Author Topic: Hey Married Guys and Guys Living w/ GFs  (Read 8414 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Hey Married Guys and Guys Living w/ GFs
« on: April 09, 2010, 12:00:09 AM »
How is it living with your significant other?  Is it cool?  Do you ever want to just tell them to GTFOOYB so you can have the whole thing to yourself and sleep as you please?  Please advise, thinking about moving in with my girlfriend next year.  Seems like sharing my bed/bathroom/time/TV might get annoying after a while.  Does it?  

Perhaps I should consult the Kstatefans board instead because they're all so wicked old over there?  :dunno:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 06:47:36 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Married Guys and Guys Living w/ GFs
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 12:57:06 AM »
At first it's kinda awesome.  (Sex all the time!  Whenever you go to bed, whenever you shower, whenever you catch her off guard  :excited:)
Then it's kinda lame.  (WTF I need my space!) and.. (No, I can't pay your half of rent, and No, you can't eat my favorite food.  It's mine.   :curse:)
At that point one of two things happens:  Either you start getting along great again and stay with them long term, or you realize it's not gonna work out and move on.

Sleeping isn't a real big deal FYI.  But do yourself a favor and get a queen size or so so you can roll over without falling out of bed.

What is a big deal is the bathroom.  She will inevitably drop a deuce in your vicinity for the first time.  Be prepared.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 01:19:58 AM »
I love it. It's pretty much living with your best friend (I have a pass to be cheesy on this post, right?)

Must establish time to be by yourself. I use all this time to check goEMAW, but to each his own.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 06:56:17 AM »
Be sure you never plan on breaking up.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 07:10:58 AM »
One time my girlfriend's parents were out of town and I stayed over at her house until, like, 3AM.   :gocho:

Offline 1/64th

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 07:11:42 AM »
At first the sleep situation really sucked cuz i was used to having an entire queen bed to myself and sleeping diagonally on it.  Then suddenly she was taking up half of the bed.  But now (6 yrs later) I'm used to it.  In fact, this week my wife and kids are out visiting the in-laws in Beautiful Boulder, CO and I'm finding myself sleeping much worse than normal, simply because Mrs. 1/64th is not in the bed with me.  I know, pretty lame.  As far as TV, bathroom etc, it's not that bad.  You'll watch a little HGTV and grow to tolerate it.  Just make sure she's a huge K-State/whatever else you like (or make her one) and you'll be fine.  Good luck SB.   :cheers:

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 08:43:26 AM »
just wait till she brings the speakerphone into the bathroom while you're taking a shower and chit chats with her girlfriends.  I know they can't see me or anything, but it just feels awkward.

or you wake up in the middle of the night after she punches you in the arm, yelling at you because she had a dream in which you were banging some skank from your office. then you fall back asleep and dream about banging a skank from the office, but it's the ugly one and not the cute one she was yelling at you about.   

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 08:47:14 AM »
Getting married or even shacking up sounds kinda horrible after most of these, d00dz.  Any experiences moving in together and then breaking up?  I think that's prob. every guy's fear, and it's probably horrible.   :ohno:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 08:51:02 AM »
Getting married or even shacking up sounds kinda horrible after most of these, d00dz.  Any experiences moving in together and then breaking up?  I think that's prob. every guy's fear, and it's probably horrible.   :ohno:

got that one too.  Lived with a GF right after college.  She became a controlling freak and we finally broke up. Unfortunately we were both on the lease, and she had nowhere to go, and I was not giving her the place.  I slept on the couch for the last 4 months of the lease and we just avoided each other. Got a new place and she moved to some slum and begged me to let her live with me again.  Told her to GTFOOMF.  Funny thing is, she started dating this other guy while we were still living together. He ended up dumping her and became friends with me instead.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 08:59:17 AM »

got that one too.  Lived with a GF right after college.  She became a controlling freak and we finally broke up. Unfortunately we were both on the lease, and she had nowhere to go, and I was not giving her the place.  I slept on the couch for the last 4 months of the lease and we just avoided each other. Got a new place and she moved to some slum and begged me to let her live with me again.  Told her to GTFOOMF.  Funny thing is, she started dating this other guy while we were still living together. He ended up dumping her and became friends with me instead.

