Author Topic: what a f'ng shitty defense  (Read 13986 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: what a f'ng shitty defense
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2014, 01:08:30 AM »
Katdaddy you don't always need an emoticon. Your posts are good enough to stand on their own.

yeah, and picasso doesn't always need paint...  :facepalm:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2014, 01:27:29 AM »

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2014, 02:01:23 AM »
Danzel reminds me of the OU safety from over 5 years ago (Nic Harris?) that was a hard hitter and played dirty. :love:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 08, 2014, 02:15:27 AM »
Danzel reminds me of the OU safety from over 5 years ago (Nic Harris?) that was a hard hitter and played dirty. :love:

Tony Jefferson

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2014, 02:23:26 AM »

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 08, 2014, 02:41:14 AM »
The Pokemon card reminded me that it came down to us and ISU for Danzel.  Here's a few quotes from him after his visit there...

"Everybody at Iowa State has your back."

"Coach Rhoads is going to fly a jet down here to see me, and then leave for Chicago to go see my mother and father," McDaniel said. "That says a lot. The head coach recruiting me is a big factor. He has become my recruiting coordinator and is recruiting me himself. He wants me that bad and is willing to take time out of his day to call me.

"Coach Rhoads is a good man and good leader. I respect everything he says. He can lead this team to championships in the future. He wants me and Clink to come right in and play right away. I told him if we go there, we're going to help the team crack the top-25 and top-10."

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 08, 2014, 02:42:42 AM »
Being a 'clone fan would suck pretty hard.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 09, 2014, 09:28:04 AM »
So D got one int and 2 4th down stops in 2nd half while getting the shutout. Does anybody have the 2nd half stats?

They should really do 1st and 2nd half box scores like they do for basketball. Anyways, in the 2nd half ISU only gained 136 yards on 36 plays (3.78pp). Only two of those plays were inside our 40 yard line...the last two. We also held them to 1/8 on 3rd down.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 10, 2014, 10:20:12 AM »
Maybe the lack of recruiting on the defensive side of the ball has something to do with who is doing the recruiting now versus then? Snyder is a constant, but the staff is significantly different.

Hayes needs to blitz more, I hope that he is willing to change.

Is it bad that I kinda miss Matt Butler?

Also, can a mod switch my username from "Cleveland" to "Formerly of Cleveland". I've relocated and feel it best to not be associated with deindustrialized steel, filth filled Lake Erie, Johnny Football, etc. In positive news, I'm now farther from KSU land but still ran into an EMAW family downtown. I chatted with them but they seemed utterly afraid of the tall buildings, minorities, and density of the city. I think they were hayseeds from Parsons or something. I gave them high fives for their efforts though.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:23:57 AM by Cleveland »

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 10, 2014, 10:21:19 AM »
i think a good middle ground is freeing the corners to blitz by mistake

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2014, 10:25:45 AM »
Maybe the lack of recruiting on the defensive side of the ball has something to do with who is doing the recruiting now versus then? Snyder is a constant, but the staff is significantly different.

Hayes needs to blitz more, I hope that he is willing to change.

Is it bad that I kinda miss Matt Butler?

Also, can a mod switch my username from "Cleveland" to "Formerly of Cleveland". I've relocated and feel it best to not be associated with deindustrialized steel, filth filled Lake Erie, Johnny Football, etc. In positive news, I'm now farther from KSU land but still ran into an EMAW family downtown. I chatted with them but they seemed utterly afraid of the tall buildings, minorities, and density of the city. I think they were hayseeds from Parsons or something. I gave them high fives for their efforts though.

here you go, bud
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=32011.0

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 10, 2014, 11:18:37 AM »
So D got one int and 2 4th down stops in 2nd half while getting the shutout. Does anybody have the 2nd half stats?

They should really do 1st and 2nd half box scores like they do for basketball. Anyways, in the 2nd half ISU only gained 136 yards on 36 plays (3.78pp). Only two of those plays were inside our 40 yard line...the last two. We also held them to 1/8 on 3rd down.

the D basically had one apocalyptic quarter and was otherwise ok. but my god what an epic meltdown that quarter was.
emaw

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2014, 11:22:10 AM »

the D basically had one apocalyptic quarter and was otherwise ok. but my god what an epic meltdown that quarter was.

What if.... that was just the ultimate scheme pulled off by the Original, One & Only, Dr. Scheme?

:sdeek:
bears are fast...

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2014, 02:35:53 PM »

What if.... that was just the ultimate scheme pulled off by the Original, One & Only, Dr. Scheme?

:sdeek:

there is no "what if" here, that's what happened
emaw

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2014, 02:36:59 PM »
truman was certainly a servicable tackler last season.

classic schemology at play.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2014, 02:54:35 PM »
Usually you make up for mistakes with athleticism, once we clean it up Truman should look fine. Even though he should get replaced by one of our jucos Devonta or Riddle. Devonta, Riddle, Johnson, Prewett and McDaniel athleticism should helps more effectively blitz. Truman, Davis and Schellenberg become more of a liability when we blitz.

Offline detch23

• Fan
  • My Dire Wolf's name is Willie
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 10, 2014, 04:16:07 PM »

I basically said the same thing in another thread and got laughed at. What the hell happened? Maybe i was right to begin with?

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2014, 04:29:52 PM »
Being a 'clone fan would suck pretty hard.

I can't think of many things worse.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2014, 04:44:29 PM »
I rewatched last nigth and agree that we weren't THAT bad aside from the punt return (Special Teams, not defense) and the reverse pass. I still think Burns is dogshit and that Schellenberg, Davis, and Willis are too slow. Truman got to the right spot A LOT but my goodness he needs to lean how to tackle. We have the parts...hopefully we piece it all together by the 18th.

PS, I thought our kickoff coverage was absolutely awesome. Tanking is a freak out there.

I wish our defensive chart would look like this come Auburn:

CB-McDaniel
CB-Evans (anyone but Burns)
Nickel - Prewett
S- Green
S- Barnett
MLB- Derricot
OLB- Riddle
DE- Mueller
DT- Britz
DT- Clink
DE- Anyone but Willis...Bryant? Dowling? Wood?

Hell, I think we need to get Mike Moore back on the field, too. Elijah Lee deserves a shot at OLB instead of only getting in on obvious passing situation 3rd downs. It's not fair to put him against the LT every time he's in. That kid can move in space and needs to be out there.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2014, 04:58:17 PM »
Burns  :ROFL: :ROFL:

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2014, 05:01:29 PM »
??

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2014, 05:01:45 PM »
Truman will play better vs. Auburn.

It's like when you hit a bullseye in darts...and the guy you're playing starts hitting bullseyes. Its infuriating. We'll be in Auburn's head so bad when we're playing toe-to-toe with them the entire night.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2014, 05:03:48 PM »
Truman will play better vs. Auburn.

It's like when you hit a bullseye in darts...and the guy you're playing starts hitting bullseyes. Its infuriating. We'll be in Auburn's head so bad when we're playing toe-to-toe with them the entire night.

I sure hope so. Like I said, he was in the right place a lot. How different that game could have looked had we smashed the QB or RB in the backfield instead of completely wiffing. The punt coverage should be figured out before the Auburn game and I hope the tackling is too.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2014, 05:06:21 PM »
Guys, I've heard from numerous ITK sources that our guys are just absolutely whiped out from Bill working them so hard this year. FWIW (a lot becuase the sources are gold), Bill has been kicking their ass since fall camp started to a level none of our players have experienced before and hasn't let up even the couple days before a game.

Will Bill keep this up until the Auburn game? Will we be fresh and all of a sudden get a consistent push up front? I sure hope so.

Thoughts?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2014, 08:43:57 PM »
my thought is that I've never been too tired to play in a big game but if I was some unathletic eff who never played a minute of organized sports I might think that there's something to be worried about

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.