Author Topic: MLB master thread(non-Royals related) (no longer the official Mets thread)  (Read 218495 times)

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: MLB master thread(non-Royals related) (no longer the official Mets thread)
« Reply #3325 on: April 30, 2022, 10:20:56 AM »
If you havin slugging prollems I feel bad for you, son
I threw 159 pitches and a hit aint one
(no) HIT ME

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Amazing
I need a different word. Amazing won’t cut it.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
that's enraging

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Chicago was ahead 8-2 on Cleveland going in to the top of the 9th inning. They are currently in the 11th inning

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Chicago was ahead 8-2 on Cleveland going in to the top of the 9th inning. They are currently in the 11th inning
The dude who hit the 2-out grand slam to tie the game in the top of the 9th hit a 3 run dinger in the top of the 11th

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Angels have a no hitter in tact going in to the 9th. Also winning 12-0 so Tampa might not be putting up much of a fight

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Angels have a no hitter in tact going in to the 9th. Also winning 12-0 so Tampa might not be putting up much of a fight

Just did it. 22 yr old rookie. Pretty cool

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
question for anyone reading this thread (but mostly CHONGS):
what team do you hate the most?

In general i take the position that i hate every other team in the NL east the most, but i was watching the phillies and dodgers game the other day and couldn't believe it but i actually wanted the phillies to win. maybe i hate the dodgers the most.

You might think a mets fan would say the yankees is the team they hate the most but i just don't have the energy anymore to hate a team we are only going to play like 6 games against in the regular season.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
based on my eldest son's first name starting with the letter H and him realizing that at like 3 years old the astros have a giant H in their logo we are a Houston astros family. I am currently listening to the astros broadcast and watch 5 astros games for every royals game I am able to catch. asically I'm now an astros fan.

and EVERYONE tells us how much they hate the astros. obviously the pitch stealing was a basis for it. but I think they are a very easy to hate club too. and, folks, this is perfect for little sd and I. he hates nebraska because all his classmates like them. he and I are peas in a pod here.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
fatheads in his room right now:

life size (very small) jose altuve
orbit
giant astros logo
like 10'ish smaller astros logos and things that came free if you got the life size altuve

he also has an altuve jersey he wears about once a week. his royals jersey we got at the stadium has his last name on it but he doesn't really wear it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com

In general i take the position that i hate every other team in the NL east the most, but i was watching the phillies and dodgers game the other day and couldn't believe it but i actually wanted the phillies to win. maybe i hate the dodgers the most.

You might think a mets fan would say the yankees is the team they hate the most but i just don't have the energy anymore to hate a team we are only going to play like 6 games against in the regular season.

I will always hate the Cardinals, Braves, Phillies, and Yankees.  But Yankee hate is not nearly as strong as my NL hates. I also must admit to some residual Giants hate as well, but it's pretty latent. 

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I will always hate the Cardinals, Braves, Phillies, and Yankees.  But Yankee hate is not nearly as strong as my NL hates. I also must admit to some residual Giants hate as well, but it's pretty latent.

Yankees. Mainstream media has really got me to hate the Astros lately, too.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yankees. Mainstream media has really got me to hate the Astros lately, too.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
I like Jose Altuve to much to hate the Stros.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I like Jose Altuve to much to hate the Stros.

he's for sure BITB

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Reds pitched a no hitter and lost.  That's awesome.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Reds pitched a no hitter and lost.  That's awesome.

MLB is broken. The batters can't hit these pitchers w/ the spinrate and the way they use the bullpen.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
lil SDs room is absolute fire. I don't think the pitch stealing by itself is why everyone hates the stros so much i think it has more to do with how much success they've had recently, like they've been in the ALCS like basically every year for the last 6 years or whatever and people get tired of one team always being on top. And to chong's point i agree, the altuve factor alone should keep the astros off of most people's most hated team, he is as adorable as he is good at baseball.

also that no-hitter game for Cin man that's nuts. imagine pitching 7.1 no-hit innings and still taking a loss.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
If it was all about success you wouldn't hear boos rain down on Correa in a Twins jersey.  They absolutely deserve every bit of hate.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Jose Altuve sucks

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
good, good, let the hate flow through you