Author Topic: Props to the Cats  (Read 2538 times)

Offline FadeMeAU

• Fan
    • View Profile
Props to the Cats
« on: September 19, 2014, 10:03:33 AM »
I was very impressed with the defense. I knew they would be sound and disciplined. I was very impressed with the athleticism. McDaniel and Evans are bad men. Meuller was a beast as well.

Neither team was very consistent offensively, and I attribute a lot of that to good defensive play. KState missed on some opportunities, but I know, if you're defense continues to play like this all season, EMAW will be very successful. You have some solid WR options outside of Lockett in Sexton and Burton, and I think Waters is a good QB. And having Snyder on the sidelines is always going to be an advantage.

Enjoyed the game and the banter all week. I look forward to keeping up with the rest of your season. Good luck this season, and win the BIG XII!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Chief Saugahatchee

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Props to the Cats
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 10:08:38 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 10:18:55 AM »
Fade, you're a good person so I know there wasn't any condescension in that post. Thank you and I really hope there's a chance in hell that both teams somehow make it to the playoffs. 
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline FadeMeAU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 10:39:21 AM »
Fade, you're a good person so I know there wasn't any condescension in that post. Thank you and I really hope there's a chance in hell that both teams somehow make it to the playoffs.

Man, I'd love nothing more than playing this game again in the playoffs. I don't think either team played their best game. I hate seeing a kicker struggle (unless it's Bama's kicker), and I hate worse that Lockett dropped that pass. But I hate worst of all that we didn't give you guys our best. Great competition brings out the best in the other side. If both teams play to their potential, this game would still be close. I never thought this would be a blowout, although I did believe both teams would score more because I thought the strengths of each were on offense. The defense on both sides, for the most part, was great to see.

These two teams are better than what we saw last night, and I truly believe you have the defense to win the BIG XII. Smart, disciplined, and headhunters in several spots. Waters is more than capable of leading this offense to crazy good offensive numbers. And Lockett is super dangerous on special teams.

Satire aside, this board has some really good posters on here and some really good football minds. I wish I could've made it to Manhattan to tailgate and meet some of you.  Maybe we'll meet up in January somewhere, possibly NOLA.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 11:14:38 AM »
All this good sportsmanship makes me sick...

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 11:19:46 AM »

Does TSC make you nauseous?  I can tone it down a little if so. :tsc:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 11:21:55 AM »

TSC isn't about good sportsmanship, otherwise yes, it would.

Offline FadeMeAU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 12:57:02 PM »

I try to be reasonable and rational. Unfortunately, some of my fellow Auburn message board friends who also came here don't share that same mindset.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 03:38:03 PM »
FadeMeAU, you can stick around for as long as you like.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 03:46:01 PM »
Fade, if you're ok in GregKSU's book, you're ok in mine.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 03:54:42 PM »
What are you insinuating? The S in TSC also stands for sincerity, dorkbrow.

TSC isn't about good sportsmanship, otherwise yes, it would.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 03:57:42 PM »
Auburn fans must think our defense has always been amazing.  We looked so good in 07 as well. Antwon moore :love:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 04:02:11 PM »
Auburn fans must think our defense has always been amazing.  We looked so good in 07 as well. Antwon moore :love:

that's really just against garbagey SEC offenses.

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 04:10:28 PM »

Man, I'd love nothing more than playing this game again in the playoffs. I don't think either team played their best game. I hate seeing a kicker struggle (unless it's Bama's kicker), and I hate worse that Lockett dropped that pass. But I hate worst of all that we didn't give you guys our best. Great competition brings out the best in the other side. If both teams play to their potential, this game would still be close. I never thought this would be a blowout, although I did believe both teams would score more because I thought the strengths of each were on offense. The defense on both sides, for the most part, was great to see.

These two teams are better than what we saw last night, and I truly believe you have the defense to win the BIG XII. Smart, disciplined, and headhunters in several spots. Waters is more than capable of leading this offense to crazy good offensive numbers. And Lockett is super dangerous on special teams.

Satire aside, this board has some really good posters on here and some really good football minds. I wish I could've made it to Manhattan to tailgate and meet some of you.  Maybe we'll meet up in January somewhere, possibly NOLA.
sak should take notes^^^

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2014, 08:23:11 PM »
I was very impressed with the defense. I knew they would be sound and disciplined. I was very impressed with the athleticism. McDaniel and Evans are bad men. Meuller was a beast as well.

Neither team was very consistent offensively, and I attribute a lot of that to good defensive play. KState missed on some opportunities, but I know, if you're defense continues to play like this all season, EMAW will be very successful. You have some solid WR options outside of Lockett in Sexton and Burton, and I think Waters is a good QB. And having Snyder on the sidelines is always going to be an advantage.

Enjoyed the game and the banter all week. I look forward to keeping up with the rest of your season. Good luck this season, and win the BIG XII!

Nice game and solid post, FadeMe.  Both offenses will look better against lesser defense, I agree.

The game was controlled by the defenses and I admit, your defense played far better than I thought they were capable of.  Good win for your kids and best of luck through that gauntlet of the SECW.

:kstatriot:
bears are fast...

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 08:37:03 PM »

Fade, if you're ok in GregKSU's book, you're ok in mine.
ha

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.