Author Topic: From the Auburn Rivals publisher ...  (Read 15045 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: From the Auburn Rivals publisher ...
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 02:10:44 PM »
It's very weird that people actually care what strangers think about how nice of college football fans they are. I'm sure most of these people that were going out of their way to be nice to Auburn fans are complete eff faces to people in their own communities.

What convoluted line of thinking would lead you to be so sure of that regarding people you don't even know personally?  You think it's simply beyond the realm of possibility that our fan base would have a lot of genuinely nice people?

I'm genuinely nice, I'm not inviting strangers from Alabama to eat my food and drink my alcohol. Do you know why? Because I don't do this at home, and neither do you or any of these other people. I lived in Kansas nearly my entire life, I have had season football tickets since 1996 and I have never had a single experience at BSFS that visiting fans seem to have. Our fans, who seem to be interested in what visiting fans think of them, should spend more time caring about people who they actually see all of the time. Do random people offer you food and drinks and ask about your well being when you walk through the lots? If this happens to you then I'm going to be real curious as to why this isn't extended to me.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 02:15:12 PM »
you seem pretty concerned about the way strangers act towards other strangers.  weird.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2014, 02:16:13 PM »
Guys, I was super pak'd and went to Hunam at 1:30am after the game.

There was a group of 4 middle aged Auburn fans enjoying some fine Chinese food as well. I left my group of friends and sat and chatted with them for a while about the game. They were all pleasant people and we had a great conversation!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2014, 02:17:14 PM »
Guys, I was super pak'd and went to Hunam at 1:30am after the game.

There was a group of 4 middle aged Auburn fans enjoying some fine Chinese food as well. I left my group of friends and sat and chatted with them for a while about the game. They were all pleasant people and we had a great conversation!

how dare you

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2014, 02:22:15 PM »
It's very weird that people actually care what strangers think about how nice of college football fans they are. I'm sure most of these people that were going out of their way to be nice to Auburn fans are complete eff faces to people in their own communities.

What convoluted line of thinking would lead you to be so sure of that regarding people you don't even know personally?  You think it's simply beyond the realm of possibility that our fan base would have a lot of genuinely nice people?

I'm genuinely nice, I'm not inviting strangers from Alabama to eat my food and drink my alcohol. Do you know why? Because I don't do this at home, and neither do you or any of these other people. I lived in Kansas nearly my entire life, I have had season football tickets since 1996 and I have never had a single experience at BSFS that visiting fans seem to have. Our fans, who seem to be interested in what visiting fans think of them, should spend more time caring about people who they actually see all of the time. Do random people offer you food and drinks and ask about your well being when you walk through the lots? If this happens to you then I'm going to be real curious as to why this isn't extended to me.

I've never been offered food or drink when walking toward BSFS either.   :curse:
Though I was offered a burrito or some other food item from Taco Bell while waiting in line for the NEZ from another K-State fan who apparently was too full.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2014, 02:27:08 PM »
you seem pretty concerned about the way strangers act towards other strangers.  weird.

It's weird that I think it's mumped up for people treat a stranger wearing an orange shirt with a college team logo on it better than they would a poor person in their own community? I didn't think that would be such a controversial stance, but okay dude trim 3:16.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2014, 02:27:43 PM »
You people sound a little phony then. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2014, 02:29:00 PM »
I've usually found parking lot K-State fan to either be very uptight, or extremely inconsiderate of other people.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2014, 02:34:44 PM »

It's weird that I think it's mumped up for people treat a stranger wearing an orange shirt with a college team logo on it better than they would a poor person in their own community? I didn't think that would be such a controversial stance, but okay dude trim 3:16.

i guess when i see someone being nice towards people visiting their university, i think that's a nice gesture, nothing more or less.  i don't equate that to them being shitty towards others in their personal lives.  how can you possibly say that?  that's a very broad brush you are painting with.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2014, 02:37:57 PM »
This thread is getting mumped up. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2014, 02:38:25 PM »
i make it a rule in life to only say something to someone if i know them. this seems to work well for me.

I have the same rule
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2014, 02:39:56 PM »
i make it a rule in life to only say something to someone if i know them. this seems to work well for me.

I have the same rule

I take it further and often don't say anything to people that I know even. 

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2014, 02:42:56 PM »

I have the same rule

Yes, this happens more than not, but not a rule

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2014, 02:45:55 PM »
The higher ranked we are the angrier we are, right?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2014, 02:46:35 PM »

I have the same rule

It's a rule for me if they are a shitbrain that I happen to know.  It's not universal. 

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2014, 02:49:29 PM »

I have the same rule

It's a rule for me if they are a shitbrain that I happen to know.  It's not universal.

Oh yeah, I 100 percent ignore people I know and don't like. I don't understand people that engage those they don't enjoy engaging

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2014, 02:51:57 PM »

i guess when i see someone being nice towards people visiting their university, i think that's a nice gesture, nothing more or less.  i don't equate that to them being shitty towards others in their personal lives.  how can you possibly say that?  that's a very broad brush you are painting with.

I'm pretty comfortable painting with that brush. I'm sure Mother Theresa's long lost brother or sister may be in our parking lot but I'm very comfortable saying that 99% of those people that offered those Auburn fans food and drinks have done any sort of thing that's considered from mildly rude to completely mumped up within the same 24 hour time span. I'll offer these people food so that they can think we are totally nice but I will still continue to talk crap about those people who tailgate next to us because their kids won't stop touching my car.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2014, 02:58:30 PM »

I have the same rule

Oh yeah, I 100 percent ignore people I know and don't like. I don't understand people that engage those they don't enjoy engaging

People do a ton of crap socially that I'll never understand.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2014, 03:07:35 PM »
well our tailgate group likes to invite visting fans over, mostly because the ones that are walking by are doing just that, walking around.  They don't have a tailgate to go to, maybe flew into town so don't have supplies, so we always make sure to have plenty of extra food and drinks.  it's also nice meeting new people.  the people in the nearby parking spaces all get along, and we usually walk from spot to spot to visit, and they are always welcome to stop by and eat, although they always do their own thing.  i'm sure there are people that don't like some of the people they tailgate by or sit by in the stands.  the guy that sits behind me bugs the crap out of me, i'm not mean to him tho, and if he walked by my tailgate and noticed me, i'd probably invite him over for a beer.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2014, 03:10:08 PM »
my tailgate always looks for visiting fans while they're walking around the lots and we throw a ton of super sharp tacks on the ground all around them.

no way to avoid all the tacks.  they have to walk through them.  sorry about your feet, visiting fans.   bloody sock, bro?  not my probs.  lulz.   :cool:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2014, 03:15:30 PM »
I am usually too Heeney'd up to care about any of this.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2014, 03:16:46 PM »
If I do invite opposing fans to my tailgate I will only offer them food that I have placed between my buttocks.

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2014, 03:43:51 PM »
It's almost like we're the dorky freshman in high school who goes over the top trying to impress the cooler old kids. If we were more confident in ourselves we wouldn't give a eff about what they thought and would quit asking these dumb questions.

Also, I think I'll take advantage of the inferiority complex and wear a visiting team's garb around Aggieville and the tailgates before the game to get free food and booze.   

Note to self - avoid DickStone's tailgate.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2014, 03:57:31 PM »
It's almost like we're the dorky freshman in high school who goes over the top trying to impress the cooler old kids. If we were more confident in ourselves we wouldn't give a eff about what they thought and would quit asking these dumb questions.

Also, I think I'll take advantage of the inferiority complex and wear a visiting team's garb around Aggieville and the tailgates before the game to get free food and booze.   

Note to self - avoid DickStone's tailgate.

...or just carry a foam finger around with you.
@mikec2w

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2014, 04:00:15 PM »
 :weirdrobert:

Like this?