Author Topic: Auburn game  (Read 56707 times)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Auburn game
« Reply #350 on: August 23, 2014, 06:40:00 PM »
 :lol:

Offline ksutexan

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 24, 2014, 06:11:34 PM »
I think a LOT of folks forget that Auburn was 3-9 (0-8 conf) in 2012.  Last year was a dream season, flash in the pan, lucky season, etc, etc, not unlike ku's orange bowl season in '07.  Pretty sure they dodged all the "good teams" in the $EC last year as well.

Should be a blood bath and can see why the 'Cats could overlook them.

OU, Baylor, and OSU are all going to be scarier games, imo.

Well, OU beat Bama by 14, Auburn beat Bama by 6, OU beat us by 10, therefore science tells us OU was better than Auburn by 8, thus giving Auburn a 2 point advantage over us. HOWEVER, further studies show that home field is worth 3 points BUT that only means we would have beat them by 1 LAST YEAR. We should be better and Auburn worse, so really no worries unless something flukey happens like we turn it over 5 times.

How does the math work when you add in Oklahoma State beating Mississippi State 21-3 (18 points) and then Auburn beating Mississippi State 24-20 (4 points) and Oklahoma State beating K-State 33-29 (4 points) doesn't that add up that K-State would have beaten Auburn by 10 points?  So then you add in the 2 point advantage of OU and subtract the 10 points from Oklahoma State and K-State wins by 8 points on the road or neutral field.  Add in 6 points for being at home and that is a 14 point victory by K-State.  Not even counting that Auburn will not be as good as last year and K-State will be better than last year.  You might throw in 7 more points and it is now a 21 point blow-out by K-State. 

Lets assume that K-State players also know how to do simple math and expect this game to be a 21 point blow-out, are they now looking ahead toward that harder game UTEP or listening to their fat little girlfriends about how easy the Auburn game will be?  If so, you can probably shave 18 points off the Auburn game and it now is a close game and just a 3 point win.

However, I think this team has eyes on the greater prize of football play-off and will be taking each game serious and have a true one-game-at-a-time attitude.  Now we are back up to the 21 point blow-out - mark it down!

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 24, 2014, 07:55:58 PM »
I think a LOT of folks forget that Auburn was 3-9 (0-8 conf) in 2012.  Last year was a dream season, flash in the pan, lucky season, etc, etc, not unlike ku's orange bowl season in '07.  Pretty sure they dodged all the "good teams" in the $EC last year as well.

Well, OU beat Bama by 14, Auburn beat Bama by 6, OU beat us by 10, therefore science tells us OU was better than Auburn by 8, thus giving Auburn a 2 point advantage over us. HOWEVER, further studies show that home field is worth 3 points BUT that only means we would have beat them by 1 LAST YEAR. We should be better and Auburn worse, so really no worries unless something flukey happens like we turn it over 5 times.

How does the math work when you add in Oklahoma State beating Mississippi State 21-3 (18 points) and then Auburn beating Mississippi State 24-20 (4 points) and Oklahoma State beating K-State 33-29 (4 points) doesn't that add up that K-State would have beaten Auburn by 10 points?  So then you add in the 2 point advantage of OU and subtract the 10 points from Oklahoma State and K-State wins by 8 points on the road or neutral field.  Add in 6 points for being at home and that is a 14 point victory by K-State.  Not even counting that Auburn will not be as good as last year and K-State will be better than last year.  You might throw in 7 more points and it is now a 21 point blow-out by K-State. 

Lets assume that K-State players also know how to do simple math and expect this game to be a 21 point blow-out, are they now looking ahead toward that harder game UTEP or listening to their fat little girlfriends about how easy the Auburn game will be?  If so, you can probably shave 18 points off the Auburn game and it now is a close game and just a 3 point win.

However, I think this team has eyes on the greater prize of football play-off and will be taking each game serious and have a true one-game-at-a-time attitude.  Now we are back up to the 21 point blow-out - mark it down!
Mathematician, I like the way things add up!  :excited:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 24, 2014, 08:59:39 PM »

mark it down!
Ok....  I've got it marked down.   Now what?!?!   :excited:
bears are fast...

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 25, 2014, 10:30:27 AM »

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 25, 2014, 10:50:44 AM »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 25, 2014, 05:55:25 PM »
At work today, a coworker was making fun of EMAW and saying KSU has never had a good team. Auburn is going to stomp us. I asked about Bishop, Roberson, Klein, and he said yeah, but they were still Big 12 teams. I said that KSU had it in the bag and I was not worried. He was all about SEC SEC, I made the usual arguments about scheduling etc. Then I asked who his team was and he said Arkansas.  :frown:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 25, 2014, 05:56:11 PM »
I will be betting him on my StateCats though.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 25, 2014, 06:01:22 PM »

Even though you won't need them, make him give you AT LEAST the 8 pts that Vegas is offering.  If he's an SEC-SEC-SEC fan, you should be able to easily get him to part with 2 TDs.

HTH
bears are fast...

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 25, 2014, 06:04:06 PM »

Even though you won't need them, make him give you AT LEAST the 8 pts that Vegas is offering.  If he's an SEC-SEC-SEC fan, you should be able to easily get him to part with 2 TDs.

HTH
I'll let him dig his hole and secure his funds.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: August 25, 2014, 06:29:11 PM »

HTH
I'll let him dig his hole and secure his funds.

Atta boy.

:thumbsup:
bears are fast...

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 26, 2014, 09:26:13 AM »
I meant this:

http://kccatbackers.com/Resources/Documents/2014LetterWritingRequest.pdf

Well this hits a little close to home...
Why are we doing this?  Seems weird.
:dunno:
They send this letter out every year to each club. Each club gets 1 game to write to the players. But I agree, it's very weird

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 26, 2014, 09:48:40 AM »
Of course it is the KC Catbackers who leak this, idiot snitches, JOCO is the worst :curse:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 26, 2014, 09:51:03 AM »
Of course it is the KC Catbackers who leak this, idiot snitches, JOCO is the worst :curse:

I don't see why this is something that needs to be a secret.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 26, 2014, 09:57:13 AM »

You don't know why the head coach prompting fans to write letters of support to the players should be kept from the players? I'll help, I think Snyder would like to at least give the appearance of the letters being a spontaneous act. This has been happening forever only one jackass felt the need to scan it and share it with the world.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 26, 2014, 10:05:33 AM »
gE needs to write letters to Derricott... Why was he left off?
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 26, 2014, 10:20:13 AM »

Make sure no one tells @Littlemissjas1

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 26, 2014, 10:22:35 AM »

Well Jesus, you just @'d her. Think MIR, come on
:adios:

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 26, 2014, 10:28:29 AM »

Well Jesus, you just @'d her. Think MIR, come on
Rules is rules.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 26, 2014, 10:48:05 AM »

:lol:

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 26, 2014, 11:58:31 AM »

You don't know why the head coach prompting fans to write letters of support to the players should be kept from the players? I'll help, I think Snyder would like to at least give the appearance of the letters being a spontaneous act. This has been happening forever only one jackass felt the need to scan it and share it with the world.

I hope you're not referring to who the letter was addressed. These get sent to the club's address and handled by others. Also, no one really goes to their website except members, so I don't think they were anticipating a lot of people seeing it. Just makes it easier to share with all members.

I don't believe that these letters are any less genuine than if they weren't prompted. There a lot of tucks out there who would love to write to players. I think this just opens the door for them to tuck away.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 26, 2014, 12:43:26 PM »
havent checked this thread in a while. did anyone of the auburn bad boys do anything stupid last week and get suspended?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline MouseRat

• Mall Santa/Amateur Surgeon
  • Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • Pound £*#%ing sand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 26, 2014, 12:51:08 PM »
I meant this:

They send this letter out every year to each club. Each club gets 1 game to write to the players. But I agree, it's very weird

If this is true then I want to know who was responsible for writing letters before the Baylor game in '12.  They really crap the bed on that one... :shakesfist:
I’ve started to kind of hate people, and it’s not because I have anything against them. It’s just, I enjoy it. It’s recreation.
-Louis C.K.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 27, 2014, 02:47:00 AM »
I meant this:

If this is true then I want to know who was responsible for writing letters before the Baylor game in '12.  They really crap the bed on that one... :shakesfist:

Pratt, KS Catbackers