Author Topic: Attention Fellow Conservatives  (Read 36803 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Attention Fellow Conservatives
« Reply #225 on: September 19, 2014, 10:03:04 AM »
And yeah, this court ruling has changed all of our lives. Now, whenever I talk about my rights to free speech, I'm just going to refer to the first amendment instead.

Because that's the same thing. :jerk: I didn't say the ruling changed all our lives, I just said that the liberal KSSC aided and abetted the Democrats in their dirty political tricks.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 19, 2014, 10:04:20 AM »
What is the penalty for not replacing him? I would assume it is that you just don't get your party on the ballot. Seems fair.

It's not fair if the reason you pulled your candidate was to consolidate the vote behind another liberal running as an "Independent." It's a dirty trick. There doesn't need to be a "penalty" for the Court to order that the law be obeyed.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 19, 2014, 10:06:21 AM »
What is the penalty for not replacing him? I would assume it is that you just don't get your party on the ballot. Seems fair.

It's not fair if the reason you pulled your candidate was to consolidate the vote behind another liberal running as an "Independent." It's a dirty trick. There doesn't need to be a "penalty" for the Court to order that the law be obeyed.

The court can order whatever they want, but the dems still have to find a guy who actually agrees to run for senate. What happens if they can't find somebody?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 19, 2014, 10:08:52 AM »

The court can order whatever they want, but the dems still have to find a guy who actually agrees to run for senate. What happens if they can't find somebody?

They already did: Taylor. If they want him off, they need a replacement.

Question: Do you disagree that this is a dirty trick? Do you actually think that Taylor honestly is incable of serving?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 19, 2014, 10:13:26 AM »

They already did: Taylor. If they want him off, they need a replacement.

Question: Do you disagree that this is a dirty trick? Do you actually think that Taylor honestly is incable of serving?

Yes, I disagree. If a candidate doesn't want to be on the ballot, he should be able to withdraw. There is nothing dirty about this. The dems know they can't win, so why run? Would it have been a dirty trick if Newt would have dropped out of the republican primary earlier so Santorum would have gotten more support?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 19, 2014, 10:26:48 AM »

Yes, I disagree. If a candidate doesn't want to be on the ballot, he should be able to withdraw. There is nothing dirty about this.

The law doesn't allow you to withdraw for "not wanting to be on the ballot." You can onloy withdraw if you are "incapable of serving." Do you understand the definitional difference between "can't" and "I don't wanna"? Now I'll ask you again, do you think Taylor told the truth when he said he was "incapable of serving if elected"? If so, what do you think changed?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 19, 2014, 10:33:44 AM »

Yes, I disagree. If a candidate doesn't want to be on the ballot, he should be able to withdraw. There is nothing dirty about this.

The law doesn't allow you to withdraw for "not wanting to be on the ballot." You can onloy withdraw if you are "incapable of serving." Do you understand the definitional difference between "can't" and "I don't wanna"? Now I'll ask you again, do you think Taylor told the truth when he said he was "incapable of serving if elected"? If so, what do you think changed?

He lost interest, I guess. Does it really matter if he was telling the truth?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 19, 2014, 10:36:31 AM »

Of course it does, you dolt. If he lied, it's a dirty trick. Cut the bullshit. You know and I know that he lied, period, to advance Democrat party politics. If you can't acknowledge that, it's not worth discussing further.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 19, 2014, 10:37:15 AM »
CUT THE BULLSHIT

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 19, 2014, 10:39:21 AM »

Of course it does, you dolt. If he lied, it's a dirty trick. Cut the bullshit. You know and I know that he lied, period, to advance Deomcrat party politics. If you can't acknowledge that, it's not worth discussing further.

I love how it's somehow dirty for a candidate uninterested in a position to remove himself from a ballot. It's not dirty at all to keep his name on the ballot for the sole purpose of splitting votes and helping out your pal that you are campaigning for.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 19, 2014, 10:40:57 AM »
And is Taylor similarly incapable of serving as Shawnee County DA? Actually, lying in a notarized letter to the KS SoS probably should disqualify you from serving in law enforcement.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 19, 2014, 10:41:51 AM »
Apparently Kobach has decided not to print the ballots this week. This comes after he claimed that they needed to be finalized by Friday. I wonder what changed.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 19, 2014, 10:43:42 AM »
I love how it's somehow dirty for a candidate uninterested in a position to remove himself from a ballot. It's not dirty at all to keep his name on the ballot for the sole purpose of splitting votes and helping out your pal that you are campaigning for.

Again, if you're going to pretend that Taylor was "uninterested" in being the next KS Senator, you just sound rough ridin' ridiculous. I can't help you. And yes, of course there is a political interest in keeping Taylor on the ballot, but it's not "dirty" to follow the law and only allow candidates to withdraw after a certified primary. It's dirty to lie. Taylor lied.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 19, 2014, 10:44:49 AM »

Again, if you're going to pretend that Taylor was "uninterested" in being the next KS Senator, you just sound rough ridin' ridiculous. I can't help you. And yes, of course there is a political interest in keeping Taylor on the ballot, but it's not "dirty" to follow the law and only allow candidates to withdraw after a certified primary. It's dirty to lie. Taylor lied.

The Supreme Court just ruled otherwise. Maybe your republican glasses are distorting things for you.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 19, 2014, 10:46:02 AM »
Apparently Kobach has decided not to print the ballots this week. This comes after he claimed that they needed to be finalized by Friday. I wonder what changed.

Do you seriously wonder what changed, or is that a rhetorical question? He has a political interest in keeping a Dem on the ballot, but it's within his discretion to bump the date. He is acting within the law and not lying, so that's two things he's got going for him as opposed to, say, the Demorat party.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 19, 2014, 10:47:58 AM »

The Supreme Court just ruled otherwise. Maybe your republican glasses are distorting things for you.

I am entitled to opine, and correct, that the liberal Court ruled incorrectly, thereby abetting Taylor in his lie. A lie you still refuse to acknowledge - and it just makes you sound absolutely ridiculous.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 19, 2014, 10:55:42 AM »

Do you seriously wonder what changed, or is that a rhetorical question? He has a political interest in keeping a Dem on the ballot, but it's within his discretion to bump the date. He is acting within the law and not lying, so that's two things he's got going for him as opposed to, say, the Demorat party.

Actually, it's not in his discretion to bump the date. Federal law requires the ballots to be sent to absentee voters at least 45 days prior to the election date.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 19, 2014, 10:56:10 AM »
so what changed?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 19, 2014, 11:09:41 AM »
so what changed?

Didn't he cheat on his wife or something?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 19, 2014, 11:27:51 AM »
The court ruled unanimously. Did the republican justices get it wrong, too?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 19, 2014, 11:57:19 AM »

Guy on the radio this morning said that this ruling just proves how overly liberal the court is.  He backed up his opinion by the fact they the state hasn't killed anyone since Capital Punishment was reinstated in the late '90's. 

rough ridin' Liberals :shakesfist:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 19, 2014, 12:01:10 PM »
Kansas: liberal haven
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 19, 2014, 12:02:45 PM »
Kansas: We break the law to stop voter fraud.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 19, 2014, 12:32:15 PM »

And George HW Bush appointed "republican" David Souter to the USSC, so that obviously means he was a conservative, right?  :rolleyes: The KSSC is currently composed (until Stegall joins) of hard leftists and a couple of squishy "moderates." Our current nominating process, by which a predominantly liberal group of attorneys first screens the candidates, has done a good job of ensuring this.

Anyway, back to the point you keep dodging, you really believe Taylor didn't lie when he "declared" that he's incapable of serving? Wow.