Author Topic: Tiger's back  (Read 43237 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger's back
« Reply #528 on: March 30, 2022, 09:48:02 AM »
We're going to see a watered down version of him. I wish he'd rest up instead. He's not ready for these dudes out there right now.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 30, 2022, 10:04:57 AM »
We're going to see a watered down version of him. I wish he'd rest up instead. He's not ready for these dudes out there right now.
Have you considered getting out of my rough ridin' face?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 30, 2022, 10:07:54 AM »
 :lol:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 05, 2022, 11:13:46 PM »
I don't play or watch golf, so it's been amusing to me to hear commentators talk about how the challenge of this will be if he can walk the course, with it coming off to me as that walking is a more arduous physical/athletic endeavor than the actual playing of golf.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 05, 2022, 11:21:04 PM »
I don't play or watch golf, so it's been amusing to me to hear commentators talk about how the challenge of this will be if he can walk the course, with it coming off to me as that walking is a more arduous physical/athletic endeavor than the actual playing of golf.

People are saying that because Tiger himself said the state of his recovery is such that the golf shots don't hurt but walking long distances does (paraphrasing). Seems weird that that would be the case, but apparently it is. Also, Augusta National is very hilly, so that makes the walking more taxing. If you ask this Tigerhead, the PGA should allow him to use a cart (not gonna happen).

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 05, 2022, 11:32:42 PM »

People are saying that because Tiger himself said the state of his recovery is such that the golf shots don't hurt but walking long distances does (paraphrasing). Seems weird that that would be the case, but apparently it is. Also, Augusta National is very hilly, so that makes the walking more taxing. If you ask this Tigerhead, the PGA should allow him to use a cart (not gonna happen).

Yes, they definitely talk a lot about how it's harder than walking on a flat surface, and that adds to my lol.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 05, 2022, 11:48:52 PM »

Yes, they definitely talk a lot about how it's harder than walking on a flat surface, and that adds to my lol.

My quick math says the course itself is 4.3 miles long. I could see how it could be a problem doing that for 2-4 straight days, considering he almost had to have his right leg amputated a little over a year ago. A golf swing, especially at an elite level, does put stress on various parts of the body, but not so much on the lower legs.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 06, 2022, 12:00:48 AM »
PTI today was pretty tiger-specific with respect to how grueling walking is.  I can't remember the other shows (maybe podcasts?) last week where they were talking about how hard walking is for everyone.

Good luck to all of these folks in their 4 4-mile walks (with elevation!) with about 72 breaks each day.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 06, 2022, 12:16:00 AM »
TIGER IS rough ridin' PLAYING FUCKERS!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 06, 2022, 01:41:46 AM »
PTI today was pretty tiger-specific with respect to how grueling walking is.  I can't remember the other shows (maybe podcasts?) last week where they were talking about how hard walking is for everyone.

Good luck to all of these folks in their 4 4-mile walks (with elevation!) with about 72 breaks each day.

I don't play or watch golf
This whole thing is clearly trim trimming but for the record

Woods’ injuries included comminuted open fractures to both his tibia and fibula bones in his right leg. Those required immediate surgery at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center before he was subsequently transferred to Cedars Sinai and, finally, back to South Florida in mid-March to continue his rehab from home. Still unclear is whether additional procedures will be necessary, or if Woods can expect to regain full mobility and strength in his leg.
Though surgeons managed to save his right leg after considering amputation, his injuries — including compound fractures that pierced the skin — suggested he would be lucky to walk again, let alone play golf.
Woods’ injury list reads like a medical encyclopedia: five back surgeries, ruptured anterior cruciate ligaments, torn Achilles’ tendons, surgeries to remove benign growths from his troublesome left knee.

I once had to quit a round with sciatica and I had a cart. I couldn't imagine doing this. I don't think he has a chance in hell of making it though two rounds and if he manages to do that, something he had trouble doing before 2019, no shot at making the cut. I'll enjoy watching until he inevitably WDs though.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 06, 2022, 02:01:28 AM »
Found it, the 3/29 PTI. It was today’s PTI that reminded me of it.

Quote from: wilbon talking about walking generally, not tiger
It’s unbelievable the hills and how difficult it is to walk augusta national.

I’m aware tiger will have a harder time than other golfers with walking. Wilbon made it sound like completing the masters is tougher than TJ’s Final.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: April 06, 2022, 04:13:23 AM »
if those old past champs can walk it, tiger can.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 06, 2022, 06:55:54 AM »
How sad is the state of golf right now that Tigers crippled ass moves the needle. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 06, 2022, 08:39:05 AM »
i kind of completely blacked out that he had to be jaws of life'd out of his own vehicle

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 06, 2022, 08:44:06 AM »
How sad is the state of golf right now that Tigers crippled ass moves the needle.
“How sad is the state of golf all time” is what you meant. Tiger IS golf. Nobody else is ever watching this or ever has. God damn it’s so horny with tho.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 06, 2022, 08:45:43 AM »
Tiger is half metal at this point in his life. Between his back and legs, etc. The tork and force he uses to hit the ball the way he does, takes a toll. He's also 46. If he makes it to the weekend, that's 72 holes over the course of 4 days. He's going against a whole new generation of young studs as well, but go off, king!

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 06, 2022, 08:57:39 AM »
“How sad is the state of golf all time” is what you meant. Tiger IS golf. Nobody else is ever watching this or ever has. God damn it’s so horny with tho.

The Nicklaus era was exciting but between that and Tiger it was a big old fat dump. Hopefully Charlie can carry the torch.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 06, 2022, 08:59:40 AM »
We've had Brooks, Spieth, JT, and others. It hasn't been that bad, people just want a dominant god to watch.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 06, 2022, 09:38:44 AM »
Found it, the 3/29 PTI. It was today’s PTI that reminded me of it.

Quote from: wilbon talking about walking generally, not tiger
It’s unbelievable the hills and how difficult it is to walk augusta national.

I’m aware tiger will have a harder time than other golfers with walking. Wilbon made it sound like completing the masters is tougher than TJ’s Final.

Tune in to see if Tiger is killing it

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 06, 2022, 09:49:02 AM »
We've had Brooks, Spieth, JT, and others. It hasn't been that bad, people just want a dominant god to watch.
Nobody has heard of any of those losers

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 06, 2022, 09:49:52 AM »
tork  :D