Author Topic: Joint Checking Accounts  (Read 49052 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Joint Checking Accounts
« Reply #375 on: May 03, 2017, 02:46:25 PM »
Mrs Gooch, whatever that kid wants to do, we'll make it work together. Boy/Girl, ballet, skiing, etc. I think a kid having an activity that they really value is very important. My dad worked OT just so I could be on a competitive traveling team for baseball. When my team made the World Series in baseball up in Canada, mom got a 2nd job. I was very lucky. I plan to do the same if I ever have kids. Plus, we all know I married Mrs. Wacky for her eventual small inheritance. I'm hoping that will never be a problem for my kids.

True story- Back in 02' my dad paid over a thousand $'s to get me on a recruiting website and it worked. Had a handful of offers and I rejected them all because my heart was at K-State. I've always felt bad about that to this day.  :frown:

did the website mention you were team captain?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 03, 2017, 02:47:41 PM »
Mrs Gooch, whatever that kid wants to do, we'll make it work together. Boy/Girl, ballet, skiing, etc. I think a kid having an activity that they really value is very important. My dad worked OT just so I could be on a competitive traveling team for baseball. When my team made the World Series in baseball up in Canada, mom got a 2nd job. I was very lucky. I plan to do the same if I ever have kids. Plus, we all know I married Mrs. Wacky for her eventual small inheritance. I'm hoping that will never be a problem for my kids.

True story- Back in 02' my dad paid over a thousand $'s to get me on a recruiting website and it worked. Had a handful of offers and I rejected them all because my heart was at K-State. I've always felt bad about that to this day.  :frown:

:D
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 03, 2017, 02:48:07 PM »
Q: What if one spouse is a stay at home parent but wants a new guitar?
That wasn't part of the marriage contract. Also, we all know you'd try and make it work for her unfortunately. I went 2K over my ring budget and she still convinced me two get her two bands on top of that.  :frown: #Sucker

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 03, 2017, 02:49:24 PM »

did the website mention you were team captain?
No.  :frown:

Also, nice catch lib.  :D

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 03, 2017, 02:50:52 PM »
over $1000 and no mention of team captain smh

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 03, 2017, 02:51:18 PM »
For the joint + splits; how do you decide how much $$$ goes into each individual's account? Equal or based on income level?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 03, 2017, 02:52:45 PM »
It did mention NHS and my height and weight and the speed of my fastball and my batting average and junk like that, cf3.  :)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 03, 2017, 02:53:47 PM »

Oh boy. This will belongs in another thread, but don't get me started on these recruiting websites/services.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 03, 2017, 02:54:18 PM »
It did mention NHS and my height and weight and the speed of my fastball and my batting average and junk like that, cf3.  :)

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say your fastball speed was p fast. I mean you played in the World Series in Canada so......

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 03, 2017, 02:54:27 PM »
Just transfer 1/2 of your spending money to the stay at home parent's account.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 03, 2017, 02:55:31 PM »
_fan, I mentioned a % earlier, but that's incorrect now that I think of it. Mrs. wacky and I both agreed to keep $150 per individual check, for our own accounts.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 03, 2017, 02:58:21 PM »

Oh boy. This will belongs in another thread, but don't get me started on these recruiting websites/services.
I know man. I was already getting looked at locally and asked dad not to do it. That's a lot of pressure for a kid and by the end of the day, I ended up filling like crap about it.  :frown:

cf3, I know you're poking fun at me  :D, but I topped out at 85-6 mph in HS.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 03, 2017, 02:59:58 PM »

I know man. I was already getting looked at locally and asked dad not to do it. That's a lot of pressure for a kid and by the end of the day, I ended up filling like crap about it.  :frown:

:D

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 03, 2017, 03:00:19 PM »
that's faster than Vargas is now!  :horrorsurprise:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 03, 2017, 03:01:42 PM »

The people who run those things should be prosecuted for being thieves. But if parents are dumb enough to buy it (no offense to your dad wacky) then I suppose that's part of the deal.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 03, 2017, 03:08:27 PM »
that's faster than Vargas is now!  :horrorsurprise:
He's a lefty tho.  :frown: So jealous.

_fan, no offense at all. They sell dads/moms who want nothing but the best for their kid. It's a scam for the most part. Dad just knew he was going to do whatever he could to get me seen. It was easier for my brother. He ran cross country and track at one of the biggest high schools in Iowa and they just look at times. He had D1 schools flying in to eat dinner with us 24/7.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 03, 2017, 03:15:41 PM »

I make my spouse apply for a loan since I make the money.  I almost always loan her the money and since she's my wife I give her a sweet interest rate.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 03, 2017, 03:17:54 PM »
this thread will make 5 or 6 more pages easy #fanningbrag

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 03, 2017, 03:19:06 PM »
I thought I had this thing figured out, but a new question just popped up in my head. Does medicine count as joint bills or "play $"? I would think joint, right? I pay $70 a month for my crap.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 03, 2017, 03:20:56 PM »
Is the medicine needed because of fun stuff? If so, then fun money obviously.

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 03, 2017, 03:21:37 PM »
I thought I had this thing figured out, but a new question just popped up in my head. Does medicine count as joint bills or "play $"? I would think joint, right? I pay $70 a month for my crap.

Wacky, when you have kids, never pick up WackyJr from daycare the day payment is due.  You don't want that big ass bill coming out of your account.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 03, 2017, 03:22:07 PM »
why would your medicine be joint?

follow up, are you guys on separate health insurance?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 03, 2017, 03:22:47 PM »
@cat No, it's needed for my bad genes and she knew this when she married me. Join account: check.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Joint Checking Accounts
« Reply #398 on: May 03, 2017, 03:22:51 PM »
I would think pre-existing health issues you bring into the marriage should be covered by the joint funds since Mrs. Wacky knew those were part of the deal, but I don't know if new illnesses would be covered.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 03, 2017, 03:23:43 PM »
I would think pre-existing health issues you bring into the marriage should be covered by the joint funds since Mrs. Wacky knew those were part of the deal, but I don't know if new illnesses would be covered.
check with HR bub