Author Topic: SportCenter  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Hubbs

• Fan
    • View Profile
SportCenter
« on: April 09, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »
Just watched the end of sports center and as John Anderson was wrapping up out of the blue he said "fear the beard."  Steve Levy looked at him and said what?
The nation wants more of us!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Sports Center
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 11:03:57 PM »
No, he said "Fear the beer." Was referring to the baseball game in Milwaukee.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 09:22:51 AM »

Warm up your trademark lawsuits motherfuckers!!

Offline Do Work Son

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 10:14:09 AM »

I know they say "Fear the Deer" as referring to the Bucks. Thats prolly what he said

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 11:24:11 AM »

I know they say "Fear the Deer" as referring to the Bucks. Thats prolly what he said

THIS.

The bucks in something called the "NBA Playoffs," though I have never seen it myself.   :barf:

Offline The Minister

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: SportCenter
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 04:15:03 PM »
Prolly was "Fear the Beer".  J Anderson is a fan of the Beermakers/Brewers baseball club and during their loss to the Cardinals last night some fan that they featured during the broadcast had a "Fear the Beer" sign.  Clearly trademark infringement. 

Get 'em _FAN!

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 02:55:03 PM »
They mentioned a last second update on the Brewers game that night before saying that.  Had nothing to do with the Bucks.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 03:00:41 PM »
They mentioned a last second update on the Brewers game that night before saying that.  Had nothing to do with the Bucks.

Liar.

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 01:01:23 PM »
Gents,  I did not see the SC in question.  Living, as I do, in Milwaukee, I can attest to the fact that it has become somewhat trendy to say, "Fear the deer," in reference to the Milwaukee Bucks.  Yes, in fact, the Bucks are slated for the playoffs for the first time in several years.

I have not yet heard anyone use the slogan, "Fear the beer," in or around Milwaukee - though this may not be totally out of the realm of possibility.

Given the futile nature of the Milwaukee bullpen, I cannot fathom anyone other than a homer (certainly no opposing team in the NL central) fearing the Brewers (btw, they're the Cerveceros in Spanish).  Trevor Hoffman nearly blew another save last night - it could be another long season for the Brewers.

The only fear I could possibly imagine related to beer would be if it ran out.  I'm happy to report that in Milwaukee, there is absolutely 0% probability of this occurring.   :cheers:
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 01:04:39 PM »
Gents,  I did not see the SC in question.  Living, as I do, in Milwaukee, I can attest to the fact that it has become somewhat trendy to say, "Fear the deer," in reference to the Milwaukee Bucks.  Yes, in fact, the Bucks are slated for the playoffs for the first time in several years.

I have not yet heard anyone use the slogan, "Fear the beer," in or around Milwaukee - though this may not be totally out of the realm of possibility.

Given the futile nature of the Milwaukee bullpen, I cannot fathom anyone other than a homer (certainly no opposing team in the NL central) fearing the Brewers (btw, they're the Cerveceros in Spanish).  Trevor Hoffman nearly blew another save last night - it could be another long season for the Brewers.

The only fear I could possibly imagine related to beer would be if it ran out.  I'm happy to report that in Milwaukee, there is absolutely 0% probability of this occurring.   :cheers:

You know what else will never run out in Milwaukee?  Cheese or sweatershirt wearing frumperstiltskins.

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 01:17:12 PM »
You know what else will never run out in Milwaukee?  Cheese or sweatershirt wearing frumperstiltskins.

True, add to the list:  brats, Harleys, and one-hit wonder bands at Summerfest.   :thumbsup:
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 11:05:22 PM »

You know what else will never run out in Milwaukee? 

Vowels, other than "o". Amirite!?!!!