Author Topic: About last night...  (Read 18934 times)

Offline GoPowercat.com

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: About last night...
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2014, 04:47:17 PM »
the 50-year-old unofficial mayor of Aggieville.

Shots fired!

I actually prefer to be referred to as "The (unofficial) Pride of Wildcat Land".

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2014, 04:55:55 PM »
I've always been curious about how bar owners handle that.  I wonder if there is a "celebrity status" that plays into if underage kids are let in. Was it Diaz that got an MIC at Tubbys a few years ago?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2014, 05:04:43 PM »
Can we bullet point wtf is going on in here? I really don't want to go back and read through this mess. TIA.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2014, 05:08:22 PM »
Can we bullet point wtf is going on in here? I really don't want to go back and read through this mess. TIA.

part of the fun is figuring out exactly what happened.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2014, 05:15:06 PM »
All I know is, there is only so much room for creepy middle aged men on Moro St. You gotta flex those muscles to stay a step ahead. Lots of rivalries out there.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2014, 06:03:27 PM »
Someone help me out with how much the average door guy in Aggieville gets paid. For as many bars and entrances as there are at Kites/Rustys, $150K on security over the course of a year seems awfully low...
Well there's no doorguys during the daytime nor from sunday-wednesday night.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2014, 06:17:05 PM »
after hours with tim fitzgerald!  :Woot:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2014, 06:38:21 PM »
I've always been curious about how bar owners handle that.  I wonder if there is a "celebrity status" that plays into if underage kids are let in. Was it Diaz that got an MIC at Tubbys a few years ago?

Rusty tells his door staff to let recognizable players in no matter their age or if the bar is at capacity.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2014, 07:03:03 PM »

Rusty tells his door staff to let recognizable players in no matter their age or if the bar is at capacity.

How the hell would you know?
:adios:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2014, 07:18:19 PM »
Fall of 2006.

Ben Ji is flipping burgers at Tubbys on a random weekday afternoon when 7'2" 5 Star Freshman Jason Bennett walks in by himself.

Mr Bennett sits down at the bar, glances around, then orders a beer. The Bartender easily recognizes him and asks for an ID. Mr. Bennett says he forgot it and walks out looking ashamed. 

#BreakingStories #ScoopsFrom7YearsAgo #Aggieville

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2014, 07:33:57 PM »
Someone help me out with how much the average door guy in Aggieville gets paid. For as many bars and entrances as there are at Kites/Rustys, $150K on security over the course of a year seems awfully low...
Well there's no doorguys during the daytime nor from sunday-wednesday night.

True, but after 10 on Friday and Saturday there are probably about 15 bouncers working. Seems like that would add up unless they don't male very much. I have very LDGIQ in regards to pay.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2014, 07:39:25 PM »
You get paid in underage poon apparently
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2014, 07:48:35 PM »
You get paid in underage poon apparently

Seems very disrespectful to women. Just another reason for me to never go there.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2014, 08:14:27 PM »

How the hell would you know?

I think I know how he would know.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2014, 08:31:53 PM »
Rock the eff outta those drums, rusty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GoPowercat.com

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2014, 04:42:03 AM »
NCAA rules prohibit this company and its principals, which would be me and Becky, from donating the athletics department and cover it's recruiting efforts.

As for Rusty, I have specifically not brought up our personal issues here for many years. Saturday night, he went too far and I simply responded to a request for information. I provided the facts as witnessed by numerous people.

I think I know one person who works at Kite's and as far as I know I never have interaction with members of his staff. Based on the stuff Rusty has flat out made up about me, you shouldn't believe what you hear.

The best was telling people that I had threatened his life and the lives of his family. Problem was I had not interacted with the man in months since he threw a fit over me not making Whiskey Dick's change its name, which I have no idea how I was supposed to do so. He told me I had no character because I didn't force a business owner to change his bar's name. I'm still baffled what he thought I could do about it.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2014, 06:55:25 AM »
Rusty sounds douchy.

Also, there is a place called whisky Dick's?

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2014, 08:02:15 AM »
Rusty sounds douchy.

Also, there is a place called whisky Dick's?
He looks douchy too. Giant watch. Starter t-shirt moobs.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2014, 03:36:04 PM »
I wonder if it's easier to spot underage drinkers if they are true freshman basketball players, cause I spotted some of them at kites this weekend. Maybe the door guy just wanted to bone them

Depending on the true freshman basketball player, maybe the door guy looked into the tfbp's eyes and decided to protect his neck and just let the tfbp pass.

Is the tfbp gonna gave to choke a door guy?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2014, 09:28:26 PM »

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2014, 02:17:20 AM »
Riley County Police Director Brad Gruntley isn’t buying Rusty Wilson’s story that something has changed concerning how much attention police place on enforcing alcohol laws at Wilson’s bars.

At the last month’s Riley County Law Board meeting (March 22), Wilson — owner of Kite’s Grille and Bar and Rusty’s in Aggieville — publicly voiced his belief that his bars have been unfairly scrutinized by the RCPD.

On Monday, Gruntley told the law board — at its first meeting since the accusations in March — that Wilson has been suggesting, including in an article published Sunday in The Mercury, that police pressure on his bars had been altered.

“We haven’t changed anything,” he said. “We haven’t done any different. The rules are still in place, being enforced the way they were.

“And to the extent that (article) created an impression that any individual board member had pressured me to change things — that has not happened. I haven’t had a conversation like that with any board member.”

Gruntley said he and Wilson met recently for a fairly lengthy discussion about several issues related to Wilson’s claims of intimidation and improprieties by the RCPD.

“I’m not going to paint the picture that it was all roses and puppy dog tails,” Gruntley said. “We disagreed on some things. However, we did have some discussions.”

WILSON, ON the other hand, told the law board he’s noticed a change for the better. Specifically, he mentioned the way his establishments have been monitored by police since he first took his complaints to the board.

“Since March 22, it’s been night and day,” Wilson said. “The one individual officer (Ryan Doehling, whom Wilson named in his original discussion with the board) was spending an hour and 11 minutes in my place a week.

“Since March 22 to last Saturday, the total time we’ve seen a present police officer was an hour for a whole month.”

Gruntley spent a chunk of Monday’s meeting countering Wilson’s complaints, including the one lodged against the department last month.

One of those issues brought an apology from Wilson.

AT THE March meeting, Wilson reported to a couple law board members that while in the Westloop district, he witnessed a person he believed to be RCPD Sgt. Brad Ingalls — while off duty — taking pictures of his vehicle’s license tag, which he said was harassment.

Gruntley said the department conducted an internal affairs investigation, interviewing Ingalls and Ingalls’ wife — as well as seizing both Ingalls’ private and business cell phones.

“When Sgt. Ingalls heard this accusation, he immediately requested a full investigation and asked that, at the conclusion of the investigation, that the results be aired publicly, as were the accusations,” he said Ingalls, who was present Monday, denied being in Westloop at all on the day in question, Gruntley said.

Ingalls said he was in Wamego, where he lives, all day with his family.

Gruntley said Ingalls’ wife, who typically wouldn’t have been interviewed per department policy but agreed because of the nature of the accusations, backed up her husband.

WITH THE interviews completed, the investigation moved to the phones, which Gruntley said showed no sign of any photos — erased or not — having ever been taken.

“Given the totality of the information, I decided that this particular complaint was unfounded,” he said. “That’s a term that has a particular and specific meaning in the Police Department. It does not mean that we were unable to prove the claim. It meansthatitdidn’thappen.”

Gruntley said Wilson told the department’s investigator he could have been mistaken on who he saw take the picture.

“If he does believe that there is some other PD employee, I have an organizational chart on the back door of my office,” Gruntley said. “It has a photograph of everybody in the police department. He’s more than welcome to come down and look at that any time. We can do this again to try to figure out if, in fact, it did occur and, ifso,whoitmighthavebeen.”

WILSON STUCK to his story Monday, but did apologize to Ingalls and his wife for what he said was a case of mistaken identity.

“Like I said, I will be the first to look at you and apologize to you and your family,” he said while looking at Ingalls,” Wilson said. “I madeamistakeinwhoIsaw.”

Wilson chalked up the mistake to paranoia induced by feeling he’s always looking over his shoulder.

Gruntley also challenged Wilson to provide a video he claims shows Ryan Doehling allegedly framing underage girls by placing drinks in front of them.

“It’s kind of like a yeti,” Gruntley said. “Everybody’s heard about it, but nobody’s seen it. And so, I would like to see that video now.”

Gruntley said he doesn’t “know what to think, quite honestly,” about Wilson’s complaints, alleging that they often lack enough information to uncover the facts.

WILSON AGAIN saidhe’d provide the video and other statements to board members in private, but not to board member and County Attorney Barry Wilkerson.

“I will give them to someone here,” he said. “I can’t give them to Mr. Wilkerson because has a personal relationship with him (Gruntley). I’d gladly give it to you guys (the other board members).”

Gruntley and Wilkerson then appeared to exchange smirks, which sparked Wilson’s anger.

He accused Gruntley of laughing at him, but RCPD Assistant Director John Doeling (Ryan Doehling’s father) said, no, he was the one laughing at Wilson.

“You’re laughing at me? Did you hear that?” Wilson asked the board.

“He just said he was laughing at me.

“This isn’t real. This is being treated like a joke.”

Wilson said, as a business owner, he simply wants some help, not pressure, from the department in preventing kids with fake IDs from entering or staying in his bar.

Recognizing the fake IDs is the first challenge bar owners face, Wilson said.

“We don’t have any formal training,”hesaid.“That’snot available.

“Part of it is we don’t know how to correct the problem,” Wilson said. “If this person did just sneak in, I need to know how.”

BUT OTHER Aggieville bar owners face the same challenges as Wilson and don’t seem to have the same gripes over officers’ enforcement of laws, claim the police.

Brett Allred, owner of several establishments including Johnny Kaw’s, said he was asked to come to the meeting and share his experience. Allred said he strives to build trust with police.

“We’re working with Riley County police to prove that we are self-policing,” he said.

Wilson said he feels his bars are targeted more than others, though. The other bar owners aren’t dealing with that type of pressure, Wilson said.

HE HAS previously argued that comparisons are unfair because of his profile (especially at Kite’s) and that his businesses have a much larger volume of customers than most other establishments.

“That’s why I feel targeted and maybe others don’t,” Wilson said.

But Gruntley presented information he had gathered about violations dating back to 2010 at Kite’s and Rusty’s, even though Wilson contested he didn’t own Rusty’s in 2010 — when it was still called Last Chance.

“When you look at how Kite’s stacks up — Kite’s and Chance — stack up against the rest of the establishments down there (Aggieville), they have more citizen-generated calls for service than anybody, they have more ‘Part One crime’ than anybody, they have more violent crime than anybody,” he said. “They are third in the number of citations issued within the establishment. They do not lead the pack. They are tied for last in regards to self-policing of MIPs (minor in possession of alcohol)…and they are first in reports referred to ABC.”

Wilson said he wanted to see new statistics that reflected when he took over Last Chance in August 2012 and renamed it Rusty’s.

The board’s is expected to address the topic at next month’s meeting.

As much as I hate to say it, but Brad Gruntley is bitb. Rick could learn a thing or two from him.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 02:24:15 AM by waks »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2014, 07:07:26 AM »
rusty wilson seems like the pike of aggieville bar owners

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2014, 07:26:28 AM »
He must've been the ring leader for the drug scandal on 24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2014, 07:39:30 AM »
It's weird when people get mad about being laughed at.  Like just don't do stuff that causes people to laugh at you.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2014, 08:19:32 AM »
rusty wilson seems like the pike of aggieville bar owners

Pike the poster or pike the creepy fraternity?