Author Topic: Earliest Memories  (Read 4050 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Earliest Memories
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 09:46:28 PM »
pre school, 4 or 5

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 09:48:38 PM »

Breaking my arm at 18 months. Remember it happening, remember driving to the hospital and remember later having the caste removed (terrifying saw of death).

You're lying.

This is the response I always get. You're lying, you made up the memory later, that's impossible. I submit to you, sir, that it is the truth.
:bs:

If anyone else calls me a liar, I will end his throat. Remember that.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 09:50:30 PM »
i remember the switch from 1989 to 1990 on paper headings.  so like 20?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 09:52:01 PM »

Breaking my arm at 18 months. Remember it happening, remember driving to the hospital and remember later having the caste removed (terrifying saw of death).

You're lying.

This is the response I always get. You're lying, you made up the memory later, that's impossible. I submit to you, sir, that it is the truth.

liar
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 10:14:23 PM »
On the Sub-topic: I remember when I was probably 9-10ish, I went to what definitely wasn't my first Mountaineer game, but my first specifically memorable one.

WVU was hosting Maryland and dad didn't think about the fact that I was wearing black and red until we got to the Coliseum to park. I remember having to put on his jacket to cover up my shirt with the opposing teams colors. Looking back, Dad should have known better and put me in Gold and Blue at home. Sheesh, way to drop the ball DAD.  :rolleyes:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2014, 10:22:16 PM »
I have very clear intact memories starting from preschool and scattered weird vestigial memories from before that

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2014, 10:26:26 PM »
On the Sub-topic: I remember when I was probably 9-10ish, I went to what definitely wasn't my first Mountaineer game, but my first specifically memorable one.

WVU was hosting Maryland and dad didn't think about the fact that I was wearing black and red until we got to the Coliseum to park. I remember having to put on his jacket to cover up my shirt with the opposing teams colors. Looking back, Dad should have known better and put me in Gold and Blue at home. Sheesh, way to drop the ball DAD.  :rolleyes:
yeah most people would probably not give a eff because you are a kid

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2014, 10:29:16 PM »
I was in the hospital when I was a little younger than 3. Only memory I have from that was my older sister brought me a pound puppy to make me feel better.

Earliest Sports memory:
When I was maybe 4 I remember being at a Royals game with my family and there was a foul ball hit that my sister got a hand on (one of those that bounces a bunch of times) and lost to some old lady. I just remember her being so mad. "Dad you should've tore her skin off!"

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2014, 11:15:22 PM »
2 years and 9 months. brother's baptism.

2 years and 10 months. broke my arm on my cousin's jungle gym. "daddy, it hurts :cry:" (i wanted my blanket guys. and my big bird doll.)

around this same general time frame, late 2 year old - early 3 year old, i remember riding on our horse as dad led her around the field.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2014, 11:26:15 PM »
My dad sold one of his cars right before I was three years old, I remember him washing that car in the driveway whilst I was running around the yard in my Pampers. Remember a few things from when I was three (birthday party, church, Cats game in Ahearn), and a solid timeline starts to form the summer after I turned four.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2014, 11:40:31 PM »

yeah most people would probably not give a eff because you are a kid

Probably. But this was Morgantown in the early 90's. Probably best not to take that chance back then.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 06:05:07 AM »
My mom reading to me when she was pregnant with my brother, so 3.

First K-State/sports memory was watching the Cats beat OU in basketball in '90.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2014, 06:14:09 AM »
First Chiefs:
Oct 1992, 4 years old: in the car with my family, listening to the Chiefs - Cowboys game. Didn't understand football, so of course I wanted the Cowboys to beat the Indians (which they did). Led to about 4 years as a Cowboys fan. :sdeek:
:adios:

Offline the_ugly_clown

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2014, 07:16:34 AM »
1st memory - 4years old Easter at my great Grandmas
1st Sport memory - 1988 summer olympics 5yoa
1st KSU game -1996 Tech game, 1st big12 game
1st Chief game - 9-7 KC win over Bo Jackson and the Raiders in 1990

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2014, 08:41:58 AM »

You're lying.

Not to curry your disfavor, Spracne, but I'm inclined to agree. I see no logical connection between a saw of death and your family losing its social status.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:47:22 AM by slimz »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2014, 08:44:10 AM »

You're lying.

Not to curry your disfavor, Spracne, but I'm inclined to agree. I see no logical connection between a saw of death and your family losing its social status.

:D

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2014, 08:46:24 AM »
teacup ride at disneyworld - age 20 months

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2014, 08:49:49 AM »
The smell of Käse Brötchen

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2014, 08:50:38 AM »
Being made fresh at the bakery down the road

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2014, 09:02:21 AM »
I remember that some other kid and I got in trouble for playing with matches at the babysitter's - that was before kindergarten, but I'm not sure what age exactly. Didn't go back to that babysitter.

I also remember another babysitter's where I bumped my head on the frame of a bunk bed and had to go get stitches. Man, my mom was terrible at picking out babysitters.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2014, 09:18:58 AM »
I can remember my mom crying on 4/21/1978. It was her birthday and the day her grandpa died.  I remember where I we were standing and what she said to me. It may also be the only time I ever saw my mom cry in front of me besides tearing up about a stupid movie or something.  I would have been 2 years and 9 months old. 

"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2014, 09:26:23 AM »
First sports memory:  my dad took  me to an Albuquerque Dukes game for my third birthday.  I remember he bought me a helmet with a logo on it.  The plastic grip thing on the inside poked my head and I hated it (but wore it anyway).  Also I felt like we sat waaaaaaaay up high and there were 100,000 people at this game, but looking at pics of the stadium now it's damn small.  I also remember that a few balls got fouled or hit into the parking lot and I was really concerned my dad's car would be hit and damaged.  Like really concerned.  Mostly because when we were little my dad told me and my sister we were the two siblings out of 13 that had survived.  All before us had scratched his car and he had killed them for it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2014, 09:33:39 AM »
Mostly because when we were little my dad told me and my sister we were the two siblings out of 13 that had survived.  All before us had scratched his car and he had killed them for it.

:sdeek:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2014, 09:35:10 AM »
Mostly because when we were little my dad told me and my sister we were the two siblings out of 13 that had survived.  All before us had scratched his car and he had killed them for it.

Picture like a Father of the Bride Steve Martin.  That's my dad.  His sarcasm was lost on 3 year old ears.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2014, 09:37:20 AM »

Picture like a Father of the Bride Steve Martin.  That's my dad.  His sarcasm was lost on 3 year old ears.

yeah, that's not what I'm picturing