Author Topic: McNeese State 2014 Fall Football Outlook  (Read 130282 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: McNeese State 2014 Fall Football Outlook
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2014, 07:29:23 PM »
it's adorable when d2 teams talk about their players like they are any good.

daniel sams will be the most prolific fcs player of all time, mark it down case closed
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2014, 07:53:49 PM »

daniel sams will be the most prolific fcs player of all time, mark it down case closed

Randy Moss, tho.

bears are fast...

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2014, 07:57:11 PM »
Why is this happening to me?  Why do bad things happen to good people?

Well, the tone of your post plus the fact that Cbuck said you had a local ip number (where are you located?), he didn't think you were really a KSU fan but some troll trying to stir up trouble.

Doc

We have wild wildcat fans all over the world.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2014, 07:58:10 PM »

Randy Moss, tho.

i don't think marshall is fcs
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2014, 07:58:27 PM »

Well, the tone of your post plus the fact that Cbuck said you had a local ip number (where are you located?), he didn't think you were really a KSU fan but some troll trying to stir up trouble.

Yep, just a local troll with 5,000 posts on a KSU message board and about 30 KSU videos, 2 of which I posted on your site.  Nice work detective Cbuck, you've cracked this case wide open you stupid son of a bitch.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2014, 08:00:47 PM »
Poor Daniel. He deserves better. Winters is too silent. I don't think he is having any luck.

Gonna win 'em all! (But maybe not now)

Offline McNeese72

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2014, 08:12:09 PM »

Randy Moss, tho.

Was when Moss played.   A couple of others from the lower division (not called FCS back then) were Walter Payton and Jerry Rice.

Doc

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2014, 08:15:51 PM »
those are good pics, thanks for sharing.  they let you smoke that whole hog right outside the hotel?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2014, 08:26:32 PM »
I'm surprised someone with "pimp" in their name isn't ok, yet they let someone with a username "KKKowboy69" post.  smh
If that is true, that is amazingly racist and sexist. If that is not true, that is a pretty funny post.

Don't believe it.

No registered user by that name.

Doc
Lgihten up Francis. This is the joke board.  (That happens to have a lot of really great insidery posts, but you need to know the code words.)

This is not a joke board moron.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2014, 08:26:53 PM »
This thread though  :thumbs:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2014, 08:27:51 PM »

Yep, just a local troll with 5,000 posts on a KSU message board and about 30 KSU videos, 2 of which I posted on your site.  Nice work detective Cbuck, you've cracked this case wide open you stupid son of a bitch.

:lol:

Offline FormerPokeCenter

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2014, 08:38:27 PM »
Sams is undoubtedly a quality athlete.  But, he won't be the "best athlete" we've had.  Not by a long shot...

That would be Stephen Starring, who was a QB for us, but got drafted in the 2nd round as a WR by New England. 

4.2 in the 40, 10.38 in the 100, 13.7 in the 110 highs, over 26 in the long jump and over 50 in the triple jump.  In 83, he won four events at the conference championship and went on to run in the NCAA championships in the 110 highs.  The next year, 84,  he went on to the NFL and set a Superbowl record for most kick off return yards.  That same year, some guy named Al Joyner, who finished 2nd to Stephen at the conference championships had a banner year, too, winning the Gold at the Los Angeles Olympics in the triple jump. 

As to QBs, Kerry Joseph's the best QB we've had, followed closely by Starring, who was the Indy Bowl Offensive MVP in a game that featured Louis Lipps, Sammy Winder and Reggie Collier.   I'd put a kid named Derrick Fourroux at number 3 and several after that.   

Sams has the potential to be in the top three, but he'd have to prove it on the field...

Interesting site.  I woulda thought you guys would be more realistic about FCS talent after last year  ;) 

You guys musta been depleted with injuries or something for the Bison to come in an get a win like that.

In all seriousness, what the hell happened in that game?

I mean BESIDES getting your asses kicked by a buncha Division II players ;) 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 08:47:58 PM by FormerPokeCenter »

Offline McNeese72

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2014, 08:43:25 PM »
those are good pics, thanks for sharing.  they let you smoke that whole hog right outside the hotel?

Yep, the hotel people thought it was great and were helping out.   I think they really liked us.   Our home game reserved tailgating areas are some of the best in the FCS.   We aren't LSU but we know how to tailgate.

Doc

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2014, 08:54:56 PM »
Kinda starting to think Texas State (aka Texas Stud University) should've stayed down in the Southland to get Sams :angry:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2014, 08:57:31 PM »
seems like these 'neesers have no idea who their best player was.  sets up perfect for our guy

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2014, 08:58:20 PM »
Sams is undoubtedly a quality athlete.  But, he won't be the "best athlete" we've had.  Not by a long shot...

That would be Stephen Starring, who was a QB for us, but got drafted in the 2nd round as a WR by New England. 

4.2 in the 40, 10.38 in the 100, 13.7 in the 110 highs, over 26 in the long jump and over 50 in the triple jump.  In 83, he won four events at the conference championship and went on to run in the NCAA championships in the 110 highs.  The next year, 84,  he went on to the NFL and set a Superbowl record for most kick off return yards.  That same year, some guy named Al Joyner, who finished 2nd to Stephen at the conference championships had a banner year, too, winning the Gold at the Los Angeles Olympics in the triple jump. 

As to QBs, Kerry Joseph's the best QB we've had, followed closely by Starring, who was the Indy Bowl Offensive MVP in a game that featured Louis Lipps, Sammy Winder and Reggie Collier.   I'd put a kid named Derrick Fourroux at number 3 and several after that.   

Sams has the potential to be in the top three, but he'd have to prove it on the field...

Interesting site.  I woulda thought you guys would be more realistic about FCS talent after last year  ;) 

You guys musta been depleted with injuries or something for the Bison to come in an get a win like that.

Shutup FormerPokeCenter. What do you know, you obviously haven't played D-1 football like everyone else on this blogsite.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2014, 08:59:09 PM »
Kinda starting to think Texas State (aka Texas Stud University) should've stayed down in the Southland to get Sams :angry:

More quality humans there

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2014, 09:02:27 PM »

A VERY GOOD bizon team with 16 seniors coming off back-to-back FCS titles came in and outplayed us and exploited our inexperience. 

No excuses, however we were trying to replace the Heisman runner up, a WR drafted in 4th rd, and 9 of 11 defensive starters in the first game of the season against a very good, and well seasoned football team that knew how to close out games.

I'm of the belief that we'd win that game by 14-17 points or more by mid-season or later. OR, if our coaches would've had the good sense to attack them with DSams far more in the 2H once we went up 21-7.

In 2003, we beat the past season's FCS runners up 55-14 when we returned a seasoned team tho.   ;)
bears are fast...

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2014, 09:11:17 PM »

LOL at all of this. 

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2014, 09:23:56 PM »
pro-tip: read all the posts by the 'neesers in the accent/vernacular of Troy Landry from "Swamp People"... It relly adds life to their posts.

:gocho:
bears are fast...

Offline McTailGator

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2014, 09:29:16 PM »

Randy Moss, tho.

They were when he played there.

Offline McNeese72

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2014, 09:36:31 PM »
pro-tip: read all the posts by the 'neesers in the accent/vernacular of Troy Landry from "Swamp People"... It relly adds life to their posts.

:gocho:

Nah, where we are located it would more close to a south Texas drawl.   ;)

Doc

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2014, 09:38:25 PM »
Hey do your jerseys still all say "COWBOYS" on the back where the names are supposed to be?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline FormerPokeCenter

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2014, 09:40:13 PM »

A VERY GOOD bizon team with 16 seniors coming off back-to-back FCS titles came in and outplayed us and exploited our inexperience. 

No excuses, however we were trying to replace the Heisman runner up, a WR drafted in 4th rd, and 9 of 11 defensive starters in the first game of the season against a very good, and well seasoned football team that knew how to close out games.

I'm of the belief that we'd win that game by 14-17 points or more by mid-season or later. OR, if our coaches would've had the good sense to attack them with DSams far more in the 2H once we went up 21-7.

In 2003, we beat the past season's FCS runners up 55-14 when we returned a seasoned team tho.   ;)
[/quote]

I can appreciate that, but...still....NDSU only has 63 schollies and you guys had 85....and you still got beat???

You guys are BCS and have a 22 scholly advantage....and NDSU is only Division II...and yet you still got beat.  WTF???

Offline McNeese72

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2014, 09:43:24 PM »

Shutup FormerPokeCenter. What do you know, you obviously haven't played D-1 football like everyone else on this blogsite.

LOL!   Well, he is one of he few OL that I know that ran hurdles in track.   At least, until he got his knees blown out.   Of course, his only claim to fame in the last few years was getting taken down by our tailgate area guard dog, Rowdy.   Rowdy is a miniature dachsund.   ;)

Doc