If your first name is Dusty, i might know you  :ohno:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 09:08:33 AM »
Getting married or even shacking up sounds kinda horrible after most of these, d00dz.  Any experiences moving in together and then breaking up?  I think that's prob. every guy's fear, and it's probably horrible.   :ohno:

got that one too.  Lived with a GF right after college.  She became a controlling freak and we finally broke up. Unfortunately we were both on the lease, and she had nowhere to go, and I was not giving her the place.  I slept on the couch for the last 4 months of the lease and we just avoided each other. Got a new place and she moved to some slum and begged me to let her live with me again.  Told her to GTFOOMF.  Funny thing is, she started dating this other guy while we were still living together. He ended up dumping her and became friends with me instead.

If your first name is Dusty, i might know you  :ohno:

:surprised:    <---I absolutely cannot stop using this amazing emoticon, btw.  Don't know if it's good enough to replace :fiesta:, but for now it's fracking amazing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 09:10:44 AM »
:surprised:    <---I absolutely cannot stop using this amazing emoticon, btw.  Don't know if it's good enough to replace :fiesta:, but for now it's fracking amazing.

Stole it from TexAgs.  They haven't threatened to sue us yet.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 09:13:01 AM »

If your first name is Dusty, i might know you  :ohno:

Nope, not Dusty.  and I might steal  :surprised: for my forum too...

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 09:13:29 AM »
Nope, not Dusty.  and I might steal  :surprised: for my forum too...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  NOW YOU WILL BE SUED!!!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 09:16:12 AM »

Used to use it during my days on msn messenger. Ahhh...good times.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 09:17:52 AM »

If they sue, we should have a trial preparation bonfire the night before the trial.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 09:34:35 AM »
how many people do i have to kill in the back to get the blue :woot: guy over to this dump?

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 09:37:15 AM »
Just get a dog or a really smart fat cat. 

How are you going to bring sluts home to bang if you're living with your GF or... Heaven forbid... MARRIED?
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 09:48:46 AM »
Just get a dog or a really smart fat cat. 

How are you going to bring sluts home to bang if you're living with your GF or... Heaven forbid... MARRIED?

:confused:

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 10:11:58 AM »
Definitely invest in a king size bed.  Unless you are both midgets, sleeping will suck without one.  And, as someone else mentioned, make it clear to her that you will both set aside your own personal time.  If not, you'll get sick of each other pretty quickly.  That's key.  Do those things and it's pretty enjoyable.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 10:17:27 AM »
Like others said, personal time is key. If you can't go to the basement to shoot some faces in video games, then don't even think about it. Also, does she cook? And more importantly, does she cook well?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 10:34:52 AM »
Good cook and has enjoyed or at least tolerated watching KhazzouKhatz games with me.  But having a lady in the bed makes it hard for me to sleep and I don't know if I'll ever get over that.  My personal time will be spent BBSing, obviously, which she can never know about because I start threads like these sometimes.   :peek:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 11:10:39 AM by SkinnyBenny »

catzacker

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 10:43:21 AM »
Girls are awesome.  Really, really awesome.  But disgusting as well.  Did you know that they poop and fart and belch?  I didn't.  Also, TV dominance needs to be established quickly.  

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »
i did this.  was fun at first then she always wanted to stay in and not go out then would get mad when i would go out then started accusing me of flirting with other girls (WTF) and then became really controlling then we would fight all the time and yell then i moved out and broke up b/c it was lame and then moved in with my bud.  she was hot though.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 12:03:28 PM »
Personally, I love it. But my wife's pretty cool. Is your GF cool?  :dunno:

Also, we have a king-size bed. Maybe that helps?

TIP: Don't go to the gym together. It will just piss everybody off.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."