Author Topic: oaf is against the gay lifestyle  (Read 27796 times)

Offline Stellarcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: oaf is against the gay lifestyle
« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2014, 01:49:25 AM »
Disagreeing with another's decisions in no way, shape, or form insinuates bigotry.  I can disagree with tons of beliefs, but it doesn't mean I should or would treat them any differently than my best friend or family member.  Why is that so difficult for some to comprehend.

So far, the biggest example of bigotry is coming from those in favor of homosexuality.  How can you not see the irony in this?  I believe that above all else is love, and even though I don't agree with you, I should still try to love you with all of my heart and hope for the best for you.  It is easy to lump religious believers into an intolerant, unintelligent, non-progressive box.  Yet many also lump homosexuals into a nice, neat box also.  How is that any different than what you're actively condemning?

Say I'm a gay 16 year old kid.  If I'm being raised by a "love the sinner, hate the sin" parent, I'm being told that I'm not good enough.  Then I have to go to church with said parent and hear comments, sermons, etc. about how there is something wrong with me because I'm gay.  I go to school, and kids make fun of me because I'm gay (after hearing their parents and church talk about how it is a sin).  I read message board threads that talk about how my sexuality is the equivalent to lying, cheating, and stealing.  People make comparisons between premarital sex and homosexuality, without acknowledging the fact that I likely can't get married, but the abstinent couple will be able to go at it like rabbits once they sign that piece of paper.  Oh, and since these people all believe that God makes everyone, it is clear that either God hated me when I was still in the womb or that I'm choosing the most brutal "lifestyle" imaginable. 

That gay kid doesn't affect your life because he is gay.  People standing up for gay rights don't affect your life.   You "disagreeing" with the homosexuality?  THAT actually affects people who are often struggling from all of the BS thrown their way simply for being themselves.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2014, 02:11:04 AM »
Disagreeing with another's decisions in no way, shape, or form insinuates bigotry.  I can disagree with tons of beliefs, but it doesn't mean I should or would treat them any differently than my best friend or family member.  Why is that so difficult for some to comprehend.

So far, the biggest example of bigotry is coming from those in favor of homosexuality.  How can you not see the irony in this?  I believe that above all else is love, and even though I don't agree with you, I should still try to love you with all of my heart and hope for the best for you.  It is easy to lump religious believers into an intolerant, unintelligent, non-progressive box.  Yet many also lump homosexuals into a nice, neat box also.  How is that any different than what you're actively condemning?

I bet you just sit around all day and think of gay sex... It's ok dude, gE will accept you
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2014, 06:18:57 AM »
So far, the biggest example of bigotry is coming from those in favor of homosexuality. 

we should do a vote and everyone "in favor of homosexuality" raises their hand.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 06:33:54 AM by steve dave »

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2014, 06:55:34 AM »
I'm in favor of people who are willing to look at an issue from a viewpoint other than their own and show respect to the person that holds that viewpoint.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 11, 2014, 07:38:03 AM »
Love the 'I don't hate gays, just the lifestyle' people

Don't hate the player, hate the game.  Classic stuff, there.  Don't think it can be universally applied, though.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline Stellarcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 11, 2014, 08:00:50 AM »
I'm in favor of people who are willing to look at an issue from a viewpoint other than their own and show respect to the person that holds that viewpoint.

Me, too....but not when someone else's viewpoint is that there is something wrong/sinful/evil/disgusting about being gay.

Disclaimer:  I am not gay.  My son IS gay.  It is difficult to watch people treat him like crap because of that fact. 

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 11, 2014, 08:09:59 AM »
I am mostly fascinated by oaf's anti gay position: it wasnt that the bible or god has any problem with gays specifically, it is purely based on intended gamete landing site. Not something I had heard before.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 11, 2014, 08:27:28 AM »
I am mostly fascinated by oaf's anti gay position: it wasnt that the bible or god has any problem with gays specifically, it is purely based on intended gamete landing site. Not something I had heard before.
Was that his final position? I thought it changed a couple of times.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 11, 2014, 08:46:54 AM »

Me, too....but not when someone else's viewpoint is that there is something wrong/sinful/evil/disgusting about being gay.

Disclaimer:  I am not gay.  My son IS gay.  It is difficult to watch people treat him like crap because of that fact.

you need to be more tolerant of their intolerance

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 11, 2014, 08:47:31 AM »

except that his bigotry slants towards discrimination and social injustice whereas ours doesn't. i don't live in a society that denies civil rights to religious people, i live in one that denies them to gay people.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 11, 2014, 08:49:52 AM »
The belief that one man rough ridin' another man in the ass is perfectly normal is no more or less dogmatic than the belief it is not.  All of you should shut up and leave each other alone.

The only ridiculous thing going on in this thread is a so-called moderator aggressively attacking a user based on said moderator's personal views of others views of homosexuality.   Moderating discourse into the current denigrated state, how perverse.

I think the mod was attacking bigoted views on homosexuality.

You clearly don't know the meaning of the following words:
Think
Bigot

I appreciate that all your arguments are so easy to dominate.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2014, 09:09:05 AM »
For the bible thumpers who use that for the reason why they think it's wrong. Think of it this way. We've evolved as a society through time. I like to think my god has as well.  :gocho: Get a little bit better everyday, you know?

CASE CLOSED!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2014, 09:10:48 AM »
 :lol:

sometimes, I wish I had a signature move.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2014, 09:11:17 AM »
:lol:

sometimes, I wish I had a signature move.

yeah.  wacky's is really, really good

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2014, 09:12:39 AM »
 :)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2014, 09:29:10 AM »
Wait, what if I have an erotic dream and...you know....did I sin? 

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2014, 09:36:03 AM »

Were you dreaming of procreating with a woman?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2014, 09:40:33 AM »

I think if you were sleeping next to your wife, you could try to inseminate her while she sleeps, but otherwise, it's off to confession.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 11, 2014, 10:12:52 AM »
'stone as we evolve as human beings, god evolves. He's down with the wet dreams now. It's ok, he knows you can't help it.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 11, 2014, 10:14:28 AM »

I think if you were sleeping next to your wife, you could try to inseminate her while she sleeps, but otherwise, it's off to confession.

i think if you put your sheets in the freezer until your wife was intending to ovulate you would be fine

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2014, 10:21:51 AM »
'stone as we evolve as human beings, god evolves. He's down with the wet dreams now. It's ok, he knows you can't help it.

Just like homosexuals, he made me the way I am!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2014, 10:29:09 AM »
I really hope god isn't a bigot. I would have to reevaluate some things.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2014, 10:31:08 AM »

your "god" isn't real. I know it's tough to deal with but we'll get through this.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 11, 2014, 10:31:59 AM »

your "god" isn't real. I know it's tough to deal with but we'll get through this.
I don't know what he did to you, but I hope you can grow from it, friend.  ;)

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2014, 10:35:45 AM »

I don't know what he did to you, but I hope you can grow from it, friend.  ;)

he didn't do anything because he doesn't exist.