflow.[52] BYTE in December 1984 noted the application's built-in print buffer, ability to show bold, underline, and centered text, and extensive math capabilities. It criticized the quality of the spell checker and difficult tab settings, but concluded that "its powerful capabilities far outweigh the problems mentioned".[53] Compute! called WordPerfect "excellent". It especially praised the clean, uncluttered screen and fast spell checker.

:D
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #379 on: November 10, 2015, 09:05:03 PM »
clean windows 10 install + full visual studio install with all extensions  :sdeek:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 10, 2015, 09:07:00 PM »
 :sdeek:

The Big Train

« Reply #381 on: November 10, 2015, 09:28:13 PM »
 :cool:

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 11, 2015, 10:57:56 AM »
I was about to ask if you had cleared out the windows.old files yet.

The Big Train

« Reply #383 on: November 11, 2015, 01:57:57 PM »
I wouldn't need to do that with a clean install

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 11, 2015, 02:17:15 PM »
I wouldn't need to do that with a clean install

yeah, I kinda missed that part.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Where did you get that overnight bag?

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #388 on: November 25, 2015, 08:58:08 PM »
Like the CC thread referral links, I too have one, for free web hosting!  PM for deats!

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 27, 2015, 10:27:19 AM »
Like the CC thread referral links, I too have one, for free web hosting!  PM for deats!
I also have referral links for free web hosting, but they are slightly better than the free web hosting that The Big Train is offering. PM for details!
Where did you get that overnight bag?

The Big Train

« Reply #390 on: November 27, 2015, 10:29:45 AM »
I also have referral links for free web hosting, but they are slightly better than the free web hosting that The Big Train is offering. PM for details!

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 27, 2015, 11:26:34 AM »
A couple of blue host millionaires up in here
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

The Big Train

« Reply #392 on: January 27, 2016, 08:26:43 PM »
I haven't backed up one of my computers since mid Oct and this Time Machine backup is 385 GB  :sdeek:

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 27, 2016, 08:38:08 PM »
I haven't backed up one of my computers since mid Oct and this Time Machine backup is 385 GB  :sdeek:

if you're worried about space on the HDD you can go in and delete older backups

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

The Big Train

« Reply #394 on: January 27, 2016, 08:42:48 PM »

if you're worried about space on the HDD you can go in and delete older backups

Yeah I mean I have plenty of room on this specific drive.  Time machine does incremental backups between fulls if you do them regularly.  I just didn't think it would be THAT big/change since my last one.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 17, 2016, 09:51:05 PM »
Just saw that K-State is removing the Information Systems program from the Computer Science department. This kind of sucks considering that's the degree I graduated with.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 17, 2016, 09:55:59 PM »
So, like..is my degree worthless now?
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

The Big Train

« Reply #397 on: February 17, 2016, 09:59:13 PM »
They are basically just consolidating the 3 degrees they had into just CS.  Long story short they have had IS since the late 90's and it hadn't changed with the times much.  They are gonna focus more on CS degrees with an emphasis in a area, with tracts from like Junior year on. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 17, 2016, 10:01:18 PM »
So, like..is my degree worthless now?

Why would it be
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 17, 2016, 10:06:45 PM »
They are basically just consolidating the 3 degrees they had into just CS.  Long story short they have had IS since the late 90's and it hadn't changed with the times much.  They are gonna focus more on CS degrees with an emphasis in a area, with tracts from like Junior year on.
Ah, this makes more sense. My junior year they changed the format of the IS degree to change with times, as you said, but I guess they decided to not continue. So, with the new CS degrees, they will be able to choose like a Business tract if they want?