Author Topic: Tiger's back  (Read 42789 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger's back
« Reply #550 on: April 06, 2022, 09:52:24 AM »
Kind of bummed that Phil has crap the bed so badly recently.

I mean, a PR expert needed to pull that dipshit aside and given him a stern talking to.

I suppose it will be an interesting weekend watching the younger soulless bots play, I suppose.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 06, 2022, 10:10:50 AM »
Found it, the 3/29 PTI. It was today’s PTI that reminded me of it.

Quote from: wilbon talking about walking generally, not tiger
It’s unbelievable the hills and how difficult it is to walk augusta national.

I’m aware tiger will have a harder time than other golfers with walking. Wilbon made it sound like completing the masters is tougher than TJ’s Final.

Tune in to see if Tiger is killing it

Both have cuts/eliminations.  It should be a thing where after rounds 1 or 3, the remaining contestants have to spend the night outside standing on a box or in a snake pit.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 06, 2022, 11:46:51 AM »
if those old past champs can walk it, tiger can.

Are you talking about the ceremonial starters? They don't walk the course. They get carted to and from the first tee box and only hit the drive, they don't even play the hole.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 06, 2022, 11:25:59 PM »
A course that, it looks pristine, but also apparently is a massive challenge for anybody to walk in.

Golf pundit guest then confirms and proceeds to lay out how it goes uphill and then downhill and then uphill and then downhill, and so on.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-the-furness-show-25723929/episode/bob-casper-of-real-golf-radio-95202427/

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: April 06, 2022, 11:36:34 PM »
I'm going to watch Tiger just to scrutinize his walking ability, not for the golf.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 06, 2022, 11:38:57 PM »
A course that, it looks pristine, but also apparently is a massive challenge for anybody to walk in.

Golf pundit guest then confirms and proceeds to lay out how it goes uphill and then downhill and then uphill and then downhill, and so on.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-the-furness-show-25723929/episode/bob-casper-of-real-golf-radio-95202427/

Why is this the hill (p intended) you want to die on? People are talking about it because the GOAT almost lost his right leg a year ago. It isn't problematic for other folks. This schtick of yours is dumb.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 06, 2022, 11:56:07 PM »

Why is this the hill (p intended) you want to die on? People are talking about it because the GOAT almost lost his right leg a year ago. It isn't problematic for other folks. This schtick of yours is dumb.

I think that golf people observe that regular people paying attention this week because tiger’s back and are using his unique situation to attempt to talk up their sport as physically challenging, and it’s funny.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 07, 2022, 08:07:56 AM »
 :jerk:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 07, 2022, 10:43:28 AM »

I think that golf people observe that regular people paying attention this week because tiger’s back and are using his unique situation to attempt to talk up their sport as physically challenging, and it’s funny.

For him, challenging for him. Weird that you seem to be missing that whole part of the conversation.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 07, 2022, 11:08:39 AM »

For him, challenging for him. Weird that you seem to be missing that whole part of the conversation.

No.  You keep saying that while I'm telling you and showing you that they're talking about it being challenging for everyone.  Like right here in my most recent words you quoted and that I provided the audio of.  I should've put the corresponding emphasis in my original quote.

Same for the 3/29 PTI I referenced earlier.  https://www.espn.com/radio/play/_/id/33625229/_/s/espn

I'm aware that the subject is coming up at all this year because of tiger and his legs. 

Anyway, it's funny, for the original reasons and now the defensiveness. 

I'll check back here later to see if anyone quit or died in today's grueling walk/golf.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 07, 2022, 12:19:35 PM »
the masters (and only the masters) should allow participants to use a vehicle of transport around the course- but not a golf cart.  it would have to be something equally challenging and dangerous as walking.  like they could ride a camel, or a segway blindfolded), or a regular bicycle but with one flat tire, roller skates on grass, backwards piggyback on sibling, etc.  the caddy doesn’t get to help him in any way.

the golfers would have to pick walking or their mode of transport before round 1, if they quit the mode of transport, they must drop from the tournament.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 07, 2022, 01:06:57 PM »
Hoverboard, but with strategy as to how often and when it can be recharged, like fuel pit stops in car races.

Is it against the rules currently to lay down and roll downhill via gravity, cutting the walk distance up to 50%?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 07, 2022, 01:38:33 PM »
He’s the entire game of golf. Nobody ever has or ever will come close. He’s single handedly carrying the game.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 07, 2022, 01:46:20 PM »
It’s really weird, but it’s true
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 07, 2022, 01:54:25 PM »

No.  You keep saying that while I'm telling you and showing you that they're talking about it being challenging for everyone.  Like right here in my most recent words you quoted and that I provided the audio of.  I should've put the corresponding emphasis in my original quote.

Same for the 3/29 PTI I referenced earlier.  https://www.espn.com/radio/play/_/id/33625229/_/s/espn

I'm aware that the subject is coming up at all this year because of tiger and his legs. 

Anyway, it's funny, for the original reasons and now the defensiveness. 

I'll check back here later to see if anyone quit or died in today's grueling walk/golf.

Players quit all the time because they aren't physically able to complete their round, it happens virtually every week. Casey Martin and John Daly both had very famous cases about using golf carts because they couldn't walk the course.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 07, 2022, 02:25:12 PM »
Casey Martin and John Daly both had very famous cases about using golf carts because they couldn't walk the course.

Yes, I remember, and those were other good examples of golf people's stances that walking and the physicality of doing so are big elements of the sport.  Similarly amusing.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 07, 2022, 03:54:07 PM »
Great round by Tiger. I was wrong, let's see how he recovers tonight.

First time watching Scottie Scheffler and I can't stand watching that dude, slower than crap.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 07, 2022, 03:58:08 PM »
the masters (and only the masters) should allow participants to use a vehicle of transport around the course- but not a golf cart.  it would have to be something equally challenging and dangerous as walking.  like they could ride a camel, or a segway blindfolded), or a regular bicycle but with one flat tire, roller skates on grass, backwards piggyback on sibling, etc.  the caddy doesn’t get to help him in any way.

the golfers would have to pick walking or their mode of transport before round 1, if they quit the mode of transport, they must drop from the tournament.

I think they should be allowed to use whatever form of transportation that they choose, but that they should not be able to get off of or out of their transportation to hit the ball. So if you are on horseback, you're bringing your polo clubs.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 07, 2022, 06:21:07 PM »
Great round by Tiger. I was wrong, let's see how he recovers tonight.

First time watching Scottie Scheffler and I can't stand watching that dude, slower than crap.
He’s being smart about it on Par 5’s. He use to go for it on the second shot, but he’s playing safe now and approaching it differently due to his leg. I don’t think non golfers know how much legs you use when hitting. It’s half the game. Hence the stamina of walking too, after having your main leg crushed.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: April 07, 2022, 07:40:13 PM »
I had a masters streaming tab open at work just because of Tiger. The last time I sat down and watched more than 1 hr of golf was when he won the masters a couple of years back.

As SD said, Tiger is golf and has been for the last 20 years.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 08, 2022, 07:29:26 AM »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 08, 2022, 08:10:38 AM »
OK even i think that one is a bit ridiculous. Assuming her fellow Swedes back home would mock her for that one
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 08, 2022, 08:47:21 AM »
over half the golfers in the field have frostbite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 08, 2022, 09:23:07 AM »
It’s going to be in the 60’s today in Augusta.   It’s going to be in the upper 50’s tomorrow and back in the 70’s on Sunday.   

All that said.  I think playing golf at that level for 4 walking rounds is a physical challenge. 

The mental component wears on the physical component as well IMO