Author Topic: Hillary LOL (f/k/a Hillary Clinton Indictment Watch f/k/a Hillary 2016?)  (Read 335107 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Hillary 2016?
« Reply #525 on: June 05, 2015, 08:50:54 AM »
We should make voting as hard as Josh Duggar at a family reunion.
:lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 05, 2015, 08:52:39 AM »
It doesn't take wide spread voter fraud for voter fraud to be effective.   Why is that so hard to understand?   

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 05, 2015, 08:54:51 AM »
Still waiting for anyone to explain why lowering the bar even more for the voting electorate is a good idea.

Still waiting... Seriously, I'm not trying to play gotcha - I really want to know who thinks this is a good idea and why.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 05, 2015, 08:56:40 AM »
Still waiting for anyone to explain why lowering the bar even more for the voting electorate is a good idea.

Still waiting... Seriously, I'm not trying to play gotcha - I really want to know who thinks this is a good idea and why.

What if the dummies vote only counts as 3/5 of a vote?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 05, 2015, 11:19:52 AM »
So nothing, huh? Nobody wants to explain why it's a good idea to make the voting electorate even dumber/lazier as a whole than it already is?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 05, 2015, 11:20:43 AM »
So nothing, huh? Nobody wants to explain why it's a good idea to make the voting electorate even dumber/lazier as a whole than it already is?

maybe to save money and shrink the goverment?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 05, 2015, 11:22:02 AM »

someones probably going to pop out and destroy me on this, but i really think filing your tax return should be your voter registration

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 05, 2015, 11:33:18 AM »

It's really only a good idea if you think democracy is a good idea

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 05, 2015, 11:36:49 AM »

There are people way, way smarter than you who would like to keep you from voting.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 05, 2015, 11:37:21 AM »
You assume that the vast majority of people who don't vote now but would vote if it were easier would vote for D.  Why do you assume that?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 05, 2015, 12:42:05 PM »

someones probably going to pop out and destroy me on this, but i really think filing your tax return should be your voter registration

Anybody from any country can file a US tax return, you don't even need a social security number. They will even give you a child tax credit check back in return. You don't even need to pay anything in.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 05, 2015, 12:47:21 PM »
You assume that the vast majority of people who don't vote now but would vote if it were easier would vote for D.  Why do you assume that?

I answer that in two parts. First, I suppose it's possible that there's a lot of smart, engaged people out there who just don't vote because they don't have the time to jump through a couple of rudimentary hoops like registering and presenting an ID, but I really doubt it. So, I think I'm making a pretty safe assumption that making it easier to vote than it already is is going bring in lots of additional stupid and/or lazy people to the electorate (if not outright fraud) on net. Do you agree so far?

Second, who do those lazy and/or stupid people vote for? There are certainly stupid and/or lazy Republican voters, but I think the majority will by and large vote for the party that will give them more handouts. I think that is a fair assumption to make.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:55:53 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 05, 2015, 12:52:05 PM »

I answer that in two parts. First, I suppose it's possible that there's a lot of smart, engaged people out there who just don't vote because they don't have the time to jump through a couple of rudimentary hoops like registering and presenting an ID, but I really doubt it. So, I think I'm making a pretty safe assumption that making it easier to vote than it already is is going bring in lots of additional stupid and/or lazy people to the electorate (if not outright fraud) on net. Do you agree so far?

Second, who do those lazy and/or stupid people vote for? There are certainly stupid and/or lazy Republican voters, but I think the majority will by and large vote for the party that will give them more handouts. I think that is a fair assumption to make.

1.) I fixed your quote function blunder

2.) So, you're admitting that your opposition to making voting easier is that you *think* that it will cause more people to vote for the party you oppose, based on nothing but your gut feelings?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 05, 2015, 12:53:43 PM »

That's a flippant non-answer. Why is it good for democracy? We don't have a democracy, by the way, but a representative republic, precisely because we believed it would be a better form of government to not put every issue to the people for direct voting. Not unlike setting a threshold for voting in the first place.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 05, 2015, 12:59:30 PM »

1.) I fixed your quote function blunder

2.) So, you're admitting that your opposition to making voting easier is that you *think* that it will cause more people to vote for the party you oppose, based on nothing but your gut feelings?

Yes. It's no secret that oppose most democrat policies. I believe that electing a party to power based on handouts will put our country into a death spiral. So, I don't think that giving Democrats more power is good for this country, and I therefore don't believe that loosening voting requirements is good for this country.

I've answered all of your questions, now how about answering mine. Do you disagree with my assumptions? If so, why?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: June 05, 2015, 01:00:16 PM »

There are people way, way smarter than you who would like to keep you from voting.

We're talking about lowering requirements - not raising them.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 05, 2015, 01:13:37 PM »
I'm not convinced that your assumptions are correct, no.  For instance, I did not vote in the last Presidential election, but I would have if I could have done it online, and I would have voted for Romney (Texas, tho).  So, I didn't even have to venture beyond my own personal space to find one example that goes against your assumption.  That makes me think, surely there are many others.  How many others? Well, I don't know.  While I appreciate your honesty about your personal motivations for opposing the policy, I don't think politically-biased assumptions carry enough weight to win a policy argument. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 05, 2015, 01:20:44 PM »

That's a flippant non-answer. Why is it good for democracy? We don't have a democracy, by the way, but a representative republic, precisely because we believed it would be a better form of government to not put every issue to the people for direct voting. Not unlike setting a threshold for voting in the first place.

It may or may not be "good" for democracy, but making it as easy as possible for every eligible voter to vote is the right thing to do.

Rather than disenfranchising a voting bloc you consider "lazy and dumb", perhaps candidates could do something to educate and reach out to those people and make them less "lazy and dumb". Wouldn't finding a way to make a large segment of the population more educated and productive be a good thing for society?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 05, 2015, 01:23:13 PM »
Not ignoring a large portion of society may prove to actually be a good idea and solution for resolving problems that occur in that community and cost everyone money. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 05, 2015, 01:40:13 PM »
It is disingenuous to argue, as KSUW seems to, that he favors a continuation of the status quo.  The status quo is dynamic--more restrictions/ID verifications/fewer voting days etc.  establishing a new line and then defending them means that the conversation is broader than "right now."  Because this issue is dynamic both in actual policy proposals (both democrats and republicans favor shifts to the status quo) policy preferences and in ideologies it is completely reasonable to discuss the alternative.  It is not a slippery slope to talk about more restrictions.

You made clear why you think that restricting the voting pool makes sense, others have shared why they think it is bad.  Why do you keep implying people are making bad faith arguments?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 05, 2015, 03:16:20 PM »
You made clear why you think that restricting the voting pool makes sense, others have shared why they think it is bad.  Why do you keep implying people are making bad faith arguments?

I'm implying nothing of the sort. I'm genuinely interested in why people think we should make it even easier than it already is to vote.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 05, 2015, 03:21:11 PM »
I'm genuinely interested in why people think we should make it even easier than it already is to vote.

a rational society should aim to make everything easier for the members of that society.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 05, 2015, 03:23:03 PM »
I'm not convinced that your assumptions are correct, no.  For instance, I did not vote in the last Presidential election, but I would have if I could have done it online, and I would  :ROFL:have voted for Romney (Texas, tho).  So, I didn't even have to venture beyond my own personal space to find one example that goes against your assumption.  That makes me think, surely there are many others.  How many others? Well, I don't know.  While I appreciate your honesty about your personal motivations for opposing the policy, I don't think politically-biased assumptions carry enough weight to win a policy argument.

As I already said, it's possible that at least some people are intelligent and engaged and still could not vote due to our minimal requirements. You're evidently one such person, though I am a little dubious as to why voting was such a burden for you (I don't know what advanced and mail balloting is permitted in Texas). That doesn't change my overall opinion that, if you're smart and engaged, it's really not that hard at all to vote, so the additional voters that lower standards would yield will be, on net, dumber/lazier. If you disagree, fine. I freely admit I'm just going off my gut instinct. If you have anything more definitive to the contrary, please share.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 03:33:03 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 05, 2015, 03:25:44 PM »
I'm genuinely interested in why people think we should make it even easier than it already is to vote.

a rational society should aim to make everything easier for the members of that society.

Sorry, that just doesn't make any sense at all. We impose standards for all sorts of things. Driving, college admission, etc. There is not always merit to "making everything easier."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 05, 2015, 03:31:21 PM »

It may or may not be "good" for democracy, but making it as easy as possible for every eligible voter to vote is the right thing to do.

Rather than disenfranchising a voting bloc you consider "lazy and dumb", perhaps candidates could do something to educate and reach out to those people and make them less "lazy and dumb". Wouldn't finding a way to make a large segment of the population more educated and productive be a good thing for society?

To your first point, that's sys's argument and I addressed it above.

To your second point, that's a nice thought but it's not very realistic. It's also not a reason to lower standards. It is perhaps a remedy to lowered standards but, as I said, not very realistic.