Author Topic: NDSU v CyClown's your prediction  (Read 16526 times)

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: NDSU v CyClown's your prediction
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2014, 11:45:41 AM »
Should I leave my houseboat for my kstate friends for the following week?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

titletown..lulz

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »
Interesting fact: the road trip from floodaggie1 to floodaggie2 is about 10 hours. However, if you travel during the floody period (4 mon opportunity each year) by boat, you can make it in 4 hours because it's a straight shot down flood.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2014, 11:59:06 AM »
Ok, NDSU folks--I just have to be real here since everyone else seems to be content messing around with you.

In the general landscapes of college academics and athletics, nobody knows who you are.  Nobody cares who you are.

For the past few years, NDSU football has been a big fish in a (very) small pond.  Your team has won a few games against teams people actually recognize, and every once in a while it turns into a nice news story.  But like the news stories about a water skiing squirrel or that cat that saved the little kid from an attacking dog that one time, people only care about the story.  They don't care what the squirrel's or cat's names were, and after a week or so they don't care at all.

Multiple FCS championships do not make you relevant when it comes to big boy football any more than multiple hot dog eating championships does.  If you want your program to matter, then push the NDSU athletics department to make the jump into the FBS.  But be forewarned: you'll have to beat more than 1 FBS team a year to make that work.

Until then, I'm begging you to be realistic about the state and status of your program.  There is a reason the NDSU football team was in tears when they beat a rebuilding KSU squad on opening weekend by a few points.  If you as fans cannot appreciate how monumental those kind of upsets are now, then you are doomed to disappointment and frustration with NDSU sports for the rest of your lives.

If nothing else, just show some class leading up to the ISU game.  It might be the last time anyone outside the state of North Dakota pays any attention to your program.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2014, 12:02:26 PM »
 :sdeek:
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2014, 12:03:09 PM »
I don't think you should show class leading up to the ISU game

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2014, 12:03:28 PM »
We could be king of the stupids.   :Woot:
Hey...you can finally claim a national championship

I'll put it next to our 1910 national championship in football.

Damn right you will.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2014, 12:06:13 PM »
Ok, NDSU folks--I just have to be real here since everyone else seems to be content messing around with you.

In the general landscapes of college academics and athletics, nobody knows who you are.  Nobody cares who you are.

For the past few years, NDSU football has been a big fish in a (very) small pond.  Your team has won a few games against teams people actually recognize, and every once in a while it turns into a nice news story.  But like the news stories about a water skiing squirrel or that cat that saved the little kid from an attacking dog that one time, people only care about the story.  They don't care what the squirrel's or cat's names were, and after a week or so they don't care at all.

Multiple FCS championships do not make you relevant when it comes to big boy football any more than multiple hot dog eating championships does.  If you want your program to matter, then push the NDSU athletics department to make the jump into the FBS.  But be forewarned: you'll have to beat more than 1 FBS team a year to make that work.

Until then, I'm begging you to be realistic about the state and status of your program.  There is a reason the NDSU football team was in tears when they beat a rebuilding KSU squad on opening weekend by a few points.  If you as fans cannot appreciate how monumental those kind of upsets are now, then you are doomed to disappointment and frustration with NDSU sports for the rest of your lives.

If nothing else, just show some class leading up to the ISU game.  It might be the last time anyone outside the state of North Dakota pays any attention to your program.

:D

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2014, 12:07:17 PM »
Man, you sure put those NDSU fans back in their place, didn't you catastrophe?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2014, 12:17:12 PM »
@catastrophy, I had a really great and clever flood related post and the you went and ruined it with a TLDNR shitty post. Please delete it, quote my post, and add a smiley face.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2014, 12:37:50 PM »
@catastrophy, I had a really great and clever flood related post and the you went and ruined it with a TLDNR shitty post. Please delete it, quote my post, and add a smiley face.

Gonna win 'em all!

This is how I felt about my post regarding Cleveland's pitcher Outman.  Then Moose Tacos had to hit a hr. :frown:

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2014, 12:40:37 PM »

Good post. I've been ready to go FBS since 2011.

NDSU needs to be striking while the irons hot. I bet about 90% of college programs can never claim they've hosted a gameday week which had NDSU on the national spot.

I dont get what you mean by being realistic? NDSU had a top 25 team, in the land last year. They didn't beat a rebuilding team...they demoralized you. After a missed FG and dropped TD pass, you're looking at a 10+ pt defeat, at home.

NDSU doesn't schedule Alabama, LSU, Oregon...because they know they'd get ran off the field. They schedule Kansas State, Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota and CSU because theres a punchers chance with that.

No FBS team, at home, with 22 extra scholarship players, should be getting their ass beat like KState got. NDSU fans knew it was probable because of the talent you lost on defense, but thats no excuse when you have the recruiting, scholarship, homefield advantages that KState had. You just look more and more pathetic typing that.

Iowa St is a bad program in FBS standards. What, 3 total bowl wins, an all time record that has over 100 losses than wins, coming off another bad year. Why shouldn't NDSU fans expect to win? We know what the Bison have returning. They rightfully too, lost a lot,  but its not like they're getting replaced with spring chickens either.

titletown..lulz

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2014, 12:43:09 PM »
Lolly, responding to bad posters just encourages it more. 

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2014, 12:45:28 PM »
Apologies. I saw 1 post and knew he was a dick turd...which I ended up being right about.
titletown..lulz

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2014, 12:46:14 PM »
The Noah Bowl, playing for the Ol' Wooden Ark.
It's on

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2014, 12:58:10 PM »
Oh boy! This is just too fun, guys. I just can't contain my excitement.  :Woohoo:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2014, 01:04:20 PM »
Oh boy! This is just too fun, guys. I just can't contain my excitement.  :Woohoo:

tell the ndsu guys how much you respect their program and what they've accomplished immediately

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2014, 01:05:38 PM »

Is this why people don't respond to me? I thought I was kind of liked.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2014, 01:06:21 PM »
We could be king of the stupids.   :Woot:
Hey...you can finally claim a national championship

I'll put it next to our 1910 national championship in football.

Damn right you will.

Did me and madcat mention we won the national championship in football in 1910?

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2014, 01:09:07 PM »

tell the ndsu guys how much you respect their program and what they've accomplished immediately

Sorry, I'm too busy imagining how proud Paul Rhoads would be of multiple D2 National Championships. No hurry, rite?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2014, 01:11:22 PM »

Sorry, I'm too busy imagining how proud Paul Rhoads would be of multiple D2 National Championships. No hurry, rite?

that's the kind of thing I'm talking about!

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2014, 01:23:59 PM »

that's the kind of thing I'm talking about!

Paul Rhoads' pride could waltz him into at least two of those Intramural Championships. Three could be a slight challenge.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2014, 01:24:41 PM »
Fatgini

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2014, 01:27:26 PM »
Fatgini

:Crybaby:

I might just personally fight every NDSU fan in Jack Trice because of that statement.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2014, 01:33:49 PM »

Is this why people don't respond to me? I thought I was kind of liked.

Gonna win 'em all!

Letting this hang for multiple other posts was mean, guys.  Everyone loves Dobbs.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2014, 01:51:15 PM »
I think this is what you're looking for, lollypop...

bears are fast...