Author Topic: Red Zone failings  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Red Zone failings
« on: September 19, 2014, 12:35:32 PM »
In my opinion, this season will hinge on the offense finding a way to improve its red zone efficiency.  Both games against P5 opponents have highlighted our struggles to score TDs and with Auburn laying out the blueprint to keeping TLBL from getting behind the defense this will be an issue the rest of the season.

I believe our biggest obstacle is the lack of size we have at every skill position.  This coaching staff has tried to compensate with the by running the wildcat with some success but it is hard to imagine it keeping up with OU, BU and even OSU and WVU.

It is reminiscent of the early days of DoD 1.0, specifically 1995 with the exception of a that team having powerful FB in Goolsby.  Gronk has never been the most physical FB, has Nemchek played at this year? 

Could Leverett help? 

What is Klein's status, he is by the biggest target of all the WRs.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Red Zone failings
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 12:40:34 PM »
Would a more prolific runner at QB create more problems for the defense, particularly in the red zone?

But alas, the bigger picture is, why in 2014 are we talking about K-State looking like early 90's Snyder teams from a personal perspective?

Offline TigerChance

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 12:47:24 PM »
Auburn has one of the top red zone defenses sooo...

Offline TigerChance

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 12:50:48 PM »
we also put magical spells on the opposing team's kickers so they can't kick field goals

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 12:58:19 PM »
Well, it's at least going to be an interesting season.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline opticalcarrier

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 01:22:37 PM »
Auburn has one of the top red zone defenses sooo...

This. It wasnt just a fluke that the cats had issues in the rz last night. Au red zone defense has been fan rough ridin' tastic the past year.  Was def the best feature of the au team last night.  Well at least tied with your fg kicker.  Poor bastard I really feel sorry for the guy unlike the bama kicker who missed 3 fgs last iron bowl.  Eff him

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 01:25:37 PM »
RZ failure overall was a fluke. K-State teams under Snyder score in the RZ at nearly a 90% clip and score TDs nearly 2/3 of the time. We were set up to surpass that last night and we just didn't make plays. Its not like Auburn stalemated us or blocked FGs, we had a pass go off an All American's shoulder and missed 2 kicks with a 85%. Its more fluke than anything else, really.

Offline TigerChance

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 01:43:18 PM »
RZ failure overall was a fluke. K-State teams under Snyder score in the RZ at nearly a 90% clip and score TDs nearly 2/3 of the time.

against ish teams

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 01:48:16 PM »
RZ failure overall was a fluke. K-State teams under Snyder score in the RZ at nearly a 90% clip and score TDs nearly 2/3 of the time.

against ish teams

Tell me again Auburn did to "stop" us in 3 of those red zone misses? Yelled "boo" really loud so Lockett missed a wide open catch? Intimidated our 85% FG kicker? I mean, give me a break.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 01:37:00 AM »

against ish teams

Tell me again Auburn did to "stop" us in 3 of those red zone misses? Yelled "boo" really loud so Lockett missed a wide open catch? Intimidated our 85% FG kicker? I mean, give me a break.
_FAN burn.