Author Topic: Texas Football is hurting  (Read 48505 times)

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Texas Football is hurting
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2014, 12:07:59 AM »
Take note, Auburn  :shakesfist:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 12:11:20 AM by bucket »

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2014, 12:12:39 AM »
now he has an excuse to suck for a while. brilliant.
emaw

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2014, 12:22:58 AM »
now he has an excuse to suck for a while. brilliant.
Or not. "His guys" will be playing sooner, thus putting it on him :dunno:

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2014, 07:30:41 AM »
Is Strong going to Turner Gill Texas?  I feel like it will be one extreme or the other.
Macks mumped texas since 2010. It's going to take a few years to cut the fat that butter teeth had on the team.

the end product will be successful. no more juice bars and orange slices. Strong will field a team right away that wont win them all...but hopefully you'll remember playing Texas.
titletown..lulz

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2014, 08:38:37 AM »
talking bad about Mack doesn't fly around here NDLolly >:-(

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2014, 08:40:51 AM »
Mack was/is just the best and got a raw deal IMO.

But ya know, Strong sings high praise of our LHCBS.   

The issue that I see is that Texas has a lot of clingers, and big cigars, and Texas H.S. coaches all think they're the Flying Spaghetti Monster's gift to football and . . . can a personality like Strong handle it???

But my prediction for the entirety of major conference D1 football in Texas over the next few yeas is:  With the exception of maybe Baylor it will be giant pile of mediocrity which will mirror the final days of the SWC.

aTm is gonna fall back, and that's why I would suggest to my friends in the construction and architecture industry to be getting progress payments, if not cash money up front.   Because they'll have 20,000 empty seats at Made Up Championships Stadium and Various Other Re-Writings of History Stadium/Kyle Field. 

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 08:50:37 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Texas Football is hurting
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2014, 08:51:33 AM »
Jeremy Crabtree (friend of goEMAW), was on BITB the other day talking about recruiting, the topic strayed to Charlie Strong and Texas.  Crabtree, who is typically very subtle about any criticism, was very clear that Texas high school coaches are NOT responding well to Charlie Strong.  They don't like him.  Crabtree seemed quite convinced of this.  He then pointed out that aTm and Sumlin ARE well received by Texas HS coaches.

Then, you have Charlie Strong at Big 12 media days take some random question and seemingly absurdly go into a long winded tangential statement about how great Texas high school coaches, and how he loves them so much.

I immediately thought, "that dude is mumped."  I don't see Charlie Strong winning at Texas.  He's getting out recruited, when he has every advantage in the world.  There is NO way Texas fans accept being like Kansas State, where they are forced to ignore recruiting rankings.  Won't work.  They won't accept it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 08:55:40 AM by Pete »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2014, 08:58:42 AM »
I hear ya Pete.

But then I go look at Texas' commit list and while it wasn't filled up a year in advance like it was under Mack, and didn't quite have as many stars as Mack got.

They're still getting guys with huge offer lists from high major schools.    The QB they got out of NM has an offer list a mile long.    Even the "3 star" guys all had offers from four and five Big Five conference schools.

Sorry, but until aTm actually fields a defense I see nothing but 7-5 in their future and by that time Sumlin will be off to the NFL . . . IMO.

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2014, 09:21:26 AM »
If only OU and TX players had morals like #life

Daniel #LiFE Sams @DS4ms  ·  13h
Dudes really beating up they girls now? Wth college football coming too man smh.

also, CJ Reese

C.j. Reese @cj_reese  ·  14h
Damn The Big12 Is Looking Bad Right Now With All This Breaking News !

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2014, 10:24:37 AM »
talking bad about Mack doesn't fly around here NDLolly >:-(
Ha yea wonder why.

Of course Texas hs coaches like rumlin. Free booze every visit!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

titletown..lulz

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2014, 10:24:58 AM »
Texas football is hurting others.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2014, 11:21:16 AM »
I hear ya Pete.

But then I go look at Texas' commit list and while it wasn't filled up a year in advance like it was under Mack, and didn't quite have as many stars as Mack got.

They're still getting guys with huge offer lists from high major schools.    The QB they got out of NM has an offer list a mile long.    Even the "3 star" guys all had offers from four and five Big Five conference schools.

Sorry, but until aTm actually fields a defense I see nothing but 7-5 in their future and by that time Sumlin will be off to the NFL . . . IMO.

I'm not saying aTm is going to be good, I'm just saying that I believe that UT get really pissed if they have to consistently watch the highest ranked players go elsewhere.   

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2014, 11:24:13 AM »
If only OU and TX players had morals like #life

Daniel #LiFE Sams @DS4ms  ·  13h
Dudes really beating up they girls now? Wth college football coming too man smh.

fybs

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2014, 11:50:14 AM »
I hear ya Pete.

I'm not saying aTm is going to be good, I'm just saying that I believe that UT get really pissed if they have to consistently watch the highest ranked players go elsewhere.   

TX recruiting is absolute hot garbage right now.  by UT standards.  very disappointing.  #32 rivals class, behind 8 SEC schools.  9 commits from TX Top 100 (1 from top 25).  A&M has 15 commits from TX Top 100 (7 from top 25).  Back in 2010, UT had 15 of the TX Top 25, 7 of the Top 10.  UT is the 3rd or 4th best program in TX right now.  Behind A&M and Baylor and about even with TCU.  I can envision 7-5 seasons from A&M.  sure.  But, if they keep recruiting well, I can see 8-4 and 9-3 seasons becoming pretty routine down there.  As long as Briles and his new stadium keep producing, I can see them being a consistent 8-4, 9-3, top half of the B12 caliber program.  OU isn't going anywhere. 

Long story short, Strong has the resources to turn it around in 1 season.  TX is a program that should have a top-10 recruiting class every year and should win the state of TX every year.  If they've not regained this status in 3 years, Strong's history.   

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2014, 03:54:20 PM »
lets tap the brakes here. LOL.

Strong has a crap ton of work to turn around. Getting the cancers out, no more self entitlement roles, no orange slices and gummy bears after blow outs.

Texas fans wont be holding him to a pedestal right away...we know there's a load of work to be done. Mack buried this program for years. Strongs got his work cut out for him, at least his history shows he's turned programs around before.
titletown..lulz

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2014, 04:06:49 PM »
Guys, bill's standard of not signing a bunch of kids early could work out well.  Just sit back and grab all the guys Charlie Strongarms out the door.  Poor youngsters just need a solid mentor and a family environment. 

Also, if you are cut from a team, do in confy transfer rules apply?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2014, 04:37:47 PM »
I hear ya Pete.

TX recruiting is absolute hot garbage right now.  by UT standards.  very disappointing.  #32 rivals class, behind 8 SEC schools.  9 commits from TX Top 100 (1 from top 25).  A&M has 15 commits from TX Top 100 (7 from top 25).  Back in 2010, UT had 15 of the TX Top 25, 7 of the Top 10.  UT is the 3rd or 4th best program in TX right now.  Behind A&M and Baylor and about even with TCU.  I can envision 7-5 seasons from A&M.  sure.  But, if they keep recruiting well, I can see 8-4 and 9-3 seasons becoming pretty routine down there.  As long as Briles and his new stadium keep producing, I can see them being a consistent 8-4, 9-3, top half of the B12 caliber program.  OU isn't going anywhere. 

Long story short, Strong has the resources to turn it around in 1 season.  TX is a program that should have a top-10 recruiting class every year and should win the state of TX every year.  If they've not regained this status in 3 years, Strong's history.   

Mack would just take the Texas 100 list and then went and started offering.    The stories about the lack of scouting, lack of film work, just take a list, bring in a bunch of 4 and 5 star kids on visits, love all over them and then offer abound.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2014, 05:12:52 PM »
lets tap the brakes here. LOL.

Strong has a crap ton of work to turn around. Getting the cancers out, no more self entitlement roles, no orange slices and gummy bears after blow outs.

Texas fans wont be holding him to a pedestal right away...we know there's a load of work to be done. Mack buried this program for years. Strongs got his work cut out for him, at least his history shows he's turned programs around before.

Sub out Mack for mangino and strong for gill and you have yourself an exact replica of a 2010 beems talking point.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2014, 05:31:08 PM »
Great post dubdub2

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Re: Texas Problems
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2014, 07:30:47 PM »
Along the same line...OU 5-star FR RB Joe Mixon, expected to push to starting job, supposedly punched a girl in the face at Campus Corner last night.

bears are fast...

Offline millertime

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Texas Problems
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2014, 07:41:39 PM »
Along the same line...OU 5-star FR RB Joe Mixon, expected to push to starting job, supposedly punched a girl in the face at Campus Corner last night.

:sdeek:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2014, 09:39:45 PM »
I really wish stoops was at texas instead of ou
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire