Author Topic: MLB master thread(non-Royals related) (no longer the official Mets thread)  (Read 213712 times)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
I'm all for more steroids in baseball.

all sports really

I agree, for professional sports anyway.

well ya, don't juice until you're getting paid.  not worth it before that i don't think.

My reasoning has more to do with hormonal development than anything else. A properly administered steroid cycle has relatively few negative side effects associated with it. Health issues occur when the drugs are administered improperly. It's a terrible idea to start taking steroids until after your hormonal system has completely developed, which is usually much later than 18 for most males. Improper dosing and cycling is the other issue, and that comes from people not doing the proper research.

Sports are entertainment. Athletes are paid to perform at their peak physical levels for the enjoyment of others. Steroids make sports more entertaining and draw more revenue. It's pretty simple.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I'm all for more steroids in baseball.

all sports really

I agree, for professional sports anyway.

well ya, don't juice until you're getting paid.  not worth it before that i don't think.

My reasoning has more to do with hormonal development than anything else. A properly administered steroid cycle has relatively few negative side effects associated with it. Health issues occur when the drugs are administered improperly. It's a terrible idea to start taking steroids until after your hormonal system has completely developed, which is usually much later than 18 for most males. Improper dosing and cycling is the other issue, and that comes from people not doing the proper research.

Sports are entertainment. Athletes are paid to perform at their peak physical levels for the enjoyment of others. Steroids make sports more entertaining and draw more revenue. It's pretty simple.

this is what i meant by "not worth it"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Roids bring out anger, mh. More severe reactions than gift baskets. Also, you lose your balls during the process. I know this cause my roommate was the dealer to many cats and Newman in Dallas, but eff that jeter guy for signed baseballs. :lol:

The Big Train

I mean if you make that much money you should be able to make the choice in the risk of taking PED's.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't really give a crap how many women Jeter had consensual sex with. It's the parting actions.

The Big Train

My only issue is with records in baseball. For the simple fact they make royalty in baseball. Slippery slope.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Roids bring out anger, mh. More severe reactions than gift baskets. Also, you lose your balls during the process. I know this cause my roommate was the dealer to many cats and Newman in Dallas, but eff that jeter guy for signed baseballs. :lol:

No, you actually have no idea what you're talking about. No clue at all.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Gift basket on your way out is so unbelievably a stud move and you know it

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I have no problem for your reasoning, mh, but both are immoral actions ("parting gifts" "roids in your ass" etc.), just hate the all holy talk about the difference.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
i don't think either is immoral

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

it's pretty  :lol:, i'll give you that

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

lol. Right. I only watched it happen for two years right in front of my face. Stop picking and choosing wants right and not.

The Big Train

it's pretty  :lol:, i'll give you that

Participation medal

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

No, it's not. It's incredibly egotistical. How can you not grasp that? It's the exact opposite of showing respect.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I have no problem for your reasoning, mh, but both are immoral actions ("parting gifts" "roids in your ass" etc.), just hate the all holy talk about the difference.

You do not understand morality.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm sure that girl wanted respect the whole time too.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

lol. Right. I only watched it happen for two years right in front of my face. Stop picking and choosing wants right and not.

Your anecdotal evidence means nothing compared to the last 60 years of Eastern Bloc Olympic training. You shouldn't speak on matters that you don't fully understand. All substances can be harmful when abused.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Based on your perception, probably not, but I'm happy your roids are working properly.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Based on your perception, probably not, but I'm happy your roids are working properly.

I've never taken an anabolic steroid.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

So minus reading material and the crap you're on, how are you a 100% sure about the evidence I've witnessed?

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This thread
 :goodbyecruelworld:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

So minus reading material and the crap you're on, how are you a 100% sure about the evidence I've witnessed?

Just so we're clear, I am on no performance enhancing drugs. I've only used one illegal substance in my life. You know what it is, so stop insinuating otherwise now.

There were years of recorded data regarding the training and substance regimens of Olympic athletes from Eastern Bloc countries. The doctors and trainers that ran those programs managed them almost exactly like scientists run empiric studies on other living subjects. Everything was controlled for. They were building machines. This of course was all before WADA. Now official records can't actually be maintained in order to prevent getting caught.

Steroid usage in professional athletics, of all kinds, is far more prevalent than the general public realizes.

The Big Train

Could you guys imagine if I took roids? :sdeek:

I wouldn't be able to walk, or even walk through a normal door without turning my shoulders. :sdeek:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
FWIW, I really enjoyed our convo last night, MH.  :cheers: I did witness some interesting behavior with my roommates, but i'm sure it was different stuff than what you're educated on (cause you're smarter than them). One of my roommates did it cause he left for hollywood in the summers to be an extra in films. The only notable one I ever saw him in was seabiscuit, but I had to get out of that house after awhile. It was getting weird. Especially seeing the 04' teams linebackers over all the time. I wish it would of helped them. We sucked that year.  :frown:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:43:01 AM by WackyCat08 »

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's all good. Like I said, any drug that is used improperly can have negative side effects. I don't doubt that you saw some of that in the group you knew who were using. Your average meathead doesn't usually cycle/ dose properly.