Author Topic: MLB master thread(non-Royals related) (no longer the official Mets thread)  (Read 213576 times)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Re: MLB master thread(non-Royals related) (no longer the official Mets thread)
« Reply #1225 on: December 13, 2015, 03:59:19 PM »
i don't really care to debate it, but i think you're wrong.  the only reason some other fan base wouldn't give him twitter hate is he's not as well known as he is in this area. 

as far as his tweet, i don't remember what the wording was, but either way it was an incorrect statement.

It was to the effect of,  "the Royals didn't win it, the Mets choked it away".

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: December 13, 2015, 04:08:45 PM »
thank god we didn't hire him to coach kstate's bball team.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: December 13, 2015, 04:19:37 PM »
They now share the same unique blend of sanctimoniousness and persecution complex.

i disagree chings, but whatevs

Doug Gottlieb

is there a single fanbase in the world that wouldn't be upset at a commentator for calling their championship lucky?

Yeah, plenty of them. I would guess one that hadn't won in a generation would be among that group.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did he say the Royals were lucky or that the Mets were better and blew it. I never saw a quote or tweet that called the Royals lucky.

if you're implying that there are fan bases of sports teams without super sensitive twitter fans who freak out over every perceived slight, then you've never been wronger.

there are certain things all fan bases have. but royals fan culture is about partying and voting omar infante to the all star game, cards fans are about RESPECTING THE GAME!!!! Its the "respect the game" culture that sets cards fans apart.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: December 13, 2015, 07:51:39 PM »
They now share the same unique blend of sanctimoniousness and persecution complex.

Doug Gottlieb

is there a single fanbase in the world that wouldn't be upset at a commentator for calling their championship lucky?

Yeah, plenty of them. I would guess one that hadn't won in a generation would be among that group.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did he say the Royals were lucky or that the Mets were better and blew it. I never saw a quote or tweet that called the Royals lucky.

if you're implying that there are fan bases of sports teams without super sensitive twitter fans who freak out over every perceived slight, then you've never been wronger.

there are certain things all fan bases have. but royals fan culture is about partying and voting omar infante to the all star game, cards fans are about RESPECTING THE GAME!!!! Its the "respect the game" culture that sets cards fans apart.

Of course every fan base has unreasonably sensitive fans, but the gottlieb thing seemed to be a large percentage of the fan base. But forget all of that. The fact that one of you didn't even know what he said and was mad about it and the fact that you used the term "Royals fan culture" without the least bit of irony absolutely proves chingon's point. We can close the conversation now.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: December 13, 2015, 08:01:33 PM »

Doug Gottlieb

Of course every fan base has unreasonably sensitive fans, but the gottlieb thing seemed to be a large percentage of the fan base. But forget all of that. The fact that one of you didn't even know what he said and was mad about it and the fact that you used the term "Royals fan culture" without the least bit of irony absolutely proves chingon's point. We can close the conversation now.

other than maybe gEing (i don't remember if i did or not), i was never mad so maybe i'm a bad example to hold onto here.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: December 13, 2015, 08:28:38 PM »

Doug Gottlieb

other than maybe gEing (i don't remember if i did or not), i was never mad so maybe i'm a bad example to hold onto here.

Sorry, wasn't specifically speaking about you but you were the one who responded. It seems pretty obvious that most people who responded to him interpreted his Mets choked like you did as Royals got lucky, they definitely aren't the same.

The Big Train

« Reply #1231 on: December 13, 2015, 08:34:31 PM »
royals won the ship, bottom line. cant we just move on?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: December 13, 2015, 08:56:04 PM »

Exactly, revel in, mush everyone's face in it, tell your buddies that we all don't need to like you. It's better being the black hat anyway.

The Big Train

« Reply #1233 on: December 13, 2015, 08:59:02 PM »

Exactly, revel in, mush everyone's face in it, tell your buddies that we all don't need to like you. It's better being the black hat anyway.

i work with a cardinals fan, i make it a point to tell him i am a world champion every single day

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: December 13, 2015, 09:00:57 PM »

i work with a cardinals fan, i make it a point to tell him i am a world champion every single day

There you go :emawkid:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: December 13, 2015, 09:09:17 PM »
The Gottleib hate was dumb, but I think the Joe Buck hate and petition is a better example of Royals fans being idiots. Gottleib tries to be edgy and he absolutely knew that some people where going to interpret it the way they did and he was most likely hoping for it. Buck was simply acknowledging a great performance and Royals fans got butthurt that he didn't talk about them as much.

When you consider that a significant portion of Royals fans are also the same KU t-shirt fans that are constantly seeking KU validation it should come as no surprise.

And yes, every fan base definitely has a group like that. If you don't think so just look at the comments on almost any Gottleib tweet. Even if he says something glowingly positive about a team there's someone commenting on how he never can say anything positive about said team. For another example, since we're in the baseball thread, read a Buster Olney tweet's comments. He's even created a graphic showing tweets accusing him of being biased against almost every team.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: December 13, 2015, 09:14:08 PM »
Totes forgot about that Joe Buck petition  :sdeek:

The Big Train

« Reply #1237 on: December 13, 2015, 09:15:05 PM »
its over guys and the royals took the crown  :driving:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: December 13, 2015, 09:52:10 PM »
The Joe Buck thing was the most embarrassing thing as a Royals fan. And yes I said Royals fan culture, all fan bases have a culture and a bit of a group identity, dunno why you'd take exception to that. I'd use that phrase when discussing KSU fans, Chiefs fans, Wichita St fans, whatever....

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: December 13, 2015, 10:26:29 PM »
Announcer bias butthurt is the brownest of brown
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: December 13, 2015, 10:54:02 PM »
The Joe Buck thing was the most embarrassing thing as a Royals fan. And yes I said Royals fan culture, all fan bases have a culture and a bit of a group identity, dunno why you'd take exception to that. I'd use that phrase when discussing KSU fans, Chiefs fans, Wichita St fans, whatever....

I mean, we're discussing this with a Red Sox fan, they definitely have a culture

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: December 14, 2015, 08:34:22 AM »
the joe buck hate was embarrassing. but then i realized every fanbase has derps that think he's out to get them. i mean crap, even cardinals fans hate him for admitting calling the Cubs in the WS would be awesome or whatever.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: December 14, 2015, 08:35:07 AM »
but specifically hating joe buck for JO'ing madison bumgarner is, as lib put it, the brownest of the brown

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: December 14, 2015, 08:39:59 AM »
Joe Buck is awful. If that makes me a brown poster for hating him, then so be it. He sucks and I'd rather have someone else on the call.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: December 14, 2015, 08:42:27 AM »
Saying the Mets were better but just blew it is worse than saying the Royals got lucky, imo. Both statements are dumb, but the Mets lost that series in 5 games, gmafb.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: December 14, 2015, 08:48:06 AM »
Joe Buck is awful. If that makes me a brown poster for hating him, then so be it. He sucks and I'd rather have someone else on the call.

hating joe buck doesn't make you a brown poster. more like being a brown poster makes you hate joe buck.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: December 14, 2015, 08:51:47 AM »

hating joe buck doesn't make you a brown poster. more like being a brown poster makes you hate joe buck.
pffttt.YOU DON'T MAKE THE RULES, MOCAT!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: December 14, 2015, 09:09:09 AM »
I can't imagine what my facebook feed would be like if Joe Buck called a ku basketball game and said that kentucky was really good or something

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: December 14, 2015, 09:42:46 AM »

I mean, we're discussing this with a Red Sox fan, they definitely have a culture

Interesting, and what's that?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1249 on: December 14, 2015, 09:54:57 AM »
It's not a coincidence that Royals and Cardinal fans act the way they do.  They are both an unholy blend of K-State, KU, Missouri, Nebraska, and Iowa State fans.  Just look how those fanbases act and you see how Royals fan act.  It's drawing from the exact same population set.