Author Topic: Cattmatt Super Thread  (Read 80591 times)

yoga-like_abana

Re: Catmatt Super Thread
« Reply #200 on: September 08, 2010, 08:30:17 PM »
Only two ways to solve this: catmatt should stay in his basement or fly to aferika.
It's "aferica".
But if he moves the mojo will move with him!  :runaway:
pfffttt

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 08, 2010, 08:48:41 PM »
"Whoever...utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet... without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person...who receives the communications...shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

Finding an Assistant US Attorney, who would put their time and rep into prosecuting a back and forth on a sports message board would be the fun part.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 08, 2010, 09:23:01 PM »
"Whoever...utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet... without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person...who receives the communications...shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

Finding an Assistant US Attorney, who would put their time and rep into prosecuting a back and forth on a sports message board would be the fun part.

We totally studied this in my 5th hour civics class.  This law has never successfully been used to ever go after a bbs.  It is basically used to prevent Facebook abuse.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 08, 2010, 09:31:25 PM »

We totally studied this in my 5th hour civics class.  This law has never successfully been used to ever go after a bbs.  It is basically used to prevent Facebook abuse.

So as an Admin/Mod, what you're saying is, "Suck it"?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 08, 2010, 09:55:15 PM »

So as an Admin/Mod, what you're saying is, "Suck it"?

not at all.  Everyone is responsible for their own content.

The42Yardstick

Re: Cattmatt Super Thread
« Reply #205 on: September 09, 2010, 09:12:26 AM »
need updates, thx

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 09, 2010, 09:19:03 AM »
Wow, this thread got awesome fast. It sounds like Catmatt is showing Jeffy why you should never stalk a stalker.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 09, 2010, 10:23:47 AM »
Bigshotattorneycat has told me to lock this for the moment, his phone is ringing off the hook

:curse:
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 09, 2010, 10:34:58 AM »
Bigshotattorneycat has told me to lock this for the moment, his phone is ringing off the hook

:curse:

wait, is this for real?

Offline BigShotAttorneyCat

• CEO, goEMAW.com
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 09, 2010, 11:04:56 AM »
Catmatt and someone who alleges to be his wife have spent the better part of the last 24 hours making legal and personal threats against the board admins, posters and anyone who may have glanced at this thread at some point in it's existence.  Because of this I have made the decision to lock the thread pending my review of the situation.  Frankly, the threats my admins and board members have received appear to be much more actionable than anything I have seen in this thread.  I will be reviewing this matter in depth and will make a decision on what action to take once I have all the information.  In the meantime, you will have to have your catmatt discussions related to his posts, videos and movies in other threads.  Please be advised that we are not responsible for anyone's posts. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Important Censoring Implications of Locking the CatMatt Thread
« Reply #210 on: September 09, 2010, 11:55:14 AM »
Not a big fan of the locking the CatMatt thread.  Seems against the nature of the board that is ban-free/censorship free.  I don't agree with all the posts in it, but appreciate a forum for them to be said.  This whole thing is getting pretty upsetting for me   :angry:

No offense to BSAC or anything

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Important Censoring Implications of Locking the CatMatt Thread
« Reply #211 on: September 09, 2010, 12:06:37 PM »
2nd

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 09, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »
Yeah, I'm not cool with some of the weirdness in that thread that went beyond people commenting on or posting the videos and pictures that CatMatt himself put out there, and I'm sure as hell not ok with the weirdness emanating from the catmatts in response, but it's kind of bullshit that BSAC decided he can unilaterally decide what to do on these issues.  This was supposed to be a PARTNERSHIP.  Just because he's bankrolling the thing doesn't mean his vote counts more than the others who put their purple hearts and souls into it.

Chicat, JW, goEMAWuncensored.com?  Also, do either of you know how to set up a website like this one?

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 09, 2010, 12:11:16 PM »
Chicat, JW, goEMAWuncensored.com?  Also, do either of you know how to set up a website like this one?

Yes.  I'll be in touch. 

The42Yardstick

« Reply #214 on: September 09, 2010, 12:12:02 PM »
this whole situation is increds

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 09, 2010, 12:13:20 PM »
Yeah, I'm not cool with some of the weirdness in that thread that went beyond people commenting on or posting the videos and pictures that CatMatt himself put out there, and I'm sure as hell not ok with the weirdness emanating from the catmatts in response, but it's kind of bullshit that BSAC decided he can unilaterally decide what to do on these issues.  This was supposed to be a PARTNERSHIP.  Just because he's bankrolling the thing doesn't mean his vote counts more than the others who put their purple hearts and souls into it.

Chicat, JW, goEMAWuncensored.com?  Also, do either of you know how to set up a website like this one?

:cheese:

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 09, 2010, 12:13:51 PM »
BSAC had a good run.  But now he/she is a victim of his/her own success.  BSAC - you are letting the terrorist win.  See you guys on goEMAWuncensored.com.  

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 09, 2010, 12:14:11 PM »
That thread is chock full of irony.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline EMAWgeddon

• Combo-Fan
  • Go away, I'm walking on sunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 09, 2010, 12:14:37 PM »
Wonder if other fanbases have these sorts of issues.   :facepalm:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 09, 2010, 12:21:24 PM »
In BSAC's defense, this place is probably sued more per week than any other business/board in the world.  Or at least in the country.  Lots of suing, that's what I'm getting at.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 09, 2010, 12:23:47 PM »
In BSAC's defense, this place is probably sued more per week than any other business/board in the world.  Or at least in the country.  Lots of suing, that's what I'm getting at.

He's a big shot attorney.  His hobby is getting sued and destroying people in court.  He'd be lost without the suings.  He needs to sack up and handle this in a non-censoring type way.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 09, 2010, 12:25:14 PM »

He's a big shot attorney.  His hobby is getting sued and destroying people in court.  He'd be lost without the suings.  He needs to sack up and handle this in a non-censoring type way.

what makes you think he's not?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 09, 2010, 12:27:05 PM »
In BSAC's defense, this place is probably sued more per week than any other business/board in the world.  Or at least in the country.  Lots of suing, that's what I'm getting at.

If we are starting censorship around here, how are all of OK-Cat's posts not the first thing to go?

No offense OK-Cat, just a logical starting point

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 09, 2010, 12:28:27 PM »
I agree, ChiCat.

BSAC has successfully defended me about 12 times in the past calendar year.  Thank goodness for goEMAW.com's amazing legal defense fund.

But yeah, censorship will kill this place.  Guess it's about time to start over.  :(

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 09, 2010, 12:29:04 PM »
In BSAC's defense, this place is probably sued more per week than any other business/board in the world.  Or at least in the country.  Lots of suing, that's what I'm getting at.

He's a big shot attorney.  His hobby is getting sued and destroying people in court.  He'd be lost without the suings.  He needs to sack up and handle this in a non-censoring type way.

what makes you think he's not?

That's true.  I guess he hasn't censored anything yet.  Just put a hold on the other thread before jeffy or the others post any more stealth pics.

BSAC, HANDLE THIS!!!!  :runaway:

ChiCat/JW, no go on the goEMAWuncensored.com thing.  For now.