Author Topic: MLB master thread(non-Royals related) (no longer the official Mets thread)  (Read 213169 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Reds pitched a no hitter and lost.  That's awesome.

MLB is broken. The batters can't hit these pitchers w/ the spinrate and the way they use the bullpen.

And the next day the assholes hit 5 home runs in an inning.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
chongs what do we do about Max being out the next 6-8 weeks? I am not confident Peterson alone is going to hold things over. If Tylore only misses a couple of starts then maybe we just hold serve and hope for the best, but my gut is telling me we might need to offer up JD or Dom to get a good top of the rotation guy. I would miss Dom a lot more than JD. Not to mention there are a lot of big series happening in the next 6-8 weeks that would just really suck if we didn't have an ace available. I mean crap just looking at the entire month of june...even if we did have an ace I can't help but think going 13-12 in June would be a really good result. without some help that could easily be an 8-17 kind of month.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
I am pretty bummed about Max (and Tylor).  It's going to stress the bullpen, and I just don't know if this will carry over to the end of the season. 

If we can survive June in first place that'll be very impressive and set us up to pull away IMO. 

The Marlins are concerning (oddly enough I am not too worried about the Braves --- probably foolishly).

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
I am kind of done with JD.  If can't produce at DH he has no value to.  But perhaps I am just irritated at his hitting into double plays streak.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
I would keep Dom over JD just to give Pete a break or get the better glove in, but he's got to start producing more at the plate too.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Yeah after the Rockies series I am pretty much done with JD. he’s not great at 3B, his only real value at this point would be his hitting and he isn’t hitting and hasn’t been at all this season. ESP with how well Luis is playing he can just be the utility rover for whoever needs a day off at 2B/SS/3B. I’m worried his stock has been dropping since he hasn’t done crap so it might be hard to get a high end pitcher for him (and I would imagine a couple prospects)

With how hard the bullpen has had to work I think we’re lucky if we win 1 in SF. Hopefully philly is still slumping when they come to town and we can limp through that series and steal a couple

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
I am so excited to go see this tonight. One night showing nationwide in the bigger cities. I had his book growing up and have always been a huge fan.

https://youtu.be/yiwsStNPDdM
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Well I hope that wasn’t one of those pivotal moments that changed the coarse of a season

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
2 out, nobody on, and you could just kind of tell Diaz didn’t have his stuff. I’m glad he just took the L and that it didn’t go to extras

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Win the series.  That's all we gotta keep doing.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
guess we'll see if we can get a little magic from whoever we call up from the taxi squad to start. I was pleasantly surprised with how amazing Peterson pitched. I was disappointed with how poorly Bassit pitched. I said a couple days ago i thought we'd be lucky to get 1 out of 3 in SF and even though we could have definitely won the first 2 i'm reminding myself that we are still probably lucky to have avoided the sweep.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
At least this game wasn’t a kick in the nuts. We need to get another pitcher. 4 + a bullpen isn’t going to work for very long. Esp with the next west coast road trip. June could be a nasty month for the Mets

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Boioioioingggg

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Best jomboy breakdown o.a.t.
https://youtu.be/DLJOkseV_Q8

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
dang chongs i didn't get a chance to watch the sunday game until p late last night but that was a roller coaster.

Also admittedly i kinda dozed off in the middle...was there an explanation for why Diaz was pitching the 8th and Lugo the 9th?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
It was so Diaz would face the top of the order (Betts, Freddy and Trea). 

Unfortunately, the quaterrican blew it against the bottom of the order.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
makes sense in theory, i suppose. but lugo can't close. for whatever reason he just can't seem to handle the pressure.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
This game is incredibly unfun. At this point I'm just watching to see how many more key players get injured and have to leave the game

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
get out of my face JOHN!

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
John is a real butt head.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
It's going to be ok Big Apple Cat.  Give your offerings of rum and cigars tonight.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Apparently I offered up the wrong brand. At least I won’t stay up all night watching this crap show.