Author Topic: Are we going to go all in on the passing game this season?  (Read 13358 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Are we going to go all in on the passing game this season?
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2014, 12:11:56 PM »
Waters is terrible on speed option, there is no doubt there (though he did improve as the season went along).

However, he's pretty good on zone read option and delay QB lead/draw plays. He is good at moving in the pocket to buy time to throw as well. He's not a detriment as a runner and the QB run game can still be a nice part of our offense, it just won't be the percentage it was for Klein or Sams.

The comparison with Matt Miller is almost spot on. Waters is actually a slightly better runner than Miller, Miller had a higher completion percentage, but Waters has a higher YPA. Their TD:INT is identical.

I just watched all the meaningful offensive possessions from the BWW Bowl and Waters was nearly perfect.  He even ran the speed options decently.  He tends to slow play them a bit but we still gained yards on each one and I'd bet averaged 4 or 5 yards an attempt.

After rewatching, how good were we or how terrible was the Michigan defense?

i know a guy that watched part of the game with some big12 coaches and he said that the coaches were loling at michigan the entire time and saying that they must not have watched five seconds of kstate tape. take whatever you want from that.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2014, 12:15:54 PM »
Guys I want a bunch of Sams jet sweep actions but them BAM! deep pass to TLBL for the TOUCHDOWN WIIIILDCATS!!!  STAN DID YOU SEE THAT!  Yes I did Wyatt, the Sams jet action brought the the safeties up and Lockett beat them deep, and the Cats take a 14 point lead into halftime against the Tigers.

Offline daBish7

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2014, 12:31:19 PM »
Guys I want a bunch of Sams jet sweep actions but them BAM! deep pass to TLBL for the TOUCHDOWN WIIIILDCATS!!!  STAN DID YOU SEE THAT!  Yes I did Wyatt, the Sams jet action brought the the safeties up and Lockett beat them deep, and the Cats take a 14 point lead into halftime against the Tigers.

Wyatt:  What you say?

Stan:  I can't hear you.

Wyatt: THIS PLACE IS GOING CRAZY!

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2014, 01:33:00 PM »

If this play isn't already in the main playbook then Snyders doing it wrong.

Point being that LHCBS never does it wrong, so it's in there.  :thumbsup:

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2014, 01:34:14 PM »
We haven't seen the jail-break screen in several years, will it be back this year??
Awaiting the inevitable KITN