Author Topic: Xavier gone, our domination is just growing....  (Read 8856 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Xavier gone, our domination is just growing....
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 01:44:51 PM »
This is like deja vu.  KU fans heard the same thing after we lost Rush, Chalmers, Arthur, Kaun, Jackson, Robinson, Stewart, etc after winning the national title in '08.  

ku just won the national title?  :confused:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 01:45:09 PM »
Clemente is a HUGE loss for K-State.  If KU gets Selby, they'll be the favorites to win a seventh straight Big 12 title.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 01:47:32 PM »
Throw a little chum in the water and look who shows up.

catzacker

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 02:03:12 PM »
Clemente is a HUGE loss for K-State.  If KU gets Selby, they'll be the favorites to win a seventh straight Big 12 title.

so it's "IF" now?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 02:06:29 PM »
Well, I heard he's a silent commit, but I'm not going to jinx anything.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 03:03:36 PM »
Clemente is a huge loss for us, but KU losing 3 starters (2 of which are AAs, the point guard and center), 40% of its scoring, 44% of its minutes, 64% of its blocks, 40% of its rebounds, and 41% of its assists is no big deal? Plus all those studs that are leaving are being replaced by completely unproven commodities. Yeah, KU has nothing to worry about.  :dunno:
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 03:42:24 PM »
Self says he has "no problem" with decision. Just does not like the rule that the NBA has, either stay two years or go from high school.

Imagine Bill yelling this at Xavier when they are discussing if he should return or not, "Either stay two years or go from high school!!!" :curse:

Poor Xavier. :cry:

LOL @ X.H. totally hating his one year stint in Lawrence though.
Xavier Henry not wearing a KU polo, but a USA Basketball polo. C.J. Henry is wearing a KU polo.

X is praying for a time machine to go back in the past and make a decision to attend Memphis. At least he would've won the Freshman of the year award in Conference USA. :rolleyes:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010, 04:26:13 PM »
Well, I heard he's a silent commit, but I'm not going to jinx anything.

Well Selby help Bill get to a record second Final Four?!

I hope he is good, ku is embarassing the conference in March.

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010, 04:28:50 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010, 04:33:40 PM »
I unnerstand X cried like a bitch during the presser. Classic Stockholm syndrome.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2010, 04:34:33 PM »
I unnerstand X cried like a bitch during the presser. Classic Stockholm syndrome.

tears of joy
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2010, 04:44:34 PM »
The Morris brothers always seem lost to me, and without a leader on the court like Sherron, and no Aldrich, and now no Henry, there won't be as much production out of them because they aren't leaders on the court. We're now going to find out if KU's bench can really beat any team in the country as they had been saying all year... cuz KU's starters couldn't beat Northern Iowa.

However, I won't say too much, it's not like I can back up what I say with a good basketball team in my own backyard. I have to go next door.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2010, 04:47:49 PM »
LOL, how infuriated did Self act?  He was visibly shaken and pissed off.  Then he says he can't speak for CJ on if he's coming back next season.  LMAO, he is as good as forced out now that braces is gone  :lol:

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2010, 04:50:02 PM »
The Morris brothers always seem lost to me, and without a leader on the court like Sherron, and no Aldrich, and now no Henry, there won't be as much production out of them because they aren't leaders on the court. We're now going to find out if KU's bench can really beat any team in the country as they had been saying all year... cuz KU's starters couldn't beat Northern Iowa.

However, I won't say too much, it's not like I can back up what I say with a good basketball team in my own backyard. I have to go next door.

pfffft, the KU second team could advance to the elite eight.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2010, 05:00:57 PM »
Clemente is a huge loss for us, but KU losing 3 starters (2 of which are AAs, the point guard and center), 40% of its scoring, 44% of its minutes, 64% of its blocks, 40% of its rebounds, and 41% of its assists is no big deal? Plus all those studs that are leaving are being replaced by completely unproven commodities. Yeah, KU has nothing to worry about.  :dunno:

Did you not say the same thing when KU lost Rush, Chalmers, Arthur, Jackson, etc?

:dunno:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2010, 06:09:37 PM »

Did you not say the same thing when KU lost Rush, Chalmers, Arthur, Jackson, etc?

You had two studs coming back from that team in Aldrich and Collins. They both played the two most important positions on the court and were obviously going to be a good core to bring back. I'll give you that Marcus Morris is good, but there's nobody else that has proven anything at all, unless you think Brady and Tyrell are centerpieces to build your team around (in that case  :lol: ). Losing the biggest defensive presence in the conference, and possibly the country, along with your floor general are huge, huge losses.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2010, 06:19:37 PM »
Wait Morningstar hasn't graduated yet? If not LOL

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2010, 07:06:56 PM »

pfffft, the KU second team could advance to the elite eight.

But their first team couldn't make the sweet sixteen?  :lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2010, 07:35:30 PM »

sherron was not a leader bro.  sorry but i couldn't let that one slide.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2010, 10:42:33 PM »

You had two studs coming back from that team in Aldrich and Collins. They both played the two most important positions on the court and were obviously going to be a good core to bring back. I'll give you that Marcus Morris is good, but there's nobody else that has proven anything at all, unless you think Brady and Tyrell are centerpieces to build your team around (in that case  :lol: ). Losing the biggest defensive presence in the conference, and possibly the country, along with your floor general are huge, huge losses.

Aldrich wasn't proven.  I'm not saying those guys aren't big losses, but KU is going to reload.  Guys like Elijah Johnson and Thomas Robinson have a chance to improve as much as Aldrich/Morris did from their freshman to sophomore years. 

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2010, 10:54:02 PM »

Aldrich wasn't proven.  I'm not saying those guys aren't big losses, but KU is going to reload.  Guys like Elijah Johnson and Thomas Robinson have a chance to improve as much as Aldrich/Morris did from their freshman to sophomore years. 

Will be very interested to see how Morris does without Cole in there getting all the attention.  Not that I don't think he's good, he is, but it's going to be different without the big guy around.  Sure, Elijah and Thomas will be expected to step up and produce... the question is how much will they and how soon?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2010, 10:54:13 PM »
Hey Ben any thoughts as to when the Feds are going to be done investigating the ku athletic department . . . and would you like to add anything to our discussion about Perkins admitting that expenses are now out stripping revenues in the ku athletic department??

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2010, 01:36:45 AM »

Aldrich wasn't WHAT??? d00d, you have been known to give fallacio to Coal more than Bob Davie - c'mon Ben, just admit it - you are pretty worried if not downright scared of losing Penis Rubber and Dead ERRRR Missing Tooth and X
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2010, 07:33:43 AM »
Let's see.  

Rush, Jackson, Arthur, and Chalmers as a core led KU to an Elite 8 and a NC.  

Collins and Aldrich (and X this year) led KU to a Sweet 16 and a 2nd round exit.  

Pretty easy to see the KU program is at about the same place now as it was when that first group of guys left.