Author Topic: Downward spiral of society ("Damn kids these days" thread)  (Read 588 times)

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Downward spiral of society ("Damn kids these days" thread)
« on: April 03, 2014, 10:02:30 AM »
Is the next generation getting dumber. Were we this dumb? Sheesh  :blank:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/31/eraser-challenge-connecticut-school_n_5064561.html

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Downward spiral of society ("Damn kids these days" thread)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 10:05:55 AM »
no, yes.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
Re: Downward spiral of society ("Damn kids these days" thread)
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 10:07:37 AM »
They bring in these KU grads Errr… JCCC dropouts who have until now, considered operating the ATM to take out mummy and daddy’s money, work.   

I have probably been asked this question by at least 50 of them over the last 3 years. – “So we have 8 pallets that are 4 feet wide, 4 feet long, and 8 feet tall.  The trailer is 10 feet wide and 10 feet tall.  How long do I need the trailer to be to carry these pallets?  HOW DO I FIGURE THAT OUT?”  I always say.  “MATH”  The look on their faces is always the same.   

Also, they can never figure it out.  It’s like Stephen Hawking just rolled up and asked them to prove the existence of dark matter using a pencil and an abacus. 

"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread