Author Topic: TallCats  (Read 12452 times)

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
TallCats
« on: August 07, 2014, 09:25:06 AM »
I am of extremely average height, however Fedor Jr. is turning out to be freakishly tall.  He just turned 13 and is over 6'1".  This is entirely due to Mrs. Fedor's side of the family, she is in the 97th percentile and even has a seven footer in the family tree.  This the place where all you other genetic mishaps get to chime in on the ins and outs of lording over the masses from on high. 
Things I am interested in hearing about;
When you first touched the rim, first dunked, height at comparable age to Fedor Jr. and where you ended up, etc., etc, etc.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: TallCats
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »
tall people are such clowns. put them in a circus tent and pay to see them.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 09:29:06 AM »
There's several benefits of being tall. First, the fillies are going to love him. You better have a talk with him ASAP about the birds and the bee's. Also, ppl are always asking me to grab stuff on the top shelf for them. Also, I dunked a womens bball when I was 17. Also, he'll have a lot of advantages in sports. Make him a pitcher ASAP.

Negatives: Car rides, too tall! Clothing can get exspensive. Nothing fits right. Just because I wear a large, doesn't mean the sleeves will fit me at a normal store.  :cry:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 09:29:43 AM »
Also, sporting events and concerts, he'll see everything.  :D

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 09:33:28 AM »
I was also almost exactly 6'1'' at that age. Ended up a little over 6'3''. People ask how I got so tall and I just say hard work and apple juice.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 09:33:50 AM »
Being tall is awesome as F.

Clothes/shoes can be a pain to find like WC08 mentioned.

Atleast twice a year when I am in a rush getting dressed in the morning I will put my hand in the running ceiling fan, which is not a good time.

Finding a right sized little spoon is pretty rough too.
:dance:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 09:34:16 AM »
Get ready cuz your kid is probably gonna have a pretty amazing life.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 09:34:53 AM »
I mean, unless you screw it up.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 09:35:07 AM »

Atleast twice a year when I am in a rush getting dressed in the morning I will put my hand in the running ceiling fan, which is not a good time.

yeah man. that all does sound pretty awesome as F.  :flush:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 09:38:41 AM »
Also, short guys with small man syndrome really rough ridin' hate tall guys for some reason. Like they have this massive inferiority complex. It's pretty entertaining to watch them at the bars get all riled up.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 09:38:56 AM »
Yes, I can already tell being tall is the best thing ever in the history of the world.  The birds and the bees talk has already happened, the girls cannot help themselves.  He has girls two grades older than him chasing him.  Clothes are a huge PITA, should we shop online or what?  We can never find anything that fits.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 09:39:47 AM »
sd jr. is off the chart for height but they say it's 99th percentile. I argue with the pediatrician that since he's off the charts he should be 100%+ percentile but he says thats impossible. he gives 110% at being tall every day. it's you that isn't giving 100% doc. I'm only 6' so he'll prolly slip into double digits height % soon though. unless he has that gland issue that makes you george muresan tall  :crossfingers:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 09:41:09 AM »
there was a time not too long ago where one of my kids was like 80% height and 20% weight. do the math on that one.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 09:42:12 AM »
Just hold on tight cuz it's gonna be one amazing ride. White (i'm assuming), tall, and born in America; there go all the excuses to not be amazing.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 09:42:20 AM »
sd jr. is off the chart for height but they say it's 99th percentile. I argue with the pediatrician that since he's off the charts he should be 100%+ percentile but he says thats impossible. he gives 110% at being tall every day. it's you that isn't giving 100% doc. I'm only 6' so he'll prolly slip into double digits height % soon though. unless he has that gland issue that makes you george muresan tall  :crossfingers:

I hear this a lot about babies and I suspect we may have a problem with our charts.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 09:42:46 AM »
there was a time not too long ago where one of my kids was like 80% height and 20% weight. do the math on that one.
How is Stick Daris, doing now?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 09:43:41 AM »
How is Stick Daris, doing now?

probably more like 50% and 20%

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 09:43:57 AM »

That's like what everybody is around a certain age. There most be a huge amount of short fat people hidden somewhere.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 09:45:40 AM »

I hear this a lot about babies and I suspect we may have a problem with our charts.

yeah, you look at the charts and a normal 6 year old can't ride most of the good disney world rides. meanwile 15 month old sdjr is the size of an average 4 year old and will be on space mountain in december at current growth rates.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 09:46:05 AM »
Just hold on tight cuz it's gonna be one amazing ride. White (i'm assuming), tall, and born in America; there go all the excuses to not be amazing.
I'm am worried that he is only like a one or two heart player but maybe it doesn't matter.  If he keeps growing he can be a total lazy ass goofball and still end up a CEO somewhere.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 09:47:17 AM »
But it's like any time I hear some mom brag about their baby being "off the charts" I want to scream "THEN WE NEED NEW CHARTS!!!"

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 09:49:25 AM »

Oh man... I stuck my hand in the ceiling fan trying to sneak out of a skan... fillie's room early in the morning without waking her up.  Also, she her fan was filthy... rained dust bunnies down all over her and effed up her fan balance. 

Whoops... 6'4" dude coming through..
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 09:50:53 AM »
I'm am worried that he is only like a one or two heart player but maybe it doesn't matter.  If he keeps growing he can be a total lazy ass goofball and still end up a CEO somewhere.

It's really hard to give 5 hearts when you are a tall skinny teenage dude. I mean, the world is being thrown at your feet and they expect you to care about anything?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 09:51:17 AM »
But it's like any time I hear some mom brag about their baby being "off the charts" I want to scream "THEN WE NEED NEW CHARTS!!!"

Yeah, the charts are mumped

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 09:51:55 AM »

Oh man... I stuck my hand in the ceiling fan trying to sneak out of a skan... fillie's room early in the morning without waking her up.  Also, she her fan was filthy... rained dust bunnies down all over her and effed up her fan balance. 

Whoops... 6'4" dude coming through..

Yep. 6'5 here. I love being able to see everything when in a crowd. I also love being a beacon for people looking for me. I just flail my arms around to go even higher! (~81" wingspan :sdeek:)
:dance: