Author Topic: LHC Bill Snyder show.  (Read 6879 times)

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
LHC Bill Snyder show.
« on: September 08, 2014, 09:12:53 AM »
Does anyone else hate Wyatt Thompson?  I think LHC Bill Snyder might. He says some of the dumbest things on the LHC Bill Snyder show and Bill has to correct him on almost every question. 

Like how about the great play of Truman?  I yelled at the tv "Truman sucked what game were you watching?"  And Bill basically said the same thing only nicer. Arrrg it was hard to watch.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: LHC Bill Snyder show.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 09:18:35 AM »
Does anyone else hate Wyatt Thompson?  I think LHC Bill Snyder might. He says some of the dumbest things on the LHC Bill Snyder show and Bill has to correct him on almost every question. 

Like how about the great play of Truman? I yelled at the tv "Truman sucked what game were you watching?"  And Bill basically said the same thing only nicer. Arrrg it was hard to watch.

I thought Bill handled that about as well as anyone has ever handled putting constructive criticism out in public.

And Wyatt was in the background kind of flummoxed.  You could tell he realized he said something dumb.

I think the play they showed almost immediately before that, when they talked about Richardson, was him doing some awkward, stone-footed side step that completely baffled Truman, and you could see Truman in the shot getting all angry and throwing his arms down in anger.

It was just really awkward TV there.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: LHC LHC Bill Snyder show.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 09:20:16 AM »
nobody else hates wyatt

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 09:36:01 AM »
Wyatt is an ok play by play guy, and a good person IRL. I think he's better at basketball than football play by play though, and he over uses words like "unbelievable" and "amazing" on plays that are just good. Overall he gets a 86 on my 100 point scale.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 09:57:18 AM »
I want to clarify that I don't hate Wyatt.  I like Wyatt.  That was just scored as an error.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 10:07:07 AM »
I love when wyatt gets mad at a call that doesnt go our way and gets really indignant and incredulous about how rediculous it is. Its super lovable.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 10:13:32 AM »
like a lot of things k-state, wyatt is a wac guy playing in a bcs league

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 10:15:07 AM »
I don't watch it often, but I think the show often has some awkward moments, probably because they film it really late at night after the games and both guys are really tired.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 10:17:50 AM »
i watch to see what the Dean of human ecology has to say, and the exciting things going on in that department.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 10:27:37 AM »
I don't watch it often, but I think the show often has some awkward moments, probably because they film it really late at night after the games and both guys are really tired.

I like to watch the highlight package for the most part because it's more comprehensive than the ones they put online, and you get a little commentary.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 10:34:17 AM »
why the eff would he ask that about truman? good grief. everybody watching that saw truman whiffing on a few tackles and looking slow.

snyder's answer was perfect, by the way.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 09:29:28 PM »
'Blast, I think his speed was fine. He out ran a few (almost) great plays that might have changed the game. I think Schellenberg, Davis, and Willis present our most glaring speed issues.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 09:31:30 PM »
I agree about the late filming immediately following an entire gameday causing much of the awkwardness. If you're actually EMAW then you'd know that none of us hate one another.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
Re: LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder show.
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 10:03:37 PM »
i watch to see what the Dean of human ecology has to say, and the exciting things going on in that department.
have you seen how tall that dude is?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 11:39:58 PM »
weirdest one i've ever seen tonight. snyder is awkward and seemingly pissed the entire episode, and not once looks at wyatt. painful to watch at times. was his mood related to the stupid rough ridin' pat roberts thing? or was he just really really tired because of the late kick?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 11:44:42 PM by 'taterblast »

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 12:35:40 AM »
weirdest one i've ever seen tonight. snyder is awkward and seemingly pissed the entire episode, and not once looks at wyatt. painful to watch at times. was his mood related to the stupid rough ridin' pat roberts thing? or was he just really really tired because of the late kick?

That episode was painful.  Absolutely painful.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 06:33:25 AM »
The Pat Roberts commercial is a non-issue. If Snyd's lets it get to him then you can throw out at least one of the sixteen goals
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 09:57:05 AM by Pett »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 06:43:15 AM »
So remember when we played @UCLA?  They filmed this deal at like 5AM right after they landed.  Bill is kinda a psycho.

Offline 75cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 06:48:06 AM »
I got the same feeling about LHCBS's attitude on this weeks show.  For those of you that still complain about Wyatt stop and think that if you were a UK fan you would have to listen to BOB "Oh No they are going to call that on KU" DAVIS, so appreciate what you have!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 08:51:53 AM »
I got the same feeling about LHCBS's attitude on this weeks show.  For those of you that still complain about Wyatt stop and think that if you were a UK fan you would have to listen to BOB "Oh No they are going to call that on KU" DAVIS, so appreciate what you have!

well said 7scat

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 09:01:49 AM »
If LHC Bill Snyder was steve dave he'd say "we're filming this stupid show too late at night" for games like OSU.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 09:06:39 AM »

the word

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 09:20:56 AM »
I'm sure Bill sees it as a waste of preperation time for the next game.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2014, 09:45:37 AM »
Why we haven't changed this to the Snyder Family Show and had Sean do the late ones I'll never know

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2014, 10:43:44 AM »
I was a little harsh on Wyatt with the OP.  But he is not a very good interviewer.  Not that anyone gets a good interview with LHC Bill Snyder but the questions he asks are so fluffy and kind of dumb.  Kind of reminds me of the SNL skit with Chris Farley when he would just say " remember that time Mueller tackled that guy for a loss?  That was great!  Then Snyder has to think of something to say so Wyatt doesn't look like as much of a fool.