Author Topic: I'm going to buy a telescope... Any astronomy nerds here have a recomendation??  (Read 1416 times)

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
I've been looking at reflector telescopes in the $450 range... I will probably by extra lenses and some sort of mount for a phone/camera to take pics.  I've seen a couple in that range that have computerized controls and will keep objects in frame.  Anyone have any experience in such matters?  I am really excited to nerd out at Alex's pond at night while you guys are harvesting your drugs and fornicating in the pond.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
i think binoculars are what you want to find bigfoot

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
i think what you really are looking for is a laser scope

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
George McFly used binoculars.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Stop spying on your neighbors.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
My neighbors don't live on Saturn guys.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
I've been looking at reflector telescopes in the $450 range... I will probably by extra lenses and some sort of mount for a phone/camera to take pics.  I've seen a couple in that range that have computerized controls and will keep objects in frame.  Anyone have any experience in such matters?  I am really excited to nerd out at Alex's pond at night while you guys are harvesting your drugs and fornicating in the pond.
http://www.celestron.com/browse-shop/astronomy/telescopes/nexstar-130slt-computerized-telescope

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
My neighbors don't live on Saturn guys.

But you wished they lived on Uranus.  Boom!

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
http://www.celestron.com/browse-shop/astronomy/telescopes/nexstar-130slt-computerized-telescope

Chings that's one of the scopes I was checking out on Amazon. That one is my favorite so far. 

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
"Sorry I didnt call your buddy, I was super slammed at work posting about Telescopes n crap"

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"Sorry I didnt call your buddy, I was super slammed at work posting about Telescopes n crap"

:whistle1:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Fldermaus

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I have no advice to offer, but endorse this as a very worthwhile investment.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

:Cheers:

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

hey i just googled venus and check this picture of venus out, it looks exactly like it does when i look through this $500 telescope.  how rad is that one mate?  throw another shrimp on the bar-b, ahoy mate!

:users:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
hey stars, you've only been in the same place for a thousand + years, how about i buy this telescope just to make sure nothing has changed?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
buy used.   Everyone buys one then never uses it.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Should I start a new thread asking if anyone has a used telescope for sale?  :Rusty:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
Should I start a new thread asking if anyone has a used telescope for sale?  :Rusty:

just dig up a Big Bang Theory thread....seems like a good fit    :whistle1: