Author Topic: From the Auburn Rivals publisher ...  (Read 15043 times)

Offline GoPowercat.com

• Fan
    • View Profile
From the Auburn Rivals publisher ...
« on: September 22, 2014, 09:38:36 AM »
Even though I hate you guys with the fury of seven hells, you folks are obviously the ones most responsible for making the auburn fans love K-State.

I'm Jay G. and I run AuburnSports.com.

A bunch of our subscribers made the trip to Manhattan last week and I've never seen them so satisfied with a road trip. Everyone on our board has been talking about how great all the KSU fans were, how generous they were. I've never seen such overwhelmingly positive feedback before because, well, our people can be critical on occasion.

Anyway, we have a thread going over on the board about it. You probably can't read it, so I'm going to paste it here.

Figured y'all might be interested ...

terryrscruggs
Post #1320
Pensacola
Was wondering how our fans were treated in Manhattan. I remember KSU fans having a lot of good things to say about AU and how they were treated on their visit here in 2007.

TJMJR
Second Team
Post #279
I encountered great fans and I enjoyed the atmosphere.

rxtiger
Post #1058
They were the best fan base I have seen in my 45 years of attending Auburn football. You couldn't walk across the parking lot without being offered food and drink from 20 different tailgates. We were welcomed at the bars and they bought us drinks. They said they admired how passionate we were for our team and couldn't believe how many AU fans came there for a Thursday night game. Never seen a nicer group of people and if we ever go back, I will certainly return!

AUnit
First Round Draft Pick
Post #1891
Really like Kansas St, always have. But my respect for them sky rocketed after they visited in 2007. Awesome fanbase. Really upset I couldn't make the trip.

WonderGump
All-American
Post #563
The Gump
Add me to chorus of those impressed. When we arrived at the stadium, the students were lined up to enter the stadium, and they were all incredibly welcoming.  We entered early and just milled around for a while. We were standing on the concourse behind the student section, and more than a dozen students jumped out of line to get into their seats to come talk to us to say "Welcome to K-State" and thank us for coming to the game and scheduling them.

One guy came up to me and asked me how we got our hands on so many tickets. He wasn't rude. He was impressed.

Probably had more than a 100 speak to me and say welcome, and only one said "rtr."

Our seats were in the upper deck. Because of the configuration, you take stairs, but it's nothing overwhelming. If you think JHS is limited in amenities, K-State's stadium has even less. The upper deck concessions were hot dogs and nachos and soft drinks, and I think that was it.

nugp3
Post #4116
MyFanPage
Almost too nice.

prpounding
First Round Draft Pick
Post #877

Originally posted by nugp33:
    Almost too nice.

I was not there but my brother was.  He said it was almost annoying how nice they were.  He said him and his friends couldnt even carry on a conversation without a K State fan interupting and hem being overly nice.  Every 10 mins he was shaking someone's hand.

terryrscruggs
Post #1321
Pensacola
Would be nice to post these comments on their rivals site. Some of them on the site were asking if anyone had heard Auburn fans comments on their visit and the game. I have no idea how to do it. Maybe Jay could post this thread on their site.

Josh9454
First Round Draft Pick
Post #1443
Huntsville
Great group of fans at Kansas State, no doubt.

autiger8820
First Round Draft Pick
Post #4194
Prattville, AL
Agree with all of this ..

Chief Tiger
Post #3127
Dothan
I enjoyed them until the 100th or so one welcomed me and wanted to talk to  me about how much they appreciated me making the trip. They were a little over the top with that. It's hard to fault someone for being too nice. We were talking that it would have been super annoying had we lost lol.

SlyTiger
All-American
Post #580
Athens, GA
Great fans and atmosphere. Don't let the small stadium fool you, KSU fans are very passionate about their wildcats. Stadium was packed out and very loud. Just prior to kickoff, more than 100 Harley Davidson's circled the field and the crowd went nuts. Before and after the game, their fans were very friendly and respectful. When the game was over we went to a Wendy's just off campus for a burger. KSU fans were constantly coming by our table and congratulating us on the victory. Like AU, most of their fans are actually KSU grads, which seems to make a difference. Also like Auburn, KSU is the land grant university for the state. In my opinion the land grant schools seem seem to attract kids that were "raised right".

All in all, a very good experience in Manhattan, which left us with a very good impression of KSU and their fans. Simply put, nothing but class.

demeat
First Round Draft Pick
Post #6488
Many fan bases have said these same things about us being very nice and gracious.

plainsman1996
All-American
Post #509
We sat right next to their student section, and I have nothing but respect for their ability to make noise without being obnoxious.  Our portion of the stadium was incredibly loud, and organized.  That "first down" thing was annoying, but it was well done.  Thoroughly enjoyed the fans.

Jay G. Tate, Publisher
AuburnSports.com
[email protected]
Twitter: @JayGTate

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: From the Auburn Rivals publisher ...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 09:42:44 AM »
Just prior to kickoff, more than 100 Harley Davidson's circled the field and the crowd went nuts

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 09:45:04 AM »
You're welcome.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 09:54:39 AM »
They lose, and 75% of those posts go the opposite direction.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 10:02:16 AM »
They lose, and 75% of those posts go the opposite direction.

Of course.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 10:02:52 AM »
I hate hearing this crap.  How IowaStatey are we?

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 10:24:17 AM »
:validated:

The Big Train

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 10:26:03 AM »
dnr but thanks fitz

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 10:32:41 AM »
Raised right

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 01:23:04 PM »

Would it make you feel better if I told you that I saw three K-State guys in the Auburn section rough ridin' with people so much that they forced a female Auburn fan, appeared to be in her 20s, to punch one of them and kick them after she fell a la the Alabama wrecking ball fan against OU?

If any of the three of you are reading this, you were an embarrassment. Leave people alone and just let them watch the goddamned game. I wish the guy you were rough ridin' with was someone who was willing to fight because I'm sure he would have cleaned all three of you morons out. For people who don't think some people don't deserve getting their asses kicked listen to this.

So these people, a male Auburn fan, a female Auburn fan and another female in a KU shirt had these three K-State fans behind them. I have no idea what happened before this because these people were two sections away but when I saw it two of the K-Staters were messing with this dudes head, he definitely told them not to touch him. A few minutes later after we made a nice play the K-State dudes start messing with the Auburn guy. They were waiving their hands in the guys face and clapping their hands right in his face all the while saying "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you." The Auburn guy somehow kept his cool but the women with them were ready to throw hands. The other Auburn people around managed to keep these other six people from scrapping it out the rest of the half. Then right at the beginning of the second half I didn't see what started it but the Auburn girl spun around and threw a spinning, lunging right hand. The threw the punch so vigorously that she fell, after she fell she yelled and kicked a lot. This went on for quite a while, no security at all. I wish one of those three K-State guys got punched in his stupid face, the only issue is that one of them, after screwing with this guy for an hour, would have gotten the cops.

I just don't understand why you people feel the need to either be nice or be pigs to other people watching the game. I had an Auburn couple sitting next to me, the guy said "you guys should be winning," I said "yeah," that was the extent of our interaction. It's very weird that people actually care what strangers think about how nice of college football fans they are. I'm sure most of these people that were going out of their way to be nice to Auburn fans are complete eff faces to people in their own communities.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 01:27:14 PM »
I yelled "Roll Snyd" a lot at people. I made small talk with people who thought the elephant hat and phrase were funny, those who didn't like it continued about whatever it was they were doing.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 01:30:25 PM »
I have never once said a single word to a fan of an opposing team visiting BSFS. I'd be pretty nice to one of them if they started a conversation, though.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 01:33:18 PM »
i make it a rule in life to only say something to someone if i know them. this seems to work well for me.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 01:34:08 PM »
i make it a rule in life to only say something to someone if i know them. this seems to work well for me.

how do you make new friends then, rick?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 01:36:36 PM »

Clearly he hasn't spoken before, or he just waits until someone out of the blue walks up and shares their life story with him.  At that point, he can respond and they can be friends.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 01:41:17 PM »

Would it make you feel better if I told you that I saw three K-State guys in the Auburn section rough ridin' with people so much that they forced a female Auburn fan, appeared to be in her 20s, to punch one of them and kick them after she fell a la the Alabama wrecking ball fan against OU?

If any of the three of you are reading this, you were an embarrassment. Leave people alone and just let them watch the goddamned game. I wish the guy you were rough ridin' with was someone who was willing to fight because I'm sure he would have cleaned all three of you morons out. For people who don't think some people don't deserve getting their asses kicked listen to this.

So these people, a male Auburn fan, a female Auburn fan and another female in a KU shirt had these three K-State fans behind them. I have no idea what happened before this because these people were two sections away but when I saw it two of the K-Staters were messing with this dudes head, he definitely told them not to touch him. A few minutes later after we made a nice play the K-State dudes start messing with the Auburn guy. They were waiving their hands in the guys face and clapping their hands right in his face all the while saying "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you." The Auburn guy somehow kept his cool but the women with them were ready to throw hands. The other Auburn people around managed to keep these other six people from scrapping it out the rest of the half. Then right at the beginning of the second half I didn't see what started it but the Auburn girl spun around and threw a spinning, lunging right hand. The threw the punch so vigorously that she fell, after she fell she yelled and kicked a lot. This went on for quite a while, no security at all. I wish one of those three K-State guys got punched in his stupid face, the only issue is that one of them, after screwing with this guy for an hour, would have gotten the cops.

I just don't understand why you people feel the need to either be nice or be pigs to other people watching the game. I had an Auburn couple sitting next to me, the guy said "you guys should be winning," I said "yeah," that was the extent of our interaction. It's very weird that people actually care what strangers think about how nice of college football fans they are. I'm sure most of these people that were going out of their way to be nice to Auburn fans are complete eff faces to people in their own communities.

Well, that is pretty messed up.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 01:42:11 PM »
Sat in section 21 in front of about 5 insanely drunk Auburn fans.  They were civil until the game was over when one of them proceeded to grab my gf and ask her if she wanted to come home with a winner.  Took all of me not to deck the guy, but I didn't.  My annoyance at that cause me to yell "Shut the eff up!" when their fans started chanting SEC, but I don't think they heard me. 

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 01:50:56 PM »
Before the game as we were walking around the stadium, my friend and I welcomed every Auburn fan we saw to K-State. In fact im pretty sure one of those people were talking about was us in the post. We were just drunk and having fun. I really could care less what their fans think of K-State.

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 01:54:51 PM »
It's very weird that people actually care what strangers think about how nice of college football fans they are. I'm sure most of these people that were going out of their way to be nice to Auburn fans are complete eff faces to people in their own communities.

What convoluted line of thinking would lead you to be so sure of that regarding people you don't even know personally?  You think it's simply beyond the realm of possibility that our fan base would have a lot of genuinely nice people? 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 01:56:43 PM »
I only saw about half a dozen auburn fans.  Pretty sparse attendance

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 01:58:10 PM »

why would i want to do that?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2014, 02:00:00 PM »
one Auburn fan i saw was all worked up about the Roll Snyd stuff, apparently we stole that from Bamma (sp?).  i couldn't stop saying Roll Damn Snyd after i found that out.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2014, 02:00:47 PM »

didn't see anything leading up to it but did see the chick throw the punch.  she was pretty hammered.
emaw

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2014, 02:02:15 PM »
My cousin cheered at Ole Miss for one year. My aunt went to all of the games that year and said that fans from every SEC school were absolutely awful to each other. She said she was sworn at every single weekend by grown men.

I hope we never adopt the bullshit attitude of aTm and nubb, but I'm glad we aren't outwardly hostile to 45 year old women.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2014, 02:02:18 PM »
I didn't run into any shitty people from where I was watching the game.  :dunno:
@mikec2